Archived Burnt Orange Leaf Block

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Eucindiel

Keeper of the Forest
Reaction score
Faction
Evedor
There are enough leaf varieties now (six) to sacrifice one for the means of having a burnt orange (or a burnt read/ochre) leaf block.

This will give players more creative options with their builds and also allow a bit of levity when it comes to the harvest festival next year (could world edit be used to swap all the leaves to orange temporarily if there was a permanentorange block type?)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Burnt orange is my second favorite color. Can you guess what my first favorite is?~

I think there is a lot of possibilities for leaf blocks, but orange leaves would be cool.

On the subject of this thread tho:

Leaves are not colored by the texture pack, they are colored by the environment colors. Grassland has a certain hue of green that will color the various leaves green in a certain way. Their base color is gray, which defines their darkness.

There is no way to turn certain leaves green unless we define an entire biome to be orange, which will result in the grass, plants and everything being orange.

Ah, the great orange plains of Fendarfell... What a site to behold. Nothing else like it on the face of Aloria.

@MonMarty

With some of the recent aren't there some new biomes that aren't currently used on the server which you could assign the burnt orange color to. It would at least make it possible for server events to have said color leaves.

You could just take a completely unused block and texture it to be burnt orange leaves in appearance, right? Or is that not possible?

As an Architect I would like the idea of a Fall/Burnt texture to a leaf block. Would be very interesting at the very least and would allow me to design Halloween/Fall Festivals for my faction

Leaves are not colored by the texture pack, they are colored by the environment colors. Grassland has a certain hue of green that will color the various leaves green in a certain way. Their base color is gray, which defines their darkness.

There is no way to turn certain leaves green unless we define an entire biome to be orange, which will result in the grass, plants and everything being orange.

Damn.. I suspected as much. Time to go put pressure on Microjang ;)

There are enough leaf varieties now (six) to sacrifice one for the means of having a burnt orange (or a burnt read/ochre) leaf block.

This will give players more creative options with their builds and also allow a bit of levity when it comes to the harvest festival next year (could world edit be used to swap all the leaves to orange temporarily if there was a permanentorange block type?)
Well, though it's not burnt orange, birch leaves turn a golden yellow in a mountain biome, mimicking aspin trees.

If by default, leaf and grass patterns are grey, what if the pattern contained colours? Would that colour and the biome colour mix, or would it must be skipped over in the colouring process? Just chequeing.