Archived Bubble Text Idea

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgee

P.I.
Reaction score
Faction
Ireland
Kingdom
Ireland
Roleplay Guilds
Ireland
I've recently been playing other rpg's and in thoses rpg's when a sentance was said text would apear ontop of a players head I just thought it would be better not having to read chat all the time. I've seen plugin's like this, it's possible. Sorry about the poor detail this was said on a phone.​

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Perhaps when you get the chance, if there is a link for the plugin that would be cool! Also, once "More player models mod" allows such, so you can see chat bubbles over certain people's heads.

I think it's a decent idea, but think about Regalia. When a crowd forms, and a million bubbles pop up, how are you supposed to have a conversation with anybody?

I think it's a decent idea, but think about Regalia. When a crowd forms, and a million bubbles pop up, how are you supposed to have a conversation with anybody?

Perhaps there can be a speech bubble AND the words in the vanilla minecraft chat?

Could work, but if everyone has to read chat, why would you have the bubbles in the first place?

-Shudders- No. I've seen how bad this gets and it is horrible I say! Horrible you see-- words and-- BuBBLes! -Starts gibbering insanely-

True.

I like the idea but yes this crowd is a problem and yes there is some chance that the current chat can get to over crowded and your screen may freeze due to the bubbles and other. Having this may block up the PC/laptop you are using causing it to lag on the server and freeze every so often.

I do hate having to see lines in the chat box when like a dozen people.are talking, however I think your should take this up with mojang since this would most likely be client side.

I believe there is a mod that can do that bubbled words for you, it is More Player Models Mod and the Chat Bubbles mod. However, I do not think either of them have updated yet.

Ok, I don't know about plugins, but for those people who want this, there is a client-side mod for it. It is called chat bubbles, it might be updated for 1.6, to is created by the creater of Zan's minimap, which alone makes it awesome, and it itself is pretty awesome. Also, not only does it do these things but something I noticed when I had it, (before everything updated to 1.6 and mods got crazy annoying) is that in Massivecraft, when you send a private message to someone, what you said shows up over their head. But other then that, it does exactly what is suggested here.
I doubt there is or ever can be a plugin for this, but it doesn't matter when there is the mod that does the same thing with more work and irritation on the part of the users.
Yes, it can get crowded in the larger crowds in Regalia, but 1: it does not replace the chat box, and 2: it is still very well manageable. I would know, I managed it.
I hope this answers a lot of peoples questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.