Archived Bringing Back The Welcome, New Player Message

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imboring56

Seasoned Runner
Reaction score
I think that the message saying something along the lines of "Welcome, <New Player>!" should be brought back.

It would help introduce the people to our community and for faction leaders to be able to grow their factions more easily.

Pretty straightforward, feedback is appreciated.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If so, there should be an option to turn it off. The sheer amount of new players now would spam the whole server.

I would like to see a feature where if you are in a faction and you come online it says "<player> Is Online." in faction chat.

I would like to see a feature where if you are in a faction and you come online it says "<player> Is Online." in faction chat.
If that was implemented just to that faction chat for that one faction it might help but there is always /f f that people could just use instead of being lazy and watching the icons pop up for each player online.

Then you'd have to /f f every few minutes or /friend every member, which both get annoying.
Yes, what about every time a member logs on in a very large faction? You'll get a screen spammed full of messages unless most of them are busy, this also applies to the "welcome --- to the server!" That will also become spam.

Yes, what about every time a member logs on in a very large faction? You'll get a screen spammed full of messages unless most of them are busy, this also applies to the "welcome --- to the server!" That will also become spam.

Most factions aren't big enough to have people be able to spam by just logging on or off. Besides I think we have stated that you should be able to toggle it off.

Most factions aren't big enough to have people be able to spam by just logging on or off. Besides I think we have stated that you should be able to toggle it off.
Mm.. Most but not all.. Toggle is fine but it would be more work for the staff, and by all I don't think it will be brought back or even put in.

I like the idea, but I think it was incompatible with sharding, and would require a completely hand coded plugin specifically made for proxy servers. Doesn't seem worth the developing time to me, but who knows maybe cayorion would like to spend a day or two making it.

I think that power-seeking faction leaders would just invite every new player, and susceptible new players would join factions without reviewing them first. This could lead to a dissatisfaction on their part, and a lot of factions getting power really fast. Also, 100 players saying "welcome" to each new player in general chat could get annoying quickly. :D

On the other hand, getting power fast could be a plus, as people can claim and make new neat cities and whatnot faster. It would certainly put off recruiting pressure, which could be a good or a bad thing... Hm. I could go either way on this one.

I like the idea, but I think it was incompatible with sharding, and would require a completely hand coded plugin specifically made for proxy servers. Doesn't seem worth the developing time to me, but who knows maybe cayorion would like to spend a day or two making it.
Not sure to what extent I'd be able to help Cayorion out (school problems as well as the coding knowledge) but I think I can at least try to help him code something new. Maybe on the weekends for me, when I will have nothing that needs me to attend, we can sit in a TS channel and talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.