Archived Brewery Plugin.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimsSebastian17

Undead Tiger Warrior
Reaction score
Faction
Morudias
Since the game universe is set in the medieval period, I believe the addition of a brewery plugin would be appropriate. It would not only create a new activity, but it would generate a whole new beverages market, adding a new, fun way to make money.

This plugins allows the brewing of eight alcoholic beverages by default and more can be added through the configuration files. Depending of the alcoholic level and quality of the beverage brewed, different effects like chat slurring, nausea, puking, and even passing out occur while drinking.

The plugin is fully customizable and can be found in the following link:
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/brewery/

Thanks for taking the time to review this idea,
SimsSebastian17.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I had looked at this plugin based on a forum recommendation a month or 2 ago, and at that time there were still too many issues to consider it's inclusion in MassiveCraft. There was an update a couple of days ago that addressed at least a good number of these issues, so I will reevaluate it's feasibility. I don't remember any comments on the previous thread that weren't in favor of it's inclusion based on what it does.

I had looked at this plugin based on a forum recommendation a month or 2 ago, and at that time there were still too many issues to consider it's inclusion in MassiveCraft. There was an update a couple of days ago that addressed at least a good number of these issues, so I will reevaluate it's feasibility. I don't remember any comments on the previous thread that weren't in favor of it's inclusion based on what it does.
I've had experience with the more recent versions of this plugin and I can say it works flawlessly. Since the removal of the splash beverages bug, it's now not exploitable in any way that would harm the economy or the combat experience.

Everyone seems to be liking the idea, and I can tell you it's as fun as it sounds. Not only that, but the addition of a new market will shuffle things a bit and make economy a bit more interesting.

Last edited:
Please keep us updated on how the plugin evaluation goes. Thanks.

One idea based on this is that:
Could a config file be changed to make the names of the liquors lore compliant.
ie. Ithanian Wine
Elladorian Stout
Farah'deen Sandscotch

just simple names like that instead of their default names...

One idea based on this is that:
Could a config file be changed to make the names of the liquors lore compliant.
ie. Ithanian Wine
Elladorian Stout
Farah'deen Sandscotch

just simple names like that instead of their default names...
Yes, it is possible to rename all the drinks in the config file, as well as add new ones. I will test it out and run it by the lore department before presenting it for inclusion.

Good idea, it'll add more diversity in the game for sure! Nice find! :D

I simply adore this idea- it would add a grand amount of atmosphere in the scene of Regalia; I also feel like there should be a licensing to brew within Regalia- and if you don't have that; and a guard is to find out and search your home and find it; you can get jail time? Just to add to the whole bootlegging idea.

Last edited:
I simply adore this idea- it would add a grand amount of atmosphere in the scene of Regalia; I also feel like there should be a licensing to brew within Regalia- and if you don't have that; and a guard is to find out and search your home and find it; you can get jail time? Just to add t the whole bootlegging idea.

The same could be added to items such as Opium and other possible drugs/medicines

๖ۣۜI don't know if I like this idea or not. Cool, indeed, but slurring of speech, puking...? People bother me a lot with my Snake character's slurred S by calling me annoying, I don't know if people are going to adore this as much wwwhhheeennn peeeooopplleee aaarrreee tttaaalllkkkiiinnnggg llliiikkkeee ttthhhiiisss. And the puking part, I have no idea how that would be possible, but that isn't exactly a very attractive thought... I don't know if I want my role-play to be THAT realistic...

๖ۣۜI don't know if I like this idea or not. Cool, indeed, but slurring of speech, puking...? People bother me a lot with my Snake character's slurred S by calling me annoying, I don't know if people are going to adore this as much wwwhhheeennn peeeooopplleee aaarrreee tttaaalllkkkiiinnnggg llliiikkkeee ttthhhiiisss. And the puking part, I have no idea how that would be possible, but that isn't exactly a very attractive thought... I don't know if I want my role-play to be THAT realistic...
I think that the puking would probably be loosing hunger. That when you "puke" your hunger goes down. Just a thought.

The puking feature of the plugin consists in the visual effect of dropping a good amount of soulsand or any other block specified in the configuration files, don't worry, it's not possible to pick these blocks up. Now, I think I agree with you in the slurring part, I'm sure a lot of people are going to be annoyed by it, but it's really easy to disable in the config files. If not disabled it's possible to tone it down to the point of it not being annoying but still show some signs of drunkenness.

One of the best things about Brewery is that it's really customizable to the point of being able to transform it into something that fits the server perfectly. Also, according to the poll on this thread, a lot of people seem to be happy about a plugin like this one being added. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how people react.

I Rp as a drunk normally and I've been slurring my speech and acting drunk. True, I haven't "vomited" anything up actually, but I for one would be extremely excited to be able to actually make beverages instead of just using the extremely limited supply of them that I have gotten through voting and the one time in the past when we had actual bartenders.

Plus with Anthony Kade in charge of the tavern, and with bartenders actually becoming a thing, it would be more enticing to actually have "Drinks" to enjoy at the tavern.

I Rp as a drunk normally and I've been slurring my speech and acting drunk. True, I haven't "vomited" anything up actually, but I for one would be extremely excited to be able to actually make beverages instead of just using the extremely limited supply of them that I have gotten through voting and the one time in the past when we had actual bartenders.

Plus with Anthony Kade in charge of the tavern, and with bartenders actually becoming a thing, it would be more enticing to actually have "Drinks" to enjoy at the tavern.
I'm really glad that most players agree with me on this plugin. The main point of me posting this thread was because I've seen quite a few taverns and, besides food, there's no real tavern elements available on the server. In my opinion, realism is one of the most important parts of RPing. Thanks for taking the time to reply on this thread.

I love this!! More opportunity for my characters to get into legal trouble :)

If this gets accepted, peeps, including myself, gonna b liek -
homer-woo-hoo.jpg

I simply adore this idea- it would add a grand amount of atmosphere in the scene of Regalia; I also feel like there should be a licensing to brew within Regalia- and if you don't have that; and a guard is to find out and search your home and find it; you can get jail time? Just to add to the whole bootlegging idea.
Love the idea! With this kind of ideas this plugin can become into a fantastic addition to the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.