Breothric

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Optimalfriskies, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Optimalfriskies

Optimalfriskies JayP's buddy

[​IMG]

[ My War] - [ Run Boy Run ] - [ Soldier, Poet, King ]

[Treasured Posessions]
    [​IMG]
    Basic Information
    • Name: Breothric
      • Titles, Etc:
        • Breothric The Brave (from Alban)
        • Imperial Master of Prowess (Formerly)
    • Race: Anglian Ailor
    • Sexuality: Heterosexual
    • Preferred Weapon: Shield, often paired with his longsword.
    • Birthday: March the sixth
    • Husbandry:
      • Domesticated Pet: Kendall Pipa, Aka Frank [Link]
        • Adopted from the eccentric merchant of frogs known only as Pipa Pipa
    [​IMG]
    Skill Information

Skill Proficiencies:
    • Strength: 5 - Blades, Large Blades, Polearms, Flexible, Blunt.
    • Constitution: 4 - Light Shielding, Heavy Shielding, Multi-Shielding, Bruteforce.
    • Wisdom: 0
    • Dexterity: 0
    • Magic: 5 - Space, Storm, Time, Arcane, Healing.
    • Charisma: 0
    Languages
    • Common
    • Anglian
    [​IMG]
    Visual Information
    • Eye Color: Emerald Green.
      • Formerly: Draconic Purple.
    • Hair Color: Faded Brown
    • Hair Style: Messy, half long brown hair.
    • Skin Color: Pale
    • Clothing: Purple and violet tones, tight fitted.
    • Height: 6’1
    [​IMG]
    Personality

Relationships

Friends and Loved ones
    • Alban | "Even if you may never see me as nessecary, I'll be there for you when you need a helping hand."
    • Leufred | "You told me to be better than you were. To fulfill your dream. I will."
    • Wesley | "In a strange sense, I think dying to your blade is the best to ever happend to me."
    • Harlow | "To me, you're invaluable."
    • Ymir | "You only speak when you've something insightful to say - I am thankful for that."
    • Florian | "In my eyes, you're more than your rumors-- You're my friend. I am sorry for abandoning you."
    • Rafael | "The city is safer with you in it. Thank you."
    • Nora | "I hope one day you can see that I do not blame you for anything."
    • Milena | "You've given me so much, and never once asked for anything in return."
    • Coren |Together, buddy. We'll change this blasted world together. I'll follow you to the ends of the realm if it means they'll be safe."
    • Eleonora | "You were right all along. In the future, I'll make sure to listen more carefully."
    • Rue | "You're kinder than most. I hope, when this all blows over, that we can build a close bond."
    • Alcide | "This name stood for so much. The torch is in my hands now, and I promise to not let its flames die out."

Uncertain

• Odette | "I sometimes regret forgetting you."
    • Corathella | "I don't know how to see past your past."
    • Kopec | "I respect your strength, I might even like you one day too."
    • Gwenyth | "You showed me kindness when I was lost, but I know now that I can only repay it by rebelling."
    • Cedromar | "You told me to do a great act in order to pay back the toll of my soul. Is helping freeing the enslaved big enough?
    • Vivienne | "You may not understand my reasons, but everything I do, I do for you and the others."

Disliked

• Zeriel | "You're a monster and a bully. One day, the world will strike you down."
    • Florence | "I will never forgive you for what you did to Alban."
    • Cal | "I just wish you would have died redeemed."
    [​IMG]
    Life Story
    Breothric was born into a middle class family in the borderlands of Axelland. His father was a successful farmer, and owned enough land to afford a healthy and safe lifestyle for his family and him. His mother, a shrewd and clever woman, tragically passed away during labor, and Breothric had to grow up under the care of his grandmother. His early life was defined heavily by the lack of motherly love, and the strict tutelage he received from his father and grandmother. He was trained in the art of Longbow-archery, and in the combative style of the Viridian Knights by his Grandfather, a former Viridian Sergeant who had his career cut short after an archery incident left his knee permanently crippled.

These conditions molded Breothric into a fine swordsman, and a fine candidate for Viridian training, though, his father would not have it that way. He wanted Breothric, as his only son, to become a wealthy and respected state beurocrat. Breothric, on the other hand, had other plans. He had heard tales of the heroics of the Crysant wars, and longed desperately to prove his own mettle in battle as well. He was restless, always waiting for his chance to be great, and that chance would come soon when the Altalar-Regalian war of 305 broke out. He snuck out one day, taking his grandfathers sword and shield, and traveled off to join a Regalian recruitment initiative. Here, he was taught the basics of frontline combat. After he graduated, he got to see action briefly. It was horrendous. He found himself caught inbetween a rock and a hard place, and his beloved horse was slewn. Breothric barely made it out himself alive, though not unharmed.

Upon the war ending, Breothric expected to come home. The tides of war had left him shaken, and he longed to get some peace in the Anglian countryside. This would not be, however, as on his way back from the frontlines, the Anglian Mist crisis began. Breothric was stuck in Regalia, axiously waiting for the mist to subside, and when it did, he took the first ship to his hometown. In truth, he did not know what to expect, but was nonetheless devastated to see that his home had been left in ruins. His father, grandfather and grandmother all lay decomposing within the house, their cause of death unknown. With his last ties to home laying rotting on the kitchen floor, he turned his back on Anglia, and left to join the Army in time to aid them in the Dread Wars.

On the ship out to participate in the capturing of Fort Threlwar, he came to talk with a young man. This man introduced himself as Alban. A spry man who managed to warm himself up to Breothric. They became fast friends and battle brothers, aiding each other in the capturing of the fort. On their off-time, they’d spend leisure time sharing stories, and competing in various leisure-activities (as much as they could manage on the frontlines during wartime, that is). The last time they met would be on the eve before the siege of Merkar’Sahr. Alban was in the reserves, whilst Breothric would be under the command of General von Rahm.

This battle would prove momentous to Breothric. During it, he was captured by fleeing Kathar, and dragged along as a prisoner of war. Quickly dread bound, and forced into manual labour, he was transported deep into the heartlands of the Dread Empire. Tortured and abused by his masters, his mind was broken. His faith in the Imperial throne, and his faith in unionist doctrines was slowly corrupted by his master, a Kathar who found great joy in toying with his Ailor slaves. He quickly took a particular liking to Breothric, and came to bring him in as his favorite slave. In time, Breothric came to enjoy the seductive powers the void offered him, and his faith shifted further and further towards it. In truth, his malleable mind had latched onto this sense of security that the void had brought him during his time of captivity.

With his transformation seemingly complete, his master had Breothric sent on a covert ship to the Isle of Regalia to rendez-vous with the Kaahl there, and aid them in their operations.

After arriving, he quickly found companionship amongst a few of the Sarnai. He found, however, that he was sorely in need of funds. This drove him to commit less than savory acts for coin, one such act would ressult in his life being turned around. One day, when he was particularly down low, he would, out of desperation, attempt to rob a man named Wesley. This robbery escalated, and they came to blows. The fight escalated, and in desperation, Wesley ended up slaying Breothric. Just a few minutes later, he awoke as an Archblood.
    This awakening shook him deep to his core. Thanks to a brief talk with a man named Khaine, and the warmth and acceptance shown to him by figures such as Leufred du Triege and Gwyneth Zylmora in this time of great unstability and confusion in his life, the damage done to him by his Kathar captors was slowly being undone.

It was under the guidance and leadership of Leufred as Breothric's formal education begun. His previous and limited experience with military strategy was bolstered as he was instructed by Leufred in the commanding of men, both on the battlefield, but also off it. Breothric would soowly be molded by this cynical archblood to be the guiding light he can not be, a future successor in his own right.

A brief rebellious period, followed by a period of complicane left Breothric questioning his faith. Though with a newfound belief in the supremacy of the dragons thanks to conversations with his teachers and Raakhr himself, he's ever restless, and yearning for some manner of freedom from his affliction.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 Optimalfriskies, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  2. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Picking up for staff review.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Optimalfriskies

Made some edits homie.

Aged him down to fit his playstyle. Life story adjusted to match this.
    Breothric is an Archblood @Katiesc

#4 Optimalfriskies, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  5. Optimalfriskies

All changes complete! Life story updated to reflect him being aged down, and reflect upon IC events. Won't be any more edits now for a while, promise! @Katiesc

6. Optimalfriskies

Did you get the chance to look it over? @Katiesc

7. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Approved! Sorry for delay.

8. Optimalfriskies

@Katiesc Unassigned some prof points so that he can learn skills IC

9. Optimalfriskies

Breothric's learning journey changelog - @Katiesc
    • Assigned one talent point to Frontline Command thanks to the tutorage he has gained from Leufred x2
    • Assigned one Hobby point to Dancing Art thanks to the tutorage he gained from Odette Cadieux x2

#9 Optimalfriskies, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  10. Optimalfriskies

Updated his prof points, Requesting a new reviewer.

11. Woodwork

Woodwork Suzzies mother

Claimed! I will have a look over it.

12. Woodwork

Woodwork Suzzies mother

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Optimalfriskies

@Woodwork Updated the proficiencies.
    • Removed Glaive Combat
    • Added Ritualism

14. Optimalfriskies

Assigned 3 more talent points into Frontline command, leaving it at 8 following IC events as well as added a few lines to the end of the lifestory explaining them. @Woodwork

#14 Optimalfriskies, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  15. Optimalfriskies

It was hos birthday on the sixth, so he's aged up a year! The new point was placed in two-hand blunt combat for now.

16. Optimalfriskies

@Woodwork Updated his prof points to more fit the combat style I employ with him

17. Optimalfriskies

18. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

@Optimalfriskies I'll be picking this up for review. I feel he's got way too much invested in different weapons (three melee, one ranged, and shielding) so I'll be requiring that at least one is removed - I would recommend removing two, but only requiring one. Tag me once the changes are made :)

19. Optimalfriskies

Two handed Blunt Combat removed. The others remained since they were skills he'd cultivated IC, and were also carry-overs from before the proficiency update. The 6 points previously invested in Extra Heavy remain un-assigned, so they can be learned though IC means.

@Azas

• Like Like x 1
  20. Optimalfriskies

Minor proficiency change @Azas
    • Added statesman schooling and Riding Schooling, it is also reflected in his life story. Changes marked in orange

#20 Optimalfriskies, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
  21. Optimalfriskies

@Azas App updated! Only minor changes though! His life story was updated somewhat to reflect IC changes, He was Void Corrupted too!

22. Optimalfriskies

@Azas updated to fit the new archblood update, no significant changes of note

• Like Like x 1
  23. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

@Optimalfriskies Throwing this back under review for now, requested changes will follow soon

24. Optimalfriskies

Other minor changes! I adjusted his build to not be so cancer, dropping to one melee weapon, one ranged, and shielding. More in line with his Tenpenny education as well. @Azas

25. Optimalfriskies

Yo! Did you get a chance to look it over yet? @Azas

26. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

@Optimalfriskies Please make the following edits and tag me once complete:
    • 51 points is far too much in combat profs, especially with the other 13 spent on combat-adjacent prog profs. I was too lenient with this in the past, so you'll need to reduce these substantially to fill out the character with other meaningful profs rather than being a pure CRP build
    • Breothric should be Non-Dragon Loyal Primal if you want him to be Primal, as past character interactions wouldn't have him under the Primal Loyal umbrella. If that's the goal, he likely can work to that point, but isn't there at present. His life story also gives no real indication of dragon worship, as he goes from being a Unionist to void worship, which it sounds like is only recently been reduced, but not replaced
    • The life story timeline doesn't line up. If the war of 305 is what led to his entry into the Drixon School, he wouldn't have finished until 308

27. Optimalfriskies

The lifestory is a complete mess, but I'll look it over!

28. Optimalfriskies

29. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

@Optimalfriskies Changes look good, still feels a bit too overtuned on the combat profs, so I'd request you either drop another level of shielding and a couple points from blade, or two levels of heavy ranged. Physical stat will need to be updated as well

30. Optimalfriskies

Dropped two levels in ranged, assigned 5 in strength training. @Azas

• Like Like x 1