Archived Bonemeal Nerf Surgestion.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvallon

Arvanion Cyladhras of Avallónë
Reaction score
Ever since the redstone update we experience a reduce of the usage of bonemeal for grow acceleration.
I knowm ost of us have accepted this as it is a vanilla update which also balences some aspect of the game. However i was hoping if one of the aplications could be restored back to wat they used to be.

Instant tree growth. Now i know i can still grow trees intantly, I jsut have to add more bonemeal than usual. But since I did like the big oak trees i have been searching for a way to boost the chance of growing them. Such way i found, however it has becomme inpracticle now. (not telling how i boost it :P) The thing is i used to only recuire a single bonemeal to grow 1 huge tree or wel. any of the extraordinairy oak trees. Now i might have to spend stacks of bonemeal to achive the same.

Since i was looking to grow intire forrests it may help a bit if i could grow more of these trees at less expence. Heres a picture of a group of such trees in my current city.

The reason why i cannot wait till a tree grows at natural speed is due to the extreme long waiting time. When i used to use bonemeal it wouldn't grown instantly i had to use it many times before it actualy grew. (without wasting bonemeal) And you don't always get large trees. sometimes special shaped small trees or medium ones. (just not the normal 4-6 tall trees)(which are most common to grow)

why do i not just build the trees instead of asking to changing a game machanic?
thats because its extremely difficult to copy the dirrect natural feeling a tree gives you when generated, if the tree is to be moved leaves will atleast go away themselves. This will reduce the creation of these kind of forrests from hours down to minutes. Not taking ages to just grow some "large' trees.

I think people can only benefit from it since there arent really any negative effects regarding it, and it will give a little bit more value back to bonemeal. if possible than i would surgest to leave the growth of farm products as they are since those can simply be mass produced if needed :P .

And maybe this will encurage more Yanar and Elves to regrow the worlds natural habitat. (and ofcouce I am an elf >:)) (And ontop of that i reasantly did regrow a 'small tree' forrest in Kelmoria:P )

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
And maybe if you guys like it, you can add a roleplay aspect to it. You can allow it be a perk for elves and yanar since they both seem to have alot to do with nature :)

This sounds good. After all, adding fertiliser to growing crops wouldn't make them grow 5 ft at once, but speed up the growth slightly. However, rich fertilised soil would make a tree grow much faster.

This sounds good. After all, adding fertiliser to growing crops wouldn't make them grow 5 ft at once, but speed up the growth slightly. However, rich fertilised soil would make a tree grow much faster.

um you do know i just asked if they could make trees grow over 20 ft at once right? (please for a more explained context do read my post above if your new to the post ;p )

They should make speed grow soil that looks brown like da watered sow block but with grass :)

I apresiate the surgestion but could we stick to my surgestion please ;3?

If you put a torch withing 2 blocks of the sapling, it will grow on it's own in 5-10 minutes (longer with more lag), provided someone is within 8 chunks. Since you are limiting it's growth options to get a specific kind on tree, this will increase the time, but plant them, do something else, and come back and check them. If you want something a specific way, then you should be willing to put in the time to do it.

Why should tree farms have an advantage over other kinds of farms?

My point is not making tree farms, If i was making those i rathe prefer small trees because those are easier to cut down.

The time that it takes to grow a forrest out of these large type of trees is rather substantial. Not to mention the recuirements needed to boost the effect. Alright I could boost the growing speed a bit. But if i am growing these trees while building a city, Its helpfull they grow as fast as possible so i can either adapt the tree to the structures around, or the other way. You can never predict wat tree you get. And its a miracle that I can atleast keep 3 common forms out of the selection. But the time to make large forrests out of these is long and inpracticle if I am to focus on the details and light passing trough between the trees.
(sometimes it can get verry dark beneath these trees when they grow to close to oneanther)

Besides its not like it hasnt been like this a long time. I am willing to put sifnificant effort into growing forrests where you can actualy walk beneath every tree and have grass and flowers all around you. I am just saying it would help Elves and Yanar do wat they do best sifnificantly.

And no, Its not easy to get a double chest of bones. Especialy with the skeleton spawners nerved. (which actualy doesnt have anything to do with this topic really:P )

The ultimate goal here is to make this job atleast possible. Having to wait till a forrest grows an then remove all the boosting objects.... Wel lets just say It could take months that way if it doesnt already without this surgestion. Imagine regrowing the open plains of Daendroc if you like to get a sence of the scale on which were looking to do this.

Altough i must admit that i have the feeling this is more a personal request than that it will actualy improve something here. seeying that there are only few people who actualy care about the forrest habitat of the worlds. I gues if its accepted it will help alot but... I won't argue if it isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.