Archived Boats-not Vanilla.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Ruby_Warrior

Refugee
Reaction score
Faction
Texo
Kingdom
NA
Roleplay Guilds
Order of the Sunrise
Sailing boats. No, not the vanilla boats you right click and lag in, the ones you build and sail proudly about the seas. I have always wanted this plugin to be added since I've seen it, it will make building on the sea not so smart, and having a navy is suddenly important. This will go great with the cannons plugin, and I believe this plugin would be avalible to anyone, not just the premiums, if it was a premium only, this would defeat the main reason I think this should be added, for traveling. It would be so much easier than swimming around with a full inventory, because I do believe you can put chests on these boats. It is also more effective for PVP, because if your sailing around, a pirate can come and board your ship. Same applies for RP, if someone claims they are a pirate In RP, they can litterly be a pirate, or a merchant, or anything else naval. I would love for this to be added, and thanks for reading this. Go ahead and vote on the poll, it will help a lot. Leave a comment below for reasons why or why not if you wish.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This will most likely not be added as it would require an external mod, or a plugin, all of which are incredibly laggy and inpracticle.

Not supporting the idea even though I always kinda wanted to become a pirate...

I believe this concept has been presented to staff many times but rejected as it always involved things which would cause large amounts of lag, and as it always involved a client side mod which players would have to install in order to be able to play.

Massivecraft is very much against forcing players to download client-side mods, which is why any client side mods the server supports currently (like More Player Models), still enables players to play the game as well as anyone else whether or not they have the mod.

and to go further with this, how would it work with faction and masssive restore?
I don't see what Factions or MassiveRestore has to do with this at all....
Except for when you might sail your boat into another faction claim. I would guess to keep your boat safe, keep it docked in your faction claim, or another's (possibly an ally).

@Ruby_Warrior Maybe go look for a plugin that does this and link it? Check to make sure it's updated to at least 1.7.9, and looks nice and well maintained. Even attempt to try it on a local host server if you know how to set one up for yourself.

If you find one you think /might/ work, forward a link to me in a private conversation.

No guarantee it'll get implemented though. I know that most of these types of plugins are very clunky and cause more lag than they are worth on large servers.