Blessings For The Last Bastions (all Religions)

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by LadyLekku, Oct 12, 2021.

1. LadyLekku

LadyLekku Fiber Viber Supremium

A bustle happens around the Northlake Stronghold. Before the final call of brave heroes to muster forces and charge into their last hoo-rah, small gatherings seem to be forming. People of all faiths begin to cluster, with religious leaders offering final blessings, words of comfort, and prayers alongside their fellow faithfuls.

What is this?

The final events for the closing of this arc will involve player characters in forum posts pushing their goals. Since the timing on that can be funky, I thought I'd do this in a forum style so that the time can be vague and we can assume that everything happens right before the forum post rp is said to happen.

For the sake of this rp, all events happen right before people prepare to head out for the forum posts.

If you are a religious leader

Post your sermon or prayers or encouraging words, and what you're willing to do. Put RELIGIOUS LEADER: [RELIGION] in your post, so people know to tag you.

If you are a faithful who wants to be blessed

Tag the person you want a blessing from, and make a brief post about yourself.

Example:

Leader:
    [RELIGIOUS LEADER: Unionism]
    Celate Leader Josiah makes his way to the small white tent before the palisades. Any who pass by begin to hear his words of faith. "Today, we are all Regalian. We have been blessed with mercy, witness to miracles, in the name of God Empress Ness and her holy will. Let us all be brother and sister today, while we make our last stands against the tyranny of evil. Come forth my friends, and les us pray for Ness's mercy upon you."

Faithful:
    Mary-Luanne Greensfield steps up to the Unionist Celate @(Insert name), looking down at her broadsword. She's anxious, but she's inspired by their words. She takes a knee before the celate. "I do not know if I am strong enough to face these demons. Can you pray over me?"

Leader:
    Celate Josiah places his hands on the fighter's shoulders. "Abandon your fears, pious lady. Rise, with fervor. You will triumph in the name of Ness." Using Spiritual Will 1, a swirl of golden butterflies encircle Mary-Luanne in a halo of glimmering light, before the lights drop one by one into her sword. The swing rings with a soft sound like crystal clinking, before all is quiet again, and anxious souls are settled. @(Insert Name)

Note: No benefits or systemic numerical changes are happening in this rp. It's just to be sure that religious characters who want a little piety in their lives can have it, without worrying about the timeframe of tracking people down before the forum posts.

All posts in this thread are ic and further rp can be initiated in game. Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.

RELIGIOUS LEADER ROSTER:

Valsung Sivrid Sorenvik - Old Gods (@MrsCripple)​

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  2. LadyLekku

[RELIGIOUS LEADER: Old Gods]

Valsung Sivrid Sorenvik is, once more, placed before a modest campfire just within the palisades. Her humble offerings have grown bleaker in the weeks of this encampment, but even in this time of hardhip, offerings are made. A woven mat has been placed before the fire- a makeshift altar, upon which sit her sacrifices. A lush boquet of roses, lilacs, and fresh herbs, tied together and arranged with poise. The skeleton of a snake has been carved and painted with blue colored runes, and arranged meticulously in order, from head to tail, with two polished black stones on either side of its head to represent its eyes. A bottle of vodka has been made into a lamp, as the vapors burn slowly, and an ancient axe sits horizontally beside it. Lastly, a large bowl is lit aflame, as page upon page upon page of transcribed words curl up in the fire, turning the parchment to ash.

"The Gods walk among us today. We are their will," her words rang out to any pagans who gathered before the fire, "We are the hearts of Lensa and Ellmår, fighting for what we hold precious, and reclaiming the righteousness of our city. We are the eyes of Alu and the Masked God, casting judgment upon the wicked and the damned. We are the hands of Basjtur and Maersjel, fighting, giving all that we have, to end the suffering and the turmoil of this calamity. And we are the force of Julvira and Handrin, guided with wisdom and yearning to see order restored to the Isle." As she spoke, her hands rose, and the fire behind her did as well [Spiritual Will 1].

"Come forth, your weapons bared. Come forth with faces serene and hearts devoted. Wear proudly the runes of your Gods, and be the instrument of their will. For the sake of your lives, your family's lives- to fight, knowing you are not alone."

Any who came forward could have the option of having runic facepaint added to their skin in shades of blue and indigo pigment. Weapons could be blessed, with glowing insignia of the Gods or word of strength, using [Holy Crafts]. All one need to is ask, and present themselves or their gear. ​

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. SleepyIsVerySlep

SleepyIsVerySlep Socialite Doctor

Doctor Lily Janssen was the first to step up to the Valsung (@MrsCripple ) as they had discussed such an arrangement earlier. The woman's hair was back in a tight Velheim braid, keeping loose locks out of her face. The hand-me-down chainmail clinked as she approached and bowed her head, offering up her bearded Laqoria axe. "I'd have asked you to do my Shield as well, but I think the Union of Fire is already protecting me through it."

4. LadyLekku

Sivrid first took Lily's hands. The Doctor would see a familiar glow- because she had bared these marks before. A pair of eyes, which matched the ones painted on her statue of Lensa. Only this time, each eye was encircled with a band of chains. She spoke to the Velheimer in Skodje.

"May your hands be wielders of flame, against the darkness," she prayed, before releasing her. The glowing subsided, resulting in a blue pigment that remained in place on her hands. She took up her axe, then. "You are a mender, a healer, a doctor, and a lover. Let this be a time when your healing hands are granted strength to rend and cleave. To fight, with all the passion in your heart, and return to loving arms once again." As she spoke, a long, spectral chain began to wrap around the handle of her axe. Slowly it grew closer and closer to the wood, until its pattern, too, was etched into the wood. She offered the axe back to Lily, and finally smiled to her. "May the Gods observe and guard you, Lily Janssen."

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

[RELIGIOUS LEADER: Dogmatic Unionism]
    Dogmatic Celate Atum Morathes stands at the head of the Temple tent. Looking upon the congregation as he began a stirring song, a war tune modified from hymnals and Unionist composers to work on the guitar. The asha's tail stood tall as he raised himself to the highest he could, "Today I call unionists to war. For the first time in my Cellacy it has come time to set down the hand of peace and don the gauntlets of war.”

He takes out the incense burner lighting it. Swinging it from his tail as he went person to person. Delivering a blessing upon each.

“God Emperor Vess commands us to end tyranny and restore the righteous, God Emperor Allest bond us in Brotherhood to our Emperor, and God Empress Elia challenges us to strike true. We shall cast down these false Beings, these demons who play at divinity!

We shall cast them down and cure them, and for those who can’t be cured their case shall be heard in the hereafter. Let the Everwatcher judge them either in mortal court or in divine realm!!”

He raises a hand forming a blade from his living metal carved with unionist symbols. As with one swipe he breaks the black chain above the altar.

“The first chain is broken let us set forth to shatter the rest. Then in the aftermath reforge our empire in freedom for all people and in strength through our unity!!”

“Blessed be all who serve this Empire and may our actions attest to the sacrifice of those who lost their lives. May we make them proud as they watch from the Great Staircase and cheer us on to VICTORY!”

With that the blessing completed as with one final flare the incense burner was doused. As the war began!

• Winner Winner x 2
    #5 bwmwags3, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  6. Bensonio

Bensonio Nordskag Enthusiast

Leopold von Schwarzkrau paces up to the altar, fully clad in his gilded steel plate armour upon which intricate prayers and Unionist symbols are gilded in gold. His blacksteel mace was left resting outside the makeshift chapel's entrance, a meagre token of respect for laws since swept aside during this anarchic interval in Regalia's history. Each step is accompanied by the rasping scrape of metal against metal, and a final rattle of chainmail as the Villiers Knight knelt before the Celate.

He awaited the Asha's blessing with eagerness and his head bowed to the floor, familiarising himself with the all-too-familiar scent of holy incense that permeated the tent. With one hand resting upon his knee and the other clasping his token Unionist Eye pendant, the man was ready for the chaos to come.

[ @bwmwags3 ]

7. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

The asha looks down that same soft smile on his face. Even in the midst of chaos the Asha seemed determine to remain bright.

“Lord Leopold von Schwarzkrau, I bless you in the light of the Everwatcher. Stand tall beside your Villers brethren and in these brief moments forget all difference with them. Remember we’re all unionists that on this day we act as champions of God Emperor Allest and his Imperial Holiness.”

He gently assists motions a assisting celate to bring the holy knight’s mace to the altar.

“Since we can not use a separate temple we shall dedicate this temple tent, even for a time, to God Emperor Allestz. Let us perform the blessed rites as if we stood within the great Temple of Allest.”

He douses a rag in stout drink as a assisting Celate brings in the Villers mace. Which was then wrapped carefully in the doused rag.

“I beseech you great Allest, Champion, Conqueror, Undefeated Emperor. As you once blessed yourself and your drink, may this brew bless this mace and its wielder with that same triumph and celebration. May they become a true champion of Unionism.”

He prays, unwrapping the mace and washing it with hallowed water. Before having the mace gently returned to its former resting place.

Atum looked down to the Lord.

“Forget all that would hold you back Lord Leopold von Schwarzkrau. Today you shall be fighting not for yourself but for our Empire. Free yourself from doubt, from hesitation, and from fear for I and all who assemble within this city or Aloria will stand beside you in this divine task.

May he watch over you, May Allest make you a Champion.”

• Winner Winner x 1
    #7 bwmwags3, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  8. Hautee

Hautee average LoL player

Vivienne av Haagensen walked over to the campfire where the Valsung (@MrsCripple ) was at, clad in her Archblood armor, her violet cape fluttering with the gentle breeze that flew by. Her armor clanked as she approached, her shield strapped to her arm while her longsword remained in its scabbard. The Archblood unsheathes her longsword before handing it over to the Valsung. "Archduchess Sorenvik, I ask that you bless my sword and give it light."

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  9. LadyLekku

Sivrid took the sword into her hand, and looked over the blade with care. For a moment, her eyes closed, as she willed through pious fervor that her words to Vivienne would strike true. When her eyes opened again, it was as if the words had come to mind through holy guidance. She spoke in Skodje.

"Your sword shall carry your will, Elmark," she said, quoting the name often given to warriors of Ellmår. She took Vivienne's hand, and held it with her own over the grip of the blade. Unfurling from their grasp, a pair of owl wings unfolded, casting radiant golden light. "Go with the strength of Ellmår, and the ferocity of Basjtur. Let the Gods witness you, and embolden your blade, and your spirit, Vivienne av Haagensen." When she removed her hand from the blade, leaving it once more within Vivienne's grasp, she moved her hand over the woman's eyes. Her thumb and forefinger touched just above her blonde brow, and carried with them the mark of the owl wings. When the glow subsided, a painted impression of the wings remained, in a deep color that matched her tattoos. From brow to cheek, the feathered patterns would be her warpaint.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  10. mcmann

mcmann Resident Foxgirl

Sekhet sheepishly approached the Valsung ( @MrsCripple ), not unsheathing her Eastern blade.

"Your Serene Grace, I don't know how to do this- but I ask that you extend the blessings of the Gods to me. That, should my blade have its use in these coming days, it should be guided."

Finally, she pulled the blade from its scabbard, the curved blade shifting itself upright in the Feka's hands as she presented it forth. She offered a smile, before speaking.

"We've all got this."

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #10 mcmann, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  11. LadyLekku

For Sekhet, Siv placed a hand on her should, bypassing the sword for now. She gave it a little squeeze, accompanied by a familiar, soft smile. "Your optimism is a gift," she mused, before going back into serious mode. Her hand moved over the sword, hovering over its curve, as she took an unrushed moment to think over her prayer for the Asha.

"Wandering child of Julvira, your brightness is a radiant dawn upon darkened lands," she spoke. As her words came, the blade beneath her hand began to glow with an orange glimmer. "Let your presence be a force of such brightness, that goodness and mercy can once again be our way of life." As the glow subsided, an impression was left. It formed a small collection of stars, like one might see on a navigator's maps. And, with a press of her thumb, a blue star was painted onto Sekhet's forehead. "Let your light be a guide to others, Matsuii Sekhet."

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  12. Dodink

Dodink You Know

Tim Borros walked towards the Lord-Celate Morathes in the alter, clad in ramshackle armor and bright pink robes with his trusty greatsword and various pendants and medallions dedicated to the Unionist faith (though distinctly lacking the Villiers-Eclaire sigil ring), and knelt downwards. Offering a quiet prayer to the entire Unionist Pantheon before following the example of Lord Leopold and awaiting the instruction of the Lord-Celate. Tim had full confidence he'd survive the battle, he was just unsure if he'd survive it in one peace.

@bwmwags3

13. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

The celate takes the great sword repeating the process as he did for the von Schwarzkrau.

“Mr. Borros, you have had a long road to get here. A long road across your faith, your life some forget the purpose of suffering and struggle is to forge better people. It is a test from the Everwatcher, yet we can never forget it is also a test from Vess to bring joy and hope to the hopeless.

We shall never reject you Mr. Borros even in those moments you believe yourself unworthy, unlovable, broken you /must/ remember you are part of this faith, this brotherhood, this family of faithful. Vess shall always be there to brighten you, to seek to lift you from your darkest depths.

You are a true unionist, you have shown to me a true kind of faith beyond platitudes and cheers of glory. You act for the faith and seek its promotion above all.”

He allowed the incense to surround the knight for a moment.

“We all falter Mr. Borros what matters is that we rise again. Even if we don’t believe ourselves stronger moving forward and rising again is strength enough. Now go forth and walk in the light let the flowers bloom and remind you you’re never alone.”