Better In Red

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Somwhere, in the quiet confines of the city...

An Altalar, sits quietly by the water. Once again, reflecting upon the struggles of the day. The day a dark Raven's wings sought to soar and corrupt over the Holy City of Regalia. With each small wave of rain, the man processes the pain he had felt. Reminding himself of the good he had done.

Soon,
a familiar shadow, stalks by to interrupt the fragile peace. Resting against the trunk of some dead tree, he taunts the Altalar with pride and all too familiar smile, imprinted on an ivory white mask.

"She certainly looked better in red..." The dark one sneered, almost disappointingly. A shadowy blade in his hands, brandishing the tip that had the smallest drop of fresh blood upon its arcane metal. "Too bad the Ravenlord's curse is- to put it bluntly. A crude mockery of the real gift."

The Altalar turns and immediately unleashes a might torrent of magic directed towards their voice, to which they evade just barely. The shadow glances upwards, squinting expectantly.

"Awfully eager this time around, brother. Did I strike a nerve?"

"YOU BROUGHT UPON THIS, DIDN'T YOU!?" The usually composed man immediately brought to rage by his dark counterpart's words. "How much more are you going to do to her!? TO THEM?! Why do you feel the need to do- ANY of this!?"

The shadow laughs off the comments, crossing their arms. "Bold of you assume this was any of my doing. .. No, this was all Erwin's choice.

But I think I've made it clear enough, brother. What my intentions are. You've already more than caught on by now. ... Soon, it will be all over."

They approach the Altalar with the utmost confidence. Foreign markings littering their arms. glowing through their clothes.

"The new Ravenlord's chaos was just the beginning.

Soon, everything you care about... everything you cherish.

I'll take it all away. Like a petal in the wind.

And there is /nothing/ you can do to stop me."

And for a moment, there is only a angered scream and the sound of lightning crashing into the earth itself. All that remained was the crater the Altalar had created with his radiant magic. And the faint outline of where the shadow once stood. Escaping into the night once more.

"... I will stop you, brother.

I will."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••