Archived Be Nice To The Lilypads While Also Making Them Stop Being Mean To Us

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Get rid of all lilypads please. They are just pains in the ass. In Regalia (at least) you always get stuck on them and can't move. So please just remove these portals to hell.

EDIT: Just pray to the lilypads and give them peace offerings and everything will be okay, my dudes.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
dc2f06ea815f283db2ed0966a1f81ad8.png

I feel that this issue arose during the allowance of minecraft versions below 1.9 and eventually 1.10
As you can see, lily-pads had their heights and hitboxes changed in the snapshot versions, and it seems now they are 3/32 blocks tall. Back in 1.8, they were 1/64.
This change is my reasoning behind why lily-pads became the bane of the server. While it is great that PvPers can use 1.8 versions, the change consequently made lily-pads terrible.

I'm pretty sure this is a client version issue, as server hopping on some 1.8 servers and jumping on glass panes and lily-pads gave me the same results.

@Cayorion are there any ideas on what could be done to fix the block height issue of lily-pads?

dc2f06ea815f283db2ed0966a1f81ad8.png

I feel that this issue arose during the allowance of minecraft versions below 1.9 and eventually 1.10
As you can see, lily-pads had their heights and hitboxes changed in the snapshot versions, and it seems now they are 3/32 blocks tall. Back in 1.8, they were 1/64.
This change is my reasoning behind why lily-pads became the bane of the server. While it is great that PvPers can use 1.8 versions, the change consequently made lily-pads terrible.

I'm pretty sure this is a client version issue, as server hopping on some 1.8 servers and jumping on glass panes and lily-pads gave me the same results.

@Cayorion are there any ideas on what could be done to fix the block height issue of lily-pads?
There's not really any way to change the height of a block, unless it's possible with a ton of protocol hacking, which I guarantee cayorion will not do to fix a problem like this (it's a really hard and complicated process)(I'm also not even remotely familiar with the process, so I don't know if it would even be possible). It might be possible to do something like teleport people if they're on top of a lily pad, but I have no idea about the practicality of that.

It is probably a little harder to just get rid of all the lily pads than just using worldedit or something, it would probably require some kind of tech implementation in order to go through and get rid of all of them.

As for getting rid of the 1.8/1.9 compatibility with massive to fix this, I really, really don't think that removing compatibility with old versions is worth it. As annoying as it might be, older versions are probably a lot more wide-spread than just being used by pvpers, ie players who don't know how to update/whatever, and would be rather confused.

If it's a bug with one of massive's plugins, cay probably knows about it and is working on it. If it's a bug with spigot/bungeecord/not massive, cay probably knows about it and is working on it. xP

I've never gotten stuck on a lilypad, I'm running 1.10 with forge optifine better foilage and MPM. I don't know what those who do get stuck have, but I presume they are stuck on 1.9.4 or something. Just update. ProtocolLib is nice, but it may not exist on the server forever, especially with 1.11 around the corner.

I've never gotten stuck on a lilypad, I'm running 1.10 with forge optifine better foilage and MPM. I don't know what those who do get stuck have, but I presume they are stuck on 1.9.4 or something. Just update. ProtocolLib is nice, but it may not exist on the server forever, especially with 1.11 around the corner.
I have 1.10 and mpm 1.9.4. No optifine or better foliage, so maybe those fix it?

the genocide of lilypads is a sound solution, but is it right morally?

lilypads may not be sentient in any way, shape, or form, but deep down I know they have some concern over their annihilation, and we as humane sheeple should respect this.

the genocide of lilypads is a sound solution, but is it right morally?

lilypads may not be sentient in any way, shape, or form, but deep down I know they have some concern over their annihilation, and we as humane sheeple should respect this.
We can relocate the lilypads, I suppose. But it's difficult to even touch them without dying, so we will have to use works and diplomatic means to convince them to leave and go live in unpopulated regions.

We can relocate the lilypads, I suppose. But it's difficult to even touch them without dying, so we will have to use works and diplomatic means to convince them to leave and go live in unpopulated regions.
perhaps instead of moving the lilypads, we could move the bodies of water they occupy

why are lilypads so evil
I personally feel that it is not evil intent that has been shown to us, but instead it is nervous indifference. For who are we to them but mobile annoyances, always doomed to hop upon their unfeeling heads.

If we could just forge a single connection, we could come to a agreement that would be most beneficial to both sides, for neither we nor they shall stand for the unfeeling injustice of the other. Do you not agree?

Iv had issues with them numerously too, I was stuck in one in the sewers for 20 mins a week ago or so, on 1.10 unmodded.

Status
Not open for further replies.