Augustin Villeneuve Reinard

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Eronoc, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Basic Information
    Name: Augustin Villeneuve Reinard
    Race: Heartland Ceardian/Burdigala Ailor - Akkadian Lineage
    Sexuality: Has a Wife
    Preferred Weapon: Dragenthal Blade and Main Gauche

[​IMG]

"Revere Divinity; watch over humanity. Our lives are short.

The rewards of our existence here are an unstained character, unselfish acts, and participation in the Harmony."

[​IMG]
    Skill Information
    Proficiency Points: 50 Core Points, 10 Hobby Points
    • 15 Writing Art (+10 Hobby, +5 Akkadian Boost)
    • 12 Arcanology
      • Artifact Knowledge
      • Ward Knowledge
      • Essence Knowledge
      • Archblood Knowledge
      • Arken Knowledge (Honed Skill I)
    • 9 Schooling
      • Statesman (Regalian Statesman Academy)
      • Espionage (Regalian Informational Academy)
      • Archaeology (Imperial Regalian Archaeology Academy)
    • 6 Roguery Abilities
      • Rogue Gift 4
      • Honed Skill 4
    • 5 Sword Combat
    • 4 Pathfinding Art
    • 4 Dagger Combat
    • 3 Instrument Art
    • 3 Drawing Art
    • 3 Languages
      • Anglian Language
    • 1 Dancing Art
    Body Shape
    • Physical Stat: 5 Sword Combat + 4 Dagger Combat + 4 Pathfinding Art (x0.5) = 11 Body Stat
    • Body Shape: Toned
    • Body Fat: Extreme Low Body Fat
    Languages
    • Common (Learned in childhood)
    • Burdigalic (Learned from mother)
    • Regalisch (Learned from father)
    • Anglian (Languages Investment)
    Special Traits/Spells/Mutations
    • Vampirism - Alais Bloodline (Suspended due to Curing)
    • Augustin is from an old Dragenthaler aristocratic family.
    • Augustin's father was a close-mouthed man, who said little of his associates and connections. He was forgotten by many and close to few, but some of the people he knew deviated widely from the norm, and were particularly notable in their oddities.
    • Augustin's mother, Domitille de Villeneuve, is a Burdigala aristocrat. She had a very strong influence in his upbringing, so despite his patrilineal New Regalian stock he bears an Burdigalic name, as well as his mother's maiden name for his second name. Through her, Augustin has ties to Ithanian houses such as Valeur.

[​IMG]
    Visual Information
    • Eye Color: Dark Blue
    • Hair Color: Dark Brown
    • Hair Style: Long and loose
    • Skin Color: Fair
    • Clothing: Noble clothing, but seldom in the current fashion. Often red and adorned with white fur.
    • Height: 5'10
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Personality and Abilities
    • Alignment
      • Neutral Good
    • Personality Type
      • INFP-A - The Mediator
    • Religion
      • Doctrine of the One (10/10) - Augustin's studies have left him with an unorthodox, but fervently-believed, spirituality. He sees the organization of the several Planes as a "unity" that must result from a single source which exists above any one Plane. The character calls this source the Supreme Divinity (viewing other "divinities" as real but lower on the hierarchy). This personal faith is highly versatile in its view of other religions, but nevertheless encompasses Augustin's spiritual efforts and beliefs.
      • Unionism (6/10) - The opening of Unionism to extrapolated and alternate views has made Augustin reconsider his faith in it, as what was once a personal fringe idea about Unionist reality can now be considered its own orthodoxy.
      • Dragon Dogma (5/10) - As Augustin has learned more about Dragons, what were once suspicions have been confirmed; he recognizes that Dragons are divine, even if not Ultimate Divinity.
    Life Story
    Born the heir of the Reinard family, Augustin has lived a relatively easy, leisurely life. His family was founded centuries ago when a certain Imperial adviser was granted a parcel of land near the Dark Wald and for his long service. Groomed from a young age to run the family estate located in southern Dragenthal, Augustin's father and mentors successfully instilled a sense of responsibility and familial duty in him. As a child and young adult he took to intellectual pursuits easily, absorbing books on the Arcane, Philosophy, Religion, History, and more for much of his life. However, despite being academically-inclined, Augustin was not terribly beloved by many of his tutors. He was a rather self-isolating adolescent, contradicting his tutors - when he showed up at all - and preferring to take his learning into his own hands, often fleeing the estate and hiding in the nearby wilderness glades of Baurith.

As Augustin grew, the size of his world grew with him. His father sometimes took him on business to the politics of the Holy City, where Augustin watched from afar and came to understand the practicalities of that occupation. He began to involve himself in societies at home and abroad, often being accepted as a brief guest at institutions of learning- academies, semenaries, and perhaps the occasional occult organization. At each turn, he gained further knowledge and experience in those subjects he was drawn to- eventually engaging in the Arcane, Occult, and Spiritual arts quite seriously. In his early teens he began a formal education at the various Academies in the Archipelago relevant to his eventual leadership of the House and Manor.

Some seven years ago Augustin's father died, and he inherited his estates at twenty-two, having ruled them since. Besides his new duties, Augustin conducted himself in much the same manner as he had before. His affinity for learning never wavered, and much of his time is spent in research, contemplation, and writing. He coalesced his spirituality and philosophy that had been developing since childhood, taking heavy influence from pre-Unionist ideas that his long-lifed family had quietly preserved. In 305 AC, spurred on by a desire to do more with his ideals than simply sit idly, he undertook a small hiatus from his estate to travel to the city and study many subjects in greater detail.

Upon his arrival, however, he found himself more concerned with perceived injustices and corruption in the Holy City. Despite his natural distaste for politics, he began to involve himself in the political life. The hiatus became a residence, and soon Augustin was - to his chagrin - tied up in the city. He experienced many of the oddities of city-life, all the while climbing the political ranks to eventual Dukedom and a brief stint as the first Minister of Scholars, along with some more clandestine activities of an official capacity. After a brief hiatus from politics and the city to study several subjects - especially the dragons and their temples which made themselves known during his time as Minister - he returned with an increased vigour to achieve the aims he left behind. The twists of fate have since made him a lord in Anglia, with a noble, Hoglander wife - Novellia av Fristadvlom - by his side. From here, the future is open to possibility.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 Eronoc, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  2. Rochelle_

Rochelle_ not-so-hidden dragon

Claimed for review!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Great! Thanks a lot.

4. Rochelle_

Review time!
    • Nobility is not a special permission and should be removed
    • Try to keep it to only two skill schools, I don't care which you remove but please remove one
    • In his life story (it's written beautifully, by the way) it should be specified what age he joined which schools, where he attended them, when he finished his schooling and at what age he did so.
    • Without an approved noble family you cannot claim to be a noble in an app, only a wealthy commoner, keep that in mind!
    Make all edits in a different color and tag me once done!

5. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Alrighty, I only changed a few things. Not sure how to denote that I removed stuff, but I also took away all explicit mentions of nobility, except for the case of his mother because it ties him into an agreement with another player and is possible without Augustin being considered noble himself - just a few black sheep married lower than their status. If I am accepted for nobility, I suppose I can add those references back in?

#5 Eronoc, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  6. Rochelle_

Yes of course!

7. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Great! In that case I think it's done. Thanks, by the way - you complimented my writing and I forgot to say anything back. .-.

8. Rochelle_

Sorry for not noticing this in your initial review but your talents need to be three sentences at least!

9. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

No problem! Done.

10. Rochelle_

Great, Approved!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Changed "Devereux" to "Levesque", as I was unaware the name had already been in use. I'm planning on making a few slight changes and additions, and will mention when they occur.

#11 Eronoc, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  12. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Rochelle_
    Added an already extant trait and changed one to better represent how he was played. Added an aspect to the main ambition. Added languages, more cultural background to better represent family, and a more recent paragraph in life story. All changes made in red.

I don't believe these changes require a re-review, as they are simply slight things that do not change anything significant, but I figured I would, again, notify you.

13. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Rochelle_ Added the "School of Statesmanship, Discipline of Realm Statesmanship". This, I believe, necessitates a re-review. As far as I understand what I read, and heard from others, this does not cut down the ability to have other schooling. However, if it does, I'll simply be removing History.

14. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Rochelle_ Wondering if I fell through the cracks.

15. Rochelle_

AHHH IM SORRY, I'll get on it ASAP, thank you for the bump!

16. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

No problem! I actually forgot about it too.

17. Rochelle_

Review time! (Better late than never?)
    • The schools of Statesmenship and Alchemy should be listed as talents
    • Learning Alchemy should also start at fourteen!
    • Statesmenship also cannot be learned before fourteen, please specify this in the life story!
    Make all edits in a new color and tag me once you're done!

18. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Rochelle_ Done!

Changed what you required, and moved one talent to the more informal Abilities section. I shortened him an inch and lowered his body-type to better reflect his lifestyle. I also changed a bit of minor wording.

19. Rochelle_

Alright! So I'm doing a re-review of the talents because something just didn't seem right. His first three talents can all be conveyed within his personality paragraph, and I feel they should be removed. The second weakness isn't truly a weakness and should also be altered. Sorry for any inconvenience!

#19 Rochelle_, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  20. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Rochelle_ Sorry it took so long! But I finally went and removed the first two. I really do think the first accurately conveys a talent as it's meant to be, as it's a specific cultivated skill as opposed to a natural ability or personality trait. If you disagree, I can still remove that as well.

21. Rochelle_

Approved!

22. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Bumping this, as I've updated the App under the new system.

23. Rochelle_

• Approved!

24. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Rochelle_

Updated the sheet to suit the proficiency and format changes.

#24 Eronoc, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  25. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

26. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Caelamus Hello! Updated the profs to the new system. Would you mind reviewing them?

27. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

@Eronoc Literary Arts no longer gives a body type boost of +.5, as that is now attributed to Theatre Arts. Change this and all should be ready for approval.

• Winner Winner x 2
  28. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Ohp! Missed that, my bad. Made the necessary change.

29. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

• Winner Winner x 2
  30. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Changed proficiencies to reflect the removal of Arkenism, replacing it with Artifactism.

#30 Eronoc, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  31. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Sub-culture altered from Ithanian to Burdigala, as Burdigala encompasses what his Ithanian background had always intended to be.

32. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Rochelle_ Minor proficiency update to include the addition of Hobby Points.

33. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Rochelle_ I've depreciated Alchemy and redistributed the points to other sensible places, and would appreciate a re-review.

34. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Rochelle_ Tagging just in case, as I've been told I should. Progressions soon, too.

35. Caelamus

Hello! I will be picking up this app to fill in. Expect a response soon! @Eronoc

36. Caelamus

37. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

38. Caelamus

39. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Reshuffled four points due to system update requiring only 3 points per Society Knowledge.

40. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Caelamus Updated as per the newest proficiency rework. Tweaked the Life Story somewhat to better clarify why he has certain proficiencies. I have intentionally left 3 points unused.