Astera Il'deae

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by svnflower, Mar 10, 2017.

1. svnflower

svnflower living embodiment of uwu

[​IMG]
    Name: Astera “Aster” Il’Deae

Race: Yanar (Altalar Seedling)

Main Ambition: To educate others on plants and their usages.

✿✿✿

Eye Color: Pinkish-brown

Hair Color: Moss green

Hairstyle: Very long and wavy

Skin Color: Pear green

Clothing: A light brown long dress with a long white apron and brownish-gray flats. Usually wearing flowers in some way or another.

Height: 5’2”

Body Build: Skinny

Weapon of Choice: Never fights, but will use plants to her advantage if she must.

✿✿✿

• Facial Features: Due to her being a Yanar, Astera’s facial shape is naturally androgynous, but has a touch of roundness for femininity. To increase her femininity, she wears her hair long and adorns it with flowers. Her pinkish-brown eyes are of a doe-eyed shape with long, dark green lashes. As is for all Yanars, her brows are entirely made up of small leaves. She has no scars nor freckles, but often has little smudges of dirt on her pale green skin from being outside majority of the time. Her lips are small in length but moderately plump in width and have a darker green coloration than her skin. Much like an elve’s, her ears are long and come to a point, but droop downward a slight bit. As she is a generally a joyous soul, she’s usually seen smiling or neutral but leaning toward positive. Her forehead is of average side, but it is covered by her long bangs.
    • Body Features: Astera has a petite frame with the natural curve of a feminine body. Her feet and hands are small but not necessarily weak due to her constant walking and work with rough vegetation. In place of body hair, small leaf-patches and sometimes even itsy-bitsy flowers will grow on her body.
    • Voice: Her voice is higher and subsequently grows higher the more excited she gets. When she’s at peak happiness, her voice cracks and squeaks often. In addition, the speed of her voice increases whenever she rambles, which is often, and when she becomes overjoyed. When she is nervous, anxious, or crying, she tends to pick up a mild stutter.
    IMG_20170309_201140.jpg
    ✿✿✿

Personality Traits:

• Optimistic (+)- Astera is very optimistic and makes it a goal of hers to always look on the bright side of life. Her hopes and dreams for the future are all positive, and she faces any adversity with a smile on her face. Her mother was the main influence for this, as her mother was just the same. Astera always admired her mother’s ability to carry on despite their family hardships, so she adopted that trait from her.
    • Generous (+)- Astera learned from a young age that lack of generosity in a person can form them into a cruel and self-centered being. She’s disgusted by the thought of not sharing things and helping those in need. Thus, she is always willing to give what she can to help others in need.
    • Compassionate (+)- Astera cares for others greatly; she cares for their health, their education, their well-being, and them all-around. Her compassion for the education of others is what led her to begin her wandering journey in the first place. Her mother’s compassion for her influenced her to become just as compassionate and to more people than just any children she might have. Overall, she is compassionate in the work she does for beings and plants alike.
    • Pushover (-)- If you command it, Astera will most likely do it. Her least favorite word is ‘no,’ which leads her to have poor confrontation and denial skills. This leads her to being easily commanded and manipulated by anybody who chooses to control her. Astera’s pushover nature ties in with her altruism.
    • Altruistic (-)- Though altruism is often seen as a positive trait, Astera has let her altruism go a bit too far. She barely values her life, deeming others well-being more important than her own. Even in the simplest of mishaps, she would risk her life just to protect the other people. Astera’s altruism ties in with her pushover nature.
    • Sensitive (-)- Astera simply cannot handle being insulted, even if it’s the tiniest insult possible. Her emotions are just as fragile as herself. Despite her optimism, she is known to cry when heavily insulted or teased. Her upbringing in a strictly positive and kind household led to her emotional sensitivity.
    ✿✿✿

Strengths:

• Creative- If she’s ever stuck in a pickle, Astera will find some creative way to get herself out. Her creativity aids her in both simple tasks and difficult journeys. Most of her creativity was influenced from her upbringing in a poor family where they had to make the best of what they had.
    • Vast Plant Knowledge- Being a Yanar, it’s natural for her to have knowledge of plants. She devoted herself to the care and knowledge of plants ever since she was old enough to make sensible decisions. Her mother taught her most of what she knows, but she learned some of it from books and other Yanar.
    • Intelligent- Astera is book-smart and enjoys being educated and education. Her intelligence is sufficient and her teaching abilities just the same. She educated herself and thus can educate others very well.
    ✿✿✿

Weaknesses:

• Physically Weak- Astera has no strength whatsoever. This is due to her Yanarian beliefs of pacifism. If she were ever to be forced into a situation where she had to fight, she’d be pummeled to the ground immediately.
    • Clumsy- Astera’s footing is subpar. She is often too busy talking or off in la-la land to notice simple things in front of her, such as tree roots and even walls sometimes. In some cases, her clumsiness can be such an obstacle that it can cause injury to herself or others.
    • Naive- Astera’s naivety is due to her optimism. She looks for the best in others and believes they are good and innocent until proven guilty. This can lead her to be gullible and believe anything told to her by anyone.
    ✿✿✿

Life Story:

Astera Il’Deae was adopted as a seedling to a happily married mother and being lacking gender, both Yanars. Her mother was Gelia Il’Deae, a kind, nurturing woman who strived to raise Astera into a kind woman. Gelia was the main positive influence for Astera throughout her life and many of Gelia’s traits can be seen in Astera. Her other parental unit, Trilalin Il’Deae, was a humble fruit merchant. They were often at work during Astera’s youth, but that was only so they could earn money to even afford to raise Astera. Though Trilalin and Astera didn’t have much time together, she still misses them dearly after their passing. They were murdered during a raid on all the street merchants in the market area.

Gelia and Trilalin raised Astera within a particularly poor area of Daenshore. Yanar discrimination was high in Daenshore, so the Il’Deaes weren’t gifted with a perfect life. Trilalin’s fruit-selling brought in a good amount of income for the family, but the secret breadwinner was Gelia’s late-night profession: prostitution. It wasn’t uncommon for female-identifying Yanar to be prostitutes, and she was no exception. She tried her hardest to keep it a secret from Astera so she wouldn’t follow in her footsteps, but she was bound to find out someday. And so she did, when she was 15, but ensured her mother that she still respected and loved her and wouldn’t follow in her footsteps.

Thus, when Astera turned 18, she began her journey to educate others on plants and their uses. She had fallen in love with plants and every usage of them and began studying it as soon as she’d learned to read. She bid her mother goodbye and traveled to a nearby town to advertise her plant lessons. To her naive surprise, though, she discovered that nobody for miles was interested. She earned no money for weeks and slept outside within the forests until she realized she had to take up a new career until she could find pupils. Taking inspiration from her parental unit Trilalin, she became a street-merchant, selling beautiful, hand-grown flowers. This earned her enough to travel town to town continuing this profession while remaining in search of pupils. To this day, she still wanders town to town, selling her flowers and hopefully her plant-related lessons.

[​IMG]

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #1 svnflower, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  2. TrashCanFicus

TrashCanFicus Kathar Queen

When your Yanar's match.

Btw, This is a /really/ goo character app. Very descriptive and well written.

3. svnflower

thank you! i was worried this would seem super nooby in comparison to other apps but this boosted my confidence lots. ❤

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  4. AlysaPotato

AlysaPotato Daensquad

OO I love this! Btw, can I borrow that flower art on the bottom for one of my character apps?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. svnflower

absolutely! it's not mine anywho, good ol' google images.

6. Xersai

Xersai Aeternian Revenant

I won't peer review this simply because I think that it is well written and formatted and that I don't havr that much experience in the Yanar race. Other than that well done!

7. taintedly

taintedly juggalo

omg she's the same height as ruri and me irl welcome to the short club

Also I looked this over and the only issue I could find was that you didn't list a seedling type. Those can be found here- https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Yanar#Subraces
    Other than that, this is really well written! Nice job!

8. Doc_Cantankerous

Doc_Cantankerous Second Foundationer

Calling dibs! Expect a review soonish.

Edit:
    I just read over it, and wow this is a great app. I cannot find anything wrong with it. Approved, and I really hope our character's paths cross at some point.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #8 Doc_Cantankerous, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  9. svnflower

woah oh my gosh thank you so much?? this is my first ever character app i cannot believe this omg. hopefully someday we will! my pms are always open ;^o

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  10. Miss_Confined

Miss_Confined ❤ Confy ❤ - Mrs. Massivecraft

Astera is the sweetest yanar bab

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1