Arthas - Volume 1

Discussion in 'Faction Announcements' started by Sevak, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Sevak

Sevak King of Deldrimor

~Characters~
    Sevak Visarion, King of Deldrimor and Lord Paramount of the Dominion, (dead) - Sevak
    Robert Connington, General of the Dominion, 45- Sevak
    Vordigan Visarion, Lord of Arthas, 38 - Sunsh1ne901
    Brandyn Reaver, Spymaster of Arthas, 40 - Shaneski
    John Garrick, Lord Commander of Arthas' Land Forces, 33 - Drewrat24
    William Compton, Captain of the Castle Guard, 48 - Waminer
    Wan, Former Captain of the Castle Guard, Adviser to the Lord of Arthas, 52 - Wannag
    Yol, High Priest, 57 - Yoloorange
    Ridgethon Foxworth, King's Guard to Sevak Visarion, 23 - ridgefox
    John Peckerton, Squire of Arthas, 14 - Lumbo

~Back Story~
    Sevak Visarion, ruler of the Deldrimorian Dominion has been found dead under mysterious circumstances. Across the lands of the Dominion, castles and fortresses have been in a state of chaos, assigning new leaders among smaller regions. All potential heirs to throne had been previously killed in battle. At the stronghold of Arthas, original home of Sevak and the Visarion family, the elder priest, Yol has declared an election for a new King of the Dominion, to salvage what's left of the proud empire, and to face this new, enigmatic, threat head on.

~Lore~
    “It’s been nearly fourteen years since the rebellion against Magnanimus. Arthas only commanded a force of 6,000 men. We brought in 3,000 from Sunkiss, 500 from Cressida. 1,000 soldiers and 200 ships from Atheria. It was a stupid rebellion. We won that war because of Liath. Their forces doubled our men and evened the playing field. If it wasn’t for them my brother would have led the Kingdom of Arthas into a premature end.” Lord Vordigan Visarion roared to the whole dining hall. “King Sevak is dead now... the Dominion is over. The Deldrimorian Dwarves have retreated back to the mountains. 20,000 marched home, refusing to follow a new human King. The citadel is held by one of his generals and the few hundred men they had left. They’ll abandon it at the first sight of a siege, if anyone would dare go that deep into the desert. We are all that remains of Arthas. For fourteen years we have held this great fortress, while my brother raised armies and won glory, we remained here, told to wait patiently as we listened to the tales of better men. I want more for us. I am the last remaining member of the Visarion family, the family that has commanded this castle for centuries, and I lay my claim to the Throne of Arthas.” The crowd cheered, soldiers rose from their seats and raised their swords to the ceiling.

“And how do you plan to do that?” Lord Brandyn Reaver interrupted. “How many men do we have in the castle, my Lord?”

Vordigan sank into his seat. “150, last we counted, Lord Reaver.”

“Lord Visarion wishes to take the rest of us, and make sure we’re finished off by the first opponent we see. You’re a soldier, not a leader,” spoke Reaver.

“And what does that make you?” Vordigan replied.

“I commanded our spy network during the rebellion. I’ve managed the coin and made sure our men have been fed for the past fourteen years. Those who stuck around despite the lack of a commander with any sort of direction at least.” Vordigan stood up to object, but Reaver continued to speak. “I may not have a fancy name like you, Lord Visarion, but I am a Lord. And I may not be a renowned warrior, but I did fight in the rebellion, I bled to end the tyranny of Magnanimus. I am Brandyn Reaver, and I lay my claim to the Throne of Arthas.”

Once again, men cheered, the same men who had raised their swords for Vordigan raised them for Brandyn Reaver.

Yol stood up, an elderly man with darker skin, wearing a white robe. “Reaver is not right... if we are to be a Kingdom, we must be ruled by a Visarion.”

“The purpose of this assembly is to make sure we pick the right leader. We must forget the old ways for a time, priest.” Lord Jon Garrick spoke, sternly in the direction of the old man. “It’s time to vote.”

“Not until I’ve spoken.” A tall man rose in the back of the hall, with a thick beard and greying hair. He was a stranger to most here.

“Lord Connington... we welcome you back to Arthas. We were not expecting you here this evening,” said Lord Garrick.

Wan arose from his seat, another elderly man. “Sit down foreign scum. The King of Arthas must be from Arthas.”

“I'm afraid it's in your best interest if I continue speaking, Wan. I could not send word of my travel, men baring the red, gold and grey of Deldrimor aren’t a welcome sight right now. Broken men are being hunted all across the country.”

“Hunted... by whom?” asked Yol.

“By the very beings that killed our King. That is why I have come here. I offer to you all something that no one else can. I know what killed the King of Deldrimor,” Connington spoke, now sharing the attention in the room with no other. “A shadow.”

The room fell silent, aside from Vordigan Visarion, who fell back in his seat with laughter.

“You speak of magic?” Vordigan asked, trying to keep a straight face.

“Laugh if you will, Lord Vordigan, this plague comes for all of us, unless we gather to stop it. I’ve sent a word for help to the Lords of Essalonia. I can rally 4,000 men still loyal to your brother who will gladly fight for this cause. I fought in the rebellion, but I did not stop there. I served as a general through wars with Afrovia, Sunkiss, Tyberia, Insani, Valyria, all in Deldrimor’s name. I led us to victory in the Crisis of Kings. I am Robert Connington. I claim the Throne of Arthas.”

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Sevak, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  2. _Vidaar

_Vidaar Holy Emperor of Gryph

T'was a fun read, looking forward to more.

3. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

cringy

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

Wan Ker

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

William Arnyn would stare at the announcement of King Sevak's death.

"Robert Connington? Any boy-whore with a sword could kill three Robert Conningtons."

• Like Like x 1
  6. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Nice ending and wordplay!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Nitesho

Nitesho Hard truths cut both ways.

I rose too high, loved too hard, dared too much. I tried to grasp a star, overreached, and fell.

8. Sevak

Sevak King of Deldrimor

If I may, nephew, I encountered a situation with one of my lieutenants at the Stone Mill which may have some bearing.

9. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Itch my beard and eat the dead skin

10. Morbytogan

Morbytogan King of Desolation, Emperor of the Isolated Empire Supremium

I liked it until you named loads of factions without naming Desolation or Morudias how cringe

11. wttn1c

wttn1c Original Leader of Intenius

you're cringy