Archived Armour Weight N' Stuff.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

funkyadhesive

The Shaman
Reaction score
Heyder

I had the idea of adding this plugin:
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/morephysics/
For the sake of making PVP more interesting and whatnot.
Seeing as this is very easily customisable, should a certain feature be deemed unworthy it can simply be turned off.
I personally think the piston and boatsinking mechanics are a bit stupid (no-one wants almost destroyed boats all over the ocean floor), but the armour weight and realistic arrows seem like a great idea to me. :)

Feedback time...

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well i played with a mod called "mine fantasy". It added in armor weight and such. It absolutely sucks. Armor weight makes every task so much harder. From simple walking to raiding a base. It might sound interesting but not worth it.

I don't know if it's the griefing potential of pistons, or the fact that anyone armoured walks like they've been hit with a slowness potion, but something tells me this is a bad idea.

I think it would be cool to reduce run-speed based on the level of armor you're wearing. Diamond being sturdiest but slowest, etc.

I personally would like an In-House plugin for Armor/Weapons Ratings that tweaks all of them so that each type of armor gives people perks based on the specific armor. (EX: Leather gives nightvision and hides your nametag (if possible) would be good for a Scout type fighter)

However, an In-House version of just a weight plugin would be nice as well :)

I personally would like an In-House plugin for Armor/Weapons Ratings that tweaks all of them so that each type of armor gives people perks based on the specific armor. (EX: Leather gives nightvision and hides your nametag (if possible) would be good for a Scout type fighter)

However, an In-House version of just a weight plugin would be nice as well :)
I have toyed around with a plugin that gives specific attributes to certain armor sets. It is quite fun but probably wouldnt be balanced enough. The leather armor gave you insane speed and gold had crazy jump height. But if that could be balanced out it would be quite fun.

I have toyed around with a plugin that gives specific attributes to certain armor sets. It is quite fun but probably wouldnt be balanced enough. The leather armor gave you insane speed and gold had crazy jump height. But if that could be balanced out it would be quite fun.

Well, I would think the basic traits would be:

Leather - Speed or Nametag Hide (so people can't see you as easily)
Chain Mail - Increased Dodge Chance
Iron - Increased Resistance to Swords/Axes
Gold - Increased Resistance to Burning(Everyone) and Sunlight(Vamps)
Diamond - Screw diamond, it's beast already!

Well, I would think the basic traits would be:

Leather - Speed or Nametag Hide (so people can't see you as easily)
Chain Mail - Increased Dodge Chance
Iron - Increased Resistance to Swords/Axes
Gold - Increased Resistance to Burning(Everyone) and Sunlight(Vamps)
Diamond - Screw diamond, it's beast already!
That seems pretty balanced except the speed buff shouldn't be that great. Also diamond could have a buff such as temporary water breathing that way it really gives a buff thats not that needed anyway but is still fun to toy with.

I completely agree, the name says mcmmo, most, if not all mmo's have a balance defense/offense system, meaning that you cant be a total tank and at the same time one shot everything, you gotta choose between being the glass cannon mage/ninja or the tank warrior, I think this would be a very good feature, and it would give the already underpowered unarmed skill a new use, as the people who use the unarmed skill also rarely use armor.

Raids would also be altered, you would have to send in your leather/nothing scouts armed with swords first, then send in your diamond tanks, you could not simply arm everyone with god armor and speed potions and then instakill everything while taking almost no damage yourself.

Also no armor must have top speed, as you are not wearing any armor, did anyone here ever try wearing leather armor IRL? its not like a leather jacket or something, its thick and heavy.

It would make me very happy to see this implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.