Archived Armor Effects (not Just Another 'nurf Diam Armr Ploxxx' Thread)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderer1210

Leaving Massive, bye. AND SHUT IT YOU
Reaction score
Faction
IronLegion, for now.
Now, I know that a thousand 'Armor Weights' threads have been set up and then rejected, but I'm pretty sure that I've come up with nicely balanced, fair suggestion that won't be immediately shot down by PvPers, and encourages finding out which armor you fight best with, rather than just getting god armor and only ever using that.

So, all tiers of armor would slightly reduce speed based on their defense, but also reduce the ammount of knockback recieved by a larger amount. This way, a fighter in full diamond armor will still be able to push forward, while still moving a little slower than someone wearing leather or chainmail.

I was thinking it could be a little bit like this:
(Without any armor affecting perks)
Full Diamond Armor = -20% Movement Speed, +25% Knockback Resistance,
(-25% Archery Accuracy and Damage?)
(Yes, I am aware that in real life, diamond is lighter than iron, but really, in Minecraft it's much better for enchantments and much more durable, so it should be a little bit heavier. Also, 5% slower isn't really much of a difference.)

Full Iron Armor = -15% Movement Speed, +20% Knockback Resistance,
(-25% Archery Accuracy and Damage?)

Full Gold Armor = -5% Movement Speed, 0% Knockback Resistance
(Yes, Gold is heavier than Iron or Diamond, but it's not really fighting armor anyway, so there's no need to put huge penalties on wearing it. Also, in the texture pack it is more like gilded iron armor than actual gold armor.)

Full Chainmail = -10% Movement Speed, +15% Knockback Resistance
(-5/-10% Archery Accuracy and Damage?)(Archery penalties not as necessary on this as on heavier sets)

Full Leather = -5% Movement Speed, +8% Knockback Resistance

(Of course, the penalties would be spread out inequally between the individual peices of armor.)

Also, there would have to be perks such as:

Trained = -25% Speed Penalty for Diamond, Iron and Chainmail armor (Medium Level Perk)(As in,

Full Diamond is 15% Penalty, not -5% Penalty)

Confident = +20% Knockback Resistance while still, if player has been standing still for 4 seconds or more, StrengthI effect is given for 1.5 seconds. (Low to Medium Level Perk)

Driven = +5% Knockback Resistance while moving (Stacks with any armor) (Low Level Perk)

Unstoppable = +60% Knockback Resistance while moving (Over-rides Armor Knockback Resistance while in effect) (Very High Level Perk) (Incompatible with Immovable*)

Immovable = +100% Knockback Resistance while standing still (Very High Level Perk) (*See above)

Nimble = -20 Penalty for Leather and Chainmail armor. (Low Level perk, compatible with Trained but won't stack with it.) (Note that as Leather and Chainmail armors have low penalties, this will only have minimal effects.)

I decided not to actually put the Trait system point values, as I do not know how valuable the points will be.

Also, possibly, it could be set up so that walking through grass gives Slowness I, but leather boots negate that, and people walking through it regularly will break it anyway. Also make it so that grass can only be cut with shears (Still able to break the block under it) to discourage just cutting down all of the grass infront of you. Not so sure about this idea, might have been better for a seperate suggestion.

Feel free to say why you like or dislike this or add any related suggestions, but I put some effort into this, so please don't just leave a dislike and then dismiss it, and be reasonable about why you don't like it.

EDITS:
Nerfed the Knockback on the Dia, still better than everything else though

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Oooh. I like this. I'll give my opinion soon but I need to go for a bit.

Alright. So this would get people to wear different types of armour which is a pretty good thing. And it has some great perks. But some RPers might find the small slowness boost a bit annoying. Like imagine the Crimsons or Guard having to try run after some criminals or vampires. Meh. It's a good idea and I like it but it has a few down sides.

Diamond has the lowest chance of getting good enchants, you'd be better off enchanting iron gear if you're looking for the god enchants themselves. Diamond is just more protective. While in the way of a good system, this sounds promising enough--- Its bad for Massive. The PVP community is already dealing with enough re-balancing as it is, we dont need another monkey wrench thrown in the mix. I think that the way the system is now is good enough, although in the future a system based off of this would be very cool to see implemented, right now we need to focus on making pvp with MCMMO more balanced for the community (Although I think its just fine the way it is, especially with the new balances, people still have issues, and its best that we fix the problems we have before we add anything new into the mix.)

We need this. This is beautiful.

Diamond has the lowest chance of getting good enchants, you'd be better off enchanting iron gear if you're looking for the god enchants themselves. Diamond is just more protective. While in the way of a good system, this sounds promising enough--- Its bad for Massive. The PVP community is already dealing with enough re-balancing as it is, we dont need another monkey wrench thrown in the mix. I think that the way the system is now is good enough, although in the future a system based off of this would be very cool to see implemented, right now we need to focus on making pvp with MCMMO more balanced for the community (Although I think its just fine the way it is, especially with the new balances, people still have issues, and its best that we fix the problems we have before we add anything new into the mix.)
I think you are misinformed, check the minecraft wiki for enchanting mechanics (Not just the enchanting page, it's a related page that goes into more detail), it goes
Material Armour enchantability | Sword/Tool enchantability​
Wood N/A | 15​
Leather 15 | N/A
Stone N/A | 5​
Iron 9 | 14​
Chain 12 | N/A​
Diamond 10 | 10​
Gold 25 | 22​
Iron does have better enchants for tools, but diamond is better for armour.

Edit: I tried to make it a bit more readable, wasn't working sorry.

I think you are misinformed, check the minecraft wiki for enchanting mechanics (Not just the enchanting page, it's a related page that goes into more detail), it goes
Material Armour enchantability Sword/Tool enchantability
Wood N/A 15
Leather 15 N/A
Stone N/A 5
Iron 9 14
Chain 12 N/A
Diamond 10 10
Gold 25 22
Iron does have better enchants for tools, but diamond is better for armour.

Hmm, thats weird. Its always easier to get a demigod set of armor then to get a god set. But even so, its one level of enchantability, and considering everyone can wear diamond now, the biggest reason for a nerf like this is gone.

Hmm, thats weird. Its always easier to get a demigod set of armor then to get a god set. But even so, its one level of enchantability, and considering everyone can wear diamond now, the biggest reason for a nerf like this is gone.
Well, it's not really a nerf, since someone charging in full diamond against KB I sticks is acctualy going to go faster than someone in lighter armor. It means that while diamond is still better in general, leather armor is acctually a little bit useful. Also, everyone being able to use it is arguably a bigger reason for it to be nerfed, as long as it's not a huge nerf, which this isn't.

I really do not like this idea. PvP is already very short as is WITH God Armor. The only thing that would happen is that people would start you using massive amounts of pearls and many more speed potions. Overall, it would only change PvP for those who do not have the 'equipment' to fight, and more annoying for those who have worked for items like god armor and use it in PvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.