« Aridai Darietheck »

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by sensiblegh0st, Aug 16, 2020.

1. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

[​IMG]

───── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────
    [​IMG]
    「May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground.」
    Carry On || fun.

BASIC INFORMATION
    • « FULL NAME » Aridai Saiph Darietheck​
      • « NICKNAMES » Ari, Blueberry Boy/Pie/Muffin/etc.​
    • « RACE » Half-Maquixtl, Half-Qadir
    • « AGE » 29 y.o.
    • « GENDER » Nonbinary (they/he)
    • « SEXUALITY » Asexual / Homoromantic​
    • « OCCULT » Exist Mage
    • « ON THEIR PERSONS »​
      • Varying amounts of loose coins stuffed into their pockets; usually around 10-15 regals at any given time.​
      • A few keys strung on to a leather cord.​
      • A necklace, made with blue beads that have swirls of orange inside of them. Priceless.​
    • « IN THEIR BAG »​
      • The bag itself is well-crafted, made simply out of brown leather. Aridai has decorated it with various trinkets over the past few months.​
      • A small but sturdy box containing a first aid kit; basic stitching supplies, bandages, clean cloth, medical alcohol, etc.​
      • More loose coins, with the value being significantly more at around 20-30 regals.​
      • A leather-bound notebook, as well as a charcoal pencil to write in it. It seems to be written in quite often.​
      • A bracelet made of various colorful beads. It isn't worn anymore. Not yet.​
    • « AT THEIR HOME »​
      • A hand-carved wooden lute with a leather strap embroidered with blue flowers. Sometimes, they carry this on them.​
      • An older messenger bag, covered in scrapes and patches from being used often.​
      • Another lute, clearly more worn by time, with a simple engraving on the back. "For our little songbird. Love, Mom and Dad."​
      • A small canvas bag, packed with emergency supplies, in case Aridai needs to take off suddenly.​
      • Sadiq - Aridai's best friend and constant companion since childhood, who also happens to be a sheep. A very fluffy sheep.
      • Sir Fancypants / Palace - A scruffy brown tabby cat that mysteriously showed up at Aridai's home one day, and sort of just never left. Palace is very obviously a former street cat, covered in scars and nicks from various fights, but is still very friendly, and loves visitors.
      • Geckofred - A small gecko which was gifted to them by Leufred du Triege as a Wintertide present. He stays in a terrarium on Aridai's ship, and Aridai is very protective over him, given that he was being held unofficially hostage by the Athanasia Scion for some time.

CORE CONCEPT
    Having experienced a large number of changes in their life, Aridai is now a sailor and sorcerer, attempting to amend their past mistakes and grow from the circumstances that brought them where they are now.​
    [​IMG]
    「And I'll go to work, and I'll go to sleep, and I'll love the littler things.」
    A Burning Hill || Mitski

SKILL INFORMATION
    • « STRENGTH: 0 »
    • « CONSTITUTION: 1 »
      • Debuff Endurance Pack
    • « ARCANE: 7 »
      • Radiant Revive
      • Radiant Feather
      • Radiant Relocate
      • Radiant Shield
      • Chem Cleanse Pack
      • Technique Parry Pack
      • Chem Slip Pack
    • « WISDOM: 6 »
      • Enchant Shift Pack
      • Enchant Bolts Pack
      • Enchant Oceana Pack
      • Exorcism Pack
    • « DEXTERITY: 0 »
    • « FAITH: 0 »
    LANGUAGES
    • Common (learned during childhood)​
    • Zahram (taught by parents)​
    • Saan (taught by parents)​
    [​IMG]
    「Say you're open through tears and trembling. / It's a major step, it's okay to fret.」
    BREAKFAST || half·alive

VISUAL INFORMATION
    • Aridai has no mutations or obvious abnormalities to their appearance.​
    • Aridai has sandstone-colored eyes, dark brown hair, and medium brown skin with vitiligo, with a lithe and androgynous build.​

[​IMG]
    「Lay my curses all to rest. / Make a mercy out of me.」
    Curses || The Crane Wives

LIFE STORY
    • Aridai was born in an isolated village in Farah'deen to a Qadir father and a Xieloth Maquixtl mother.
    • During their adolescence, Aridai studied medicine with their father and magic with their mother, and spent their free time exploring and watching over their younger siblings.
    • When Aridai was older, just before they were to leave for university, war hit their small village, and they (along with their parents) were killed. However, they were revived as a Witchblood (later an Archblood). They set off to their university, now set to study this new affliction they had been saved by.
    • After studying in a Teled Methen library for several years, Aridai departed for Regalia for more answers, where they would face many trials and tribulations, eventually departing. While gone, their Archbloodism dissipated, and now, they return to see how the city has changed.
    [​IMG]
    「Love, let my anger turn into peace. / Love, let the doves cry out in the street.」
    Free || Mother Mother
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───​
    EXTRAS: UNDER CONSTRUCTION​
    Organized from newest to oldest, vaguely. Their design has changed multiple times. Credit below each piece if I didn't make it.

[​IMG]
    Ari's most recent design! They're pretty happy :D
    [​IMG]
    ADORABLE sketch by @MeatJellyyy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Very, VERY adorable former design by @Hutydan

[​IMG]
    Professional meme work by @Aibori

[​IMG]
    Other character (Nihe) belongs to @FutureTeller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wonderful birthday gift made by @FutureTeller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CW: Flashing images, glitch effects, eye trauma.

I've made a lot of these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A collection of Ari losing their mind in various flavors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 sensiblegh0st, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
  2. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Approved.

3. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Nesstro obligatory prof update. Changes made in red.

4. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Approved.

5. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Nesstro switched out sailing arts with theater arts, along with some other small edits.

6. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

• Please state their gender, as it is listed nowhere in your Basic Information.
    • Your character is only 42 (47 Core Points), but you have spent a full 50 Core Points in your Proficiencies. Please recalculate how much you've spent and on what, and be sure to update the Physical Stat accordingly.
    Tag me once the edits are done @sensiblegh0st

7. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@HydraLana My bad! Didn't realize there were so many issues with it, but I'm glad I got them fixed now. I bumped perception back up to 10 (as I still had three talent points left over), and removed 3 points from linguistics, removing Dragon Script as a known language. Plus added his gender.

8. HydraLana

9. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@HydraLana Changed special traits / abilities to include Racial Abilities because of the Altalar update :)

10. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@HydraLana after discussing it with some folks I've decided to retcon Tyrian's race to make him be a Cielothar. Honestly it just fits him much better, and he barely (if ever) used his racial abilities from being an Altalar, so it shouldn't be too jarring of a change. I also swapped some languages around and made a veeeeery small edit to his backstory so that it makes more sense (as well as fixing an inaccuracy I had regarding Archblood lore, oops). Edits made in red!

11. HydraLana

Re-Approved.

12. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@HydraLana Reworked my prof spread both because I needed to diversify it and because I realized that Cielothar don't age that slowly and I needed to age him way down. Which I also did. Changes made in red

13. Mollymock

Mollymock Regalian Citizen

14. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Allocated three of the points I had set aside to arcanology with the curing knowledge pack! I still have four points saved, but I'll deal with those later. Changes made in red

15. Mollymock

16. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock

So! Major update, which is fairly obvious. Changes that are important to the app being re-reviewed: changed preferred weapon to shortsword, split up the 2 points he had in perception training to vocal singing and string instruments (making those both 5), allocated those final 4 leftover points to sword combat, updated his phys. stat to reflect changes and fix a discrepancy I had with the calculations, added exist + pagan mutations (which he received from a player character ritualist ICly), and specified his allegiance under his Archblood abilities. All of those MANY changes are in red. Sorry in advance for the aesthetics.

#16 sensiblegh0st, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  17. Mollymock

18. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Did a bit of a backstory overhaul-- the main points of the backstory didn't change, but I fleshed out a lot of the details, so I figured I should play it safe and get it re-approved. I also added the optional Archblood mutation with the tail. Changes made in green. Also, about a week ago, my "approved" tag just spontaneously disappeared and my app had no tag on it at all, so I figured this would also fix that issue.

19. Mollymock

20. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Switched out Alt-Regalian with Modern Altalar for Linguistics-- thought it made more sense given the backstory update. Change made in green.

21. Mollymock

22. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Shuffled around some points to add baking and cooking art due to IC learning/study, and adjusted the phys. stat to match the new profs. Changes made in green.

23. Mollymock

These profs are too stacked towards excelling in CRP (cooking roleplay), but in this case, I'll allow it tentatively. Please be aware that if the amount of baking gets too out of hand, you may be asked to lower these proficiencies so that they aren't unmatchable in a cook off.

24. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Obligatory prof. update. Changes made in green.

25. Mollymock

26. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Since Ari is getting mundane-ified soon, I decided to just go ahead and put down what spell he'll have for his Lightblooded racial once he's mundane again, and marked the racial as INACTIVE for the time being. Singular change marked in green. (EDIT: He got the anti-Archblood stuff, Lightblooded is now marked as ACTIVE, as well as a few aesthetic changes!)

#26 sensiblegh0st, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
  27. Mollymock

28. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock *sigh* Aridai got infected with the Wyrden bloodline. I added a section denoting the abilities as well as a vampiric form, assuming that he's not cured before the three days are up (I'll just delete that section if that does happen). Changes marked in green.

29. river_essence

river_essence It's morbin' time.

30. Mollymock

Approved

31. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Big changes-- finally made Aridai a half-Qadir, half-Cielothar like I've been wanting to for months. Went based on the new half-races page, let me know if I did anything wrong. Changed some visual info stuff per the change. Also messed with his profs. in prep for him to probably stop being an Archblood for a longer period of time, and da new clockwork update. Magic time. Changes made in green!

#31 sensiblegh0st, May 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  32. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Giving this a bump since it's been longer than a week!

33. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Sorry to tag again, but I edited even more, so I figured I should just make a whole new comment. Updated racials based on the new system, as Ari is half-Qadir now. Put some stuff into sorcery, some other stuff into Clockwork. Changes made in green. ^^

34. Mollymock

Approved! Apologies for the delay. Was holding off on revieweing until the update was pushed to release.

35. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Updated as per medical training update. Changes made in green!

36. Mollymock

37. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock I promised myself I would bring Aridai back for an encore once the update was out, so here I am. Prof. update Aridai. They're significantly different. I removed some fluff. Also, I am HOPING it's okay to tag you since I know you're still staff (says it on your forums profile) but if I am wrong in this, feel free to yell at me (nicely).

38. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED

39. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Yurs Updated to new profs/system, changes made in blue. Please ignore the formatting issues, I fucked it up by accident and don't know how to fix it :')

40. gnomery

gnomery avery, local they/themmie

Hi, here's my review:
    • Half-races take the eye color of their dominant parent, small thing but they could have mutated sandstone-colored eyes instead. Maquixtl have blue, green, or brown eyes.
    • Maquixtl get the pet husbandry pack for free as a result of their Homehappy special, but you can invest in it to get two pets. Not a required edit, but you're free to spend another point and specify that your Pet Husbandry pack is from Maquixtl racial specials if you only want one pet out and about in rp.
    • Describe the Altered Self form gained from Illusionism under your appearance information.