Answered - Writing Lore

Discussion in 'Help Central' started by SirePyro, Nov 30, 2018.

1. SirePyro

SirePyro First Officer of the Scarlet Company

So, I had a few questions about writing lore. I realize that there is a Lore Q & A, but I read the description of that and given that it seemed to concern official lore and my question regards player-made lore, I felt here made more sense... Correct me if I'm wrong, though. Most of these will probably sound a little silly or even outright stupid to the more experienced players, but here goes:

• When one writes lore(and I mean relatively extensive lore), where would you post that? Or even would you? Like for example, I started writing some stories that were originally intended to be the background and setup for faction roleplay of my old faction. I have started to get into them, and I was curious if I could post them on the forums to get some feedback. I've read some fantasy-type stories from a couple players, but those were only from CoN battles, so I'm pretty unclear on where this would all stand
    • Must any lore stories I write/post be lore compliant, even if I only post them for fun and not necessarily intend to roleplay with them?
    • And finally, is there a starting point for starting lore, a sort of shallow end? I hope that makes sense.

2. Legoclub22

Legoclub22 Cyclically Inactive

General section works fine for it if you're looking for opinions on it. If it's specifically for your Faction, post a Faction page in Faction Recruitment that tells all about your Faction if you want. If it's more just a thing that matters to your members or friends, put it on a Google Doc or something, and just link it in whatever Faction groups you may have.

You can write pretty much whatever you want about your Faction, since they aren't required to follow the Lore(Unless you're in CoN.)
    You only have to be compliant with the strict lore on the Wiki if you intend to use or reference the lore in Regalia, like how CoN can be.

If you're looking for where to start on your lore, perhaps the Massivecraft Wiki is a good starting point. It has extensive lore on Aloria, the world which Factions and Roleplay take place in. Read up on things like Essalonia, Races, Organizations, History, etc. Whatever you're interested in reading up on, it's probably on the Wiki.

You don't have to be compliant with anything on the Wiki, the canon, for Factions. You may decide to create your own custom Race, Faction History, Magic, whatever you want.

Anything I didn't answer?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. SirePyro

No, that was pretty helpful. I really appreciate the help! Is there a way to mark the thread as Answered or something?

4. Legoclub22

Legoclub22 Cyclically Inactive

If you'd like, you can edit the title and add a "- Answered" to it.

5. SirePyro

Okay, thanks!