Pending Review Another Welcome Thread: Server Welcome Goals

Discussion in 'Server' started by Conflee, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

Introduction

There is a lot of contention over the new Welcome Plugin, mainly the reward aspect of it, with various ideas being tossed around. I have a fairly simply one I got told to post after mentioning it in Fac Discord.

Welcome Goals

Currently, the system simply gives players 5r whenever they welcome a new player, which can cause inflation, and devalues the welcome spam for new players when they learn. My alternative is basically: Set "Welcome Goals" where the plugin tracks how many Welcomes are given in a 24 hour time span, and when the goal is hit, everyone who welcomed gets 10r.

The benefits of this are that instead of being a direct incentive to welcome just for the money, it is a more indirect reward for the same action. It also puts a hard cap on how many regals a day someone can earn from Welcomes, fixing the inflation issues.

EDIT: Coupled with this, I'd make the Welcome Window (where it detect welcomes) a bit longer.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Conflee, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018