Archived Another Chat Feature

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CptSilvyrall

Missing.
Reaction score
Faction
Fractalis
I was thinking: What's the point of the sensor if it only censors one word? So I came here and pointed it out ( and in general chat )

What should be done:
  • Improve the censor
OR
  • get a real censor
I do not mean any offense but we could really use a new one.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I suggest replacing the 'f-bomb' with "smurf", the 'a-bomb' with "axe", and the 'h-bomb' with void, and replace "@Sevak" with "dad".

I've just left every chat, especially general.
While it doesn't solve the issue, ignorance is bliss.

I'm of the opinion that censoring swearing is the fastest way to kill a server community. People should be able to swear if they so choose. It is up to the community, not some plugin, to call people out for excessive colorful language. As I said before, leaving the chat is the most effective way to get rid of it, as it a) causes you to not see it and b) makes the swearer talk to himself.

I'm of the opinion that we should get rid of the censoring, but I do know that there are certain things that Massivecraft requires in order to function, which is censoring some stuff here and there for the sake of the players.

All I can say is if the language becomes a bother, either make a ticket for a staff to look into it, or just leave the chat for a few hours. No need for everyone to lose freedom for the sake of a few.

That is a good point, and mabye instead of a plugin a censor mod could be added to the mods that are allowed list.. You win

Marking as dated. Unfortunately we cannot manually update swear words in-game and have to get Tech staff to update the code directly when we want something changed. A few major problem swear words have been added to the chat filter in-game due to banned players alt evading and spamming inappropriate content.

Status
Not open for further replies.