Archived Anonymous Voting Idea

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Basically where you can vote whatever you want without feeling imbarrased about how this person may think.
Your voting may be a friend and you dont want him to think wrong about you

Please elaborate what you mean. Seriously I have no Idea what you mean.

If you mean voting on polls, that is already anonymous.

Basically where you can vote whatever you want without feeling imbarrased about how this person may think.
Your voting may be a friend and you dont want him to think wrong about you

I believe he is talking about ratings on posts, so the suggestion would be that if you rate someones post they can only see the rating and not who gave it. nray93 Kirby12352

I don't agree with this idea as it would allow people to give random ratings such as undeserved read mores and pink clouds without anyone knowing it was them. I also disagree because if someone disagrees with a post and does not explain (as many people do) you would not know who they are and thus, cannot ask them to explain their rating.

Ones again I am just assuming this is about ratings.

If that's it, i wonder why not?

๖ۣۜBefore there were really forum mods to warn people about stuff, I've seen him randomly pink cloud posts when they don't deserve it whatsoever or when it doesn't make sense to do so at all. Plus, it doesn't matter, you still did it. Their reaction is their reaction, although I don't see how you should be worried about rating, but be more worried about Forum moderators whom don't think you should be abusing the system, because some ratings make someone look bad really fast.
I believe he is talking about ratings on posts, so the suggestion would be that if you rate someones post they can only see the rating and not who gave it. nray93 Kirby12352
Ones again I am just assuming this is about ratings.
(I am also assuming this is what he means)

Because it will easily be abused really fast,
-1 Support

Not sure which one you are talking about, so I'll categorize them.

Server Voting
  • You can already vote anonymously on voting websites such as PME and Minestatus.
Forum Polls
  • Only the user who created the poll can decide if your vote is anonymous. If you want to stay anonymous, simply don't vote in polls that are public(it says so in the bottom of the poll).
Forum Ratings
  • This is an absolute no-no. Not only would the user not be able to find out who keeps downgrading them, but somebody could simply make a bunch of alt fourm accounts and rating spam everybody that they dislike. And the forum staff have a harder job as well because of the fact that we can no longer report rating abuse as we no longer know whom is abusing the ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.