Archived Annoying Noob/inactive Factions And Fix

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MokeDuck

Hail the duckfather!
Reaction score
Faction
Celetil (leader)
Hello, so, recently (ok not recently, several times over about a year) I have been discouraged about the claimnear setting. I have heard about staff bending to my requests (sorry if I ranted a bit) and am thrilled. however, I think claimnear can be used to greatly help bring back something that has been removed on massive since the beginning. This would be the ability of factions to claim over factions without enough power and ultimately conquer land. This, i thought, was a very cool feature when I read about it. however, massivecraft removed this feature. I think that the claimnear flag can be used in much the same way. If (and i know this would take a bit of coding) staff could make the distance in claimnear dependent on the percent of the faction's fullness of it's power level, this could introduce (to a certain extent) more territorial battles on the part of factions. This would also GREATLY reduce the annoyance of one-person, inactive factions full of people that keep getting 100r from the daily quest then paying their faction's tax, then logging off for another month. Thanks you for reading this, i hope you will consider this fun implementation/fix if it is plausible.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Monmarty said that a update to factions tax is on the to-do list. So that might help

If i understand. Now people could overclaim darkrooms

Ahahah. No

Just because claimnear is being changed doesn't mean you'll ever be able to overclaim other factions, don't know how you ever got that impression. Nowhere was it mentioned that claimnear would fluctuate based on power. That would be a pretty stupid thing to do considering claimnear is meant to keep factions from claiming near you.

If this idea was implemented I could assure you that PvP factions like Raptum Arthas and Kings would raid and overclaim every other faction, resulting in massive amounts of players leaving the server. I gurantee you'd be one of the first to come back complaining that some PvP faction came to your base, steamrolled your members and then overclaimed your base.

I think it's pretty safe to say this will literally never happen.

I've been on the server for over 4 years and it's always been a no for other factions claiming other people's faction land, and I'm pretty positive that will never happen. I get complaints about my faction all the time, it's like barely 60 chunks and everyone wants it to disband, and I'd be extremely disappointed if someone would just be able to claim over it and steal all my possessions.

I am going to reject this concept. Claiming over other active factions will just contribute a negative experience which damages smaller/newer factions from growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.