Archived Animated Grass

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

indyfan98

I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.
Reaction score
a crappy hole in the ground, Pennsylvania.
Faction
ProudhammerClan
When using shaders, specifically ones with waving grass and leaves, there is a "glitch" involving double tall plants. It causes the top and bottom to split apart, as they are waving separately. This is extremely ugly and annoying. I love the effect of waving grass, wheat, and leaves, but I really wish that it didn't screw up the 1.7 plants. However, I have a sort of solution. Animating the grass textures. This would allow us to have the waving grass, but not need the shaders for it, and also prevent the ugly split grass.

This is, in fact, completely possible. Resource packs such as conquest do this already, and it looks very nice. Seeing as Massivecraft's resource pack is based partly on Conquest, this would fit in very well. It would take little to no time at all. Just move a few images, and it would be done. It would require next to none of the staff's time.

The only issue I see with this is that it may cause lag, but this can be easily remedied. Possibly there could be an animated pack and a static pack download?

Though everyone could just download Conquest and insert the grass textures into the Massivecraft resource pack, not everyone knows how to edit resource packs. A download would be a simple solution for those who may have trouble with the files in resource packs.

Thank you for reading, and have a very Massive day!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
WEll we dont all have the same one and they could clash depending on what shaders mod...
I use sues 1.7.10... and it is tight...

Tall things dont wave at all though...

Animated grass is great.

tumblr_nc1ox5y1HZ1rzmgjno1_500.gif

Last edited:
Really should've read the post before putting down my vote...

Would all grass move or only the grass for the people using the massivecraft resourcepack?

Really should've read the post before putting down my vote...

Would all grass move or only the grass for the people using the massivecraft resourcepack?
Only the resource pack. It's impossible to standardize the movement across all resourcepack.