Archived An Idea To Help Fix Economy, And Keep Gift4all.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuzi

Plant-nanigans
Reaction score
Im not going to go and explain why the economy is currently in the metaphorical bottom of the ocean, because by this point I am sure that everyone already knows. So, I will move straight on to the idea.

The idea.
Instead of just removing the Gift4all god armor and weapons, simply try switching it out with something such as, a lottery ticket. Now, hear me out, this can fix and improve many, many things. For one, it will not drop the price, of anything, at all, no more 400r to 20r items. Second, this could have it to where more people would want to donate, as these items wont simply be thrown away. And third, this item could be traded and sold as people, depending on who would love the chance to gamble.

How it works.
Now, moving on to how I would think this would work, and what it would do:
First, since obviously scratch offs aren't a thing in minecraft, it would probably just work as a command, something like "You have 1 ticket(s)" similar to that of mail, or, if you can get an actual item that one could right click in the air and get something from, that would be better. Either way, using this ticket could give anything from Nothing, to of course, a high reward jackpot. To put this more simply, it would be like the Regal lottery but with more of a risk, and a chance at more rare items.​

Quick idea of chances:
5% - Nothing
25% 25 Regals
23.99% 50 Regals
20% Common lore item
10% 100 Regals
10% 200 Regals
5% Custom lore item
1% Gold lore item
0.01% 2500 Regals

Conclusion.
This obviously wouldn't be the actual chances but its just to give a basic idea, and because of something like this it could not only stop the armor from getting any worse, but start to get regals flowing around a bit more quickly between players, along with a reason for people to not throw away their gift4alls. Please, consider this with sincere thought, and thank-you, for your time.​

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This right here is brilliant. You have a ticket, and you can redeem it whenever you want. It could be good, could be bad. But it's still very random.

I like it, because I know exactly how rare a .01% chance. I've played on a server where you only got a decent good item in a .0000001% chance for it (due to chaining a bunch of .01% together)

This would be very beneficial and I think it is worth looking into.

The Idea is just, simply fantastic, it may be a hard plugin to make, but it's still a great idea! I'm sure it could come into reality eventually :3

Im not going to go and explain why the economy is currently in the metaphorical bottom of the ocean, because by this point I am sure that everyone already knows. So, I will move straight on to the idea.

The idea.
Instead of just removing the Gift4all god armor and weapons, simply try switching it out with something such as, a lottery ticket. Now, hear me out, this can fix and improve many, many things. For one, it will not drop the price, of anything, at all, no more 400r to 20r items. Second, this could have it to where more people would want to donate, as these items wont simply be thrown away. And third, this item could be traded and sold as people, depending on who would love the chance to gamble.

How it works.
Now, moving on to how I would think this would work, and what it would do:
First, since obviously scratch offs aren't a thing in minecraft, it would probably just work as a command, something like "You have 1 ticket(s)" similar to that of mail, or, if you can get an actual item that one could right click in the air and get something from, that would be better. Either way, using this ticket could give anything from Nothing, to of course, a high reward jackpot. To put this more simply, it would be like the Regal lottery but with more of a risk, and a chance at more rare items.​

Quick idea of chances:
5% - Nothing
25% 25 Regals
23.99% 50 Regals
20% Common lore item
10% 100 Regals
10% 200 Regals
5% Custom lore item
1% Gold lore item
0.01% 2500 Regals

Conclusion.
This obviously wouldn't be the actual chances but its just to give a basic idea, and because of something like this it could not only stop the armor from getting any worse, but start to get regals flowing around a bit more quickly between players, along with a reason for people to not throw away their gift4alls. Please, consider this with sincere thought, and thank-you, for your time.​

This is NOT Eula compliant. If you allow someone to buy something you have to give the same item to EVERYONE. If there are "tickets" then everyone would get different items. You can also not give ingame currency at all for irl currency, mojang has made that quite clear that it is not allowed.

This is NOT Eula compliant. If you allow someone to buy something you have to give the same item to EVERYONE. If there are "tickets" then everyone would get different items. You can also not give ingame currency at all for irl currency, mojang has made that quite clear that it is not allowed.
So selling regals is forbidden now?

Wait, so giving everyone god armor because someone gave 9$ to the server is EULA compliant

but giving everyone a ticket, which they can either use or sell is not? Their still recieving the same item.

If you're worried about the ticket giving regals then just replace the regals with different items, piece of cake- though not literally nobody really wants cake.

I am sorry but i do not understand your point

Also why are you so mad? Suggestions are what this thread is for should i just not recommend anything?

@Thortuna

Wait, so giving everyone god armor because someone gave 9$ to the server is EULA compliant

but giving everyone a ticket, which they can either use or sell is not? Their still recieving the same item.

If you're worried about the ticket giving regals then just replace the regals with different items, piece of cake- though not literally nobody really wants cake.

I am sorry but i do not understand your point

Also why are you so mad? Suggestions are what this thread is for should i just not recommend anything?

No actually its the fact that its a lottery thats the problem, everyone would not get the same item in the end, that is what is not EULA compliant. If 1 person gets nothing and the other gets a fancy rare item that is unfair according to mojang and not compliant. Either you give the end result item/perk to everyone or you dont give it at all.

Also I am not mad? Text based communication is often tricky and i am not mad at all. I am simply responding as a direction staff that has spent hours and hours studying and learning the eula inside out.

No actually its the fact that its a lottery thats the problem, everyone would not get the same item in the end, that is what is not EULA compliant. If 1 person gets nothing and the other gets a fancy rare item that is unfair according to mojang and not compliant. Either you give the end result item/perk to everyone or you dont give it at all
But everyone does get the same item in the end, thats like everyone getting a diamond pick axe, then using it to mine diamonds, now they have in the end diamonds while noone else has them. What makes it different about the tickets? The person who donated has no better change to get something as compared to someone who wants nothing less than the server to crash and burn

Then change the regal prize to something else?

That is not the only issue. The idea proposed was that you have a table sure you would have to remove the regals but it would still be like this
Quick idea of chances:
5% - Nothing
25% ITEM
23.99% ITEM
20% Common lore item
10% ITEM
10% ITEM
5% Custom lore item
1% Gold lore item
0.01% ITEM

So sure everyone initially gets a ticket but the fact that this ticket gets turned in and it dispenses different prizes is the problem. If you do this then everyone would have to get the same item when turning in the ticket which means it would be the same as gift for all

But everyone does get the same item in the end, thats like everyone getting a diamond pick axe, then using it to mine diamonds, now they have in the end diamonds while noone else has them. What makes it different about the tickets? The person who donated has no better change to get something as compared to someone who wants nothing less than the server to crash and burn

How do they get the same item? Your own list of things in this lottery says there are multiple items you can be awarded meaning:
Person 1 gets A
Person 2 gets B
Person 3 gets A
Person 4 gets C
Person 5 gets D

and so on and so forth. This means even if the initial item is the same (a ticket) the end result is different items that are not the same. They would not have the same gameplay effect, not have the same value. This is what makes it EULA incompliant.

How do they get the same item? Your own list of things in this lottery says there are multiple items you can be awarded meaning:
Person 1 gets A
Person 2 gets B
Person 3 gets A
Person 4 gets C
Person 5 gets D

and so on and so forth. This means even if the initial item is the same (a ticket) the end result is different items that are not the same. They would not have the same gameplay effect, not have the same value. This is what makes it EULA incompliant.

Then i am going to have to ask, if you cant find a work around with this; What are you going to do about the economy? You cant shut down gift4alls because then there would be no money, you cant keep them because then the economy becomes absolutely terrible. So what is the plan then?

Also, Everyone has the same opprotunity to sell the ticket if they want to, which would equal the same value depending on the market.

The Gift4all is slowly winding down. The first few days it was insane yes people really wanted armor with their names on it, but now it is being bought a lot less. People bought it when it was brand new, then they have it so they dont buy it. The armor breaks pretty quick now and we expect the prices of god armor to go back up, if it doesnt then we will considder taking steps to improve the economy but things such as economies cannot stabilize in a matter of a week, you need to give it some time to put its feet back on the earth and settle before reviewing how it is actually doing.

And no even if you do try to sell it, depending on the time on the server you sell it you risk getting a lot less for your ticket meaning every time it would end up being a different number of regals you are getting.

The Gift4all is slowly winding down. The first few days it was insane yes people really wanted armor with their names on it, but now it is being bought a lot less. People bought it when it was brand new, then they have it so they dont buy it. The armor breaks pretty quick now and we expect the prices of god armor to go back up, if it doesnt then we will considder taking steps to improve the economy but things such as economies cannot stabilize in a matter of a week, you need to give it some time to put its feet back on the earth and settle before reviewing how it is actually doing.

And no even if you do try to sell it, depending on the time on the server you sell it you risk getting a lot less for your ticket meaning every time it would end up being a different number of regals you are getting.

Even if the prices do eventually go back up, which will take in fact a long time, people could simply buy more of that item realizing that now its worth more, and they can sell it for more, causing it to go back down. And as for people who would make armor and weapons to sell for their regals, they will never have a stable price for selling these items, nor a reason to make them.

But i suppose there isnt anything i can really do about it, honestly, i hope that I am wrong about this, along with everyone else who is complaining about the economy. And that isnt sarcasm.

No we have seen the tendencies as well and we are watching the economy to see where it is going, we are however instead of panicking taking a step back and letting it settle at a level before we make a decision on how we handle it.

So i am by no means brushing you off that the economy might need some big help in the near future to bring it to a stable normal level but time is the only thing that will tell.

No we have seen the tendencies as well and we are watching the economy to see where it is going, we are however instead of panicking taking a step back and letting it settle at a level before we make a decision on how we handle it.

So i am by no means brushing you off that the economy might need some big help in the near future to bring it to a stable normal level but time is the only thing that will tell.

Alright, I understand.
Thank-you, and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.