Amnesia

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by FatDumplingGrace, Dec 9, 2022.

Tags:
  1. FatDumplingGrace

FatDumplingGrace Refugee

Beneath the gnarled branches of the elder tree, a young woman slept, unaware that creeping within the shadows, a beast made of light and perfection moved closer, she slumbered, unaware of the hidden threads of destiny that tugged both figures closer, as the shiny knight drew closer on the slumbering Princess, dropping a worm within her ear.

As the worm landed in her brain, he looked around in surprise.
    “Oh my! What a lovely home! But, it is too crowded!” The worm cried. “I must fix this mess.”

First thing the worm devoured was the knowledge of meeting a man named Zolo Baker, Owner of the Servals Den. The worm tasted from the memory, the thrill of flight from a glider, a sudden crash, a sprained ankle…all gone from the woman’s memory. She would still remember the man of course, but very faintly, the memories afterwards would be but a hazy blur, unrecognizable amidst her other memories.

The worm hadn’t gotten his fill yet, so he looked around, “My, a new knight in shining armor? A Lothar too? Tsk, tsk, we should get rid of this too!”

The brown haired Ailor man was munched on, like a torn painting, a letter that Yalaune had read about re-connecting, a small wooden desk and the sounds of faint arguments, the worm consumed greedily. There were other memories too of the same man, but the worm left it alone.

Next, the worm turned its attention to a painful memory, letting out a sigh.
    Oh you poor thing..I must get rid of this too!”

The sounds of battle, flashes of Yala finding her father in the damp cell, weak and starved. The roar of her brother, Adam, flashes of light and fleeing, the worm cared not, consuming all, the painful ones especially.

At this point, the worm stopped, resting its hand on its belly, bletching.
    “Almost, but not quite! /Another/ Lothar?” And so the worm munched away at the second to last painting, that being Riftan Vaedra. The memory of meeting him was already faint, the painting duty and old, but still was there. Now however, Yala would simply not remember the man at all, she would think he was a mere passerby, another Knight among many.

Turning to face the last memory, the worm brightened.
    “Oooo, a birthday cake? For me?” And so with the final memory of Yala’s tenth birthday, the worm devoured the cake, finally happy and satisfied.

The black haired woman continued to slumber as the fat worm crawled out from her ear, nestling in her hair, like a plump turkey right before Thanksgiving. The mirrored knight is now long gone, leaving in its place the slumber Princess, who was unaware of the fact her memories were stolen, by a lone little worm and its Knight.

This is supposed to be a little fairytale like story, sorry it's not super edgy lamo. Yala as forgotten meeting @Renajaka and @AlienDark12 , with Baker being a hazy memory and Riftan being forgotten. Over the course of four days I'll emote it properly of her forgetfulness!

• Powerful Powerful x 1