Archived Am I The Only One Who Wants The Bounty Hunting Plugin Back?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It was disabled because the target could just ask an ally or friend to enemy them, kill them, re-ally them, then split the reward. Which meant when you use the plugin you effectively gave your target money,

That wasn't the only reason why people did that they also did it because people would troll bounty on everyone and it will spam up the server chat and such.

You can still place bounties, you can still hunt bounties, you don't needs plugin that is easily broken to do it.

I wasn't around for this plugin. Would have been cool to been on the server when it was on it though..

Why is it that so many ideas need to have a special plugin, when they can already be done in-game?

I used to be in a faction where they had an entire bounty board at /f home for everyone. It listed RP names, usernames, RP reason and the reward. All this was done without any use of the plugin. And I think it was awesome.

From the previous comments, I'd say it'd be better if there were to be a bounty board in Regalia somewhere

Do you have pictures of it?

Nah, that was back in February/March of 2013. The faction has long since disbanded, sadly. I would show pictures if I had them! We actually had different jobs that you could choose from, one of which was the assassin. He would be the one to take the bounties and hunt them down. Anyone could claim it, but the assassins are more than likely several thousand blocks closer to the target than you by now. It's their job!

From the previous comments, I'd say it'd be better if there were to be a bounty board in Regalia somewhere

Well maybe, but there would be MUCH more competition; people may end up killing each other more than killing their targets, simply because they don't want another to claim the bounty before them. I'm not saying this will be the case, but it is possible.

Nah, that was back in February/March of 2013. The faction has long since disbanded, sadly. I would show pictures if I had them! We actually had different jobs that you could choose from, one of which was the assassin. He would be the one to take the bounties and hunt them down. Anyone could claim it, but the assassins are more than likely several thousand blocks closer to the target than you by now. It's their job!

Well maybe, but there would be MUCH more competition; people may end up killing each other more than killing their targets, simply because they don't want another to claim the bounty before them. I'm not saying this will be the case, but it is possible.

Aww, no pictures. :(
Oh well, I understand.

But could you please explain how the system worked in the faction? I might add this to my faction when I make one.

Isn't that sorta the case whenever a bounty is placed on anything?
People are gonna fight for it, whoever gets it, owns it.
That's really the thing for bounties, doesn't matter who gets it to you, you want someone or thing dead/alive and in your hands.

I want it back because it was a way to make Silver (now Regals) through PvP and not selling stuff at a shop or in Trade chat which has no PvP interaction at all.

And you could also make money off people placing bounties on you. So your true intention is in fact to make money from it, why wouldn't you use that exploit?

And you could also make money off people placing bounties on you. So your true intention is in fact to make money from it, why wouldn't you use that exploit?

I didn't even know that you could exploit the plugin when it was in-game (wouldn't of used it even if I knew about it). When someone placed a bounty on me, I would walk around, usually close to the edge of the spawn zone (so more people would come kill me because they didn't have to walk as far) and wait for some people to come and then I would fight them.

What if they had it so there was a way of making it so you could only set a certain amount of bounties a day and the bounty money was limited to a low(-ish) amount ?

Just talk to Mecharic ? He constantly puts bounties on people that don't pay up their debts or threaten his faction in some form.

Isn't that sorta the case whenever a bounty is placed on anything?
People are gonna fight for it, whoever gets it, owns it.
That's really the thing for bounties, doesn't matter who gets it to you, you want someone or thing dead/alive and in your hands.
Yes, that's true. I often don't think of something from a PvPer's aspect, because I personally avoid combat at all costs.

Aww, no pictures. :(
Oh well, I understand.

But could you please explain how the system worked in the faction? I might add this to my faction when I make one.
I'd be more than happy to explain.

Alright, so our faction unfortunately had a rather large amount of enemies. We ignored them for the most part, and they left us alone. But occasionally, an enemy leader would randomly say "lol lets go attack innocent people." Other enemies verbally insulted us for no reason like a bunch of uncivilized bullies. Or maybe one of these people is the rival of one of our higher-ranked members. Basically, if you pissed off multiple people in the faction, your head gets a bounty attached to it.

Any member was allowed to claim the bounty, but it was not required. However, we had a list of jobs that you could take on to help the faction (Lumberjack, miner, etc.), one of which was the Assassin. The thing about the Assassin: it was their job to kill off these people, and they were supposed to alert our faction members first so that nobody goes in to claim the bounty for themselves. I always thought it was freaking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.