Aloria's Religions

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by HodlinG, May 3, 2018.

1. HodlinG

HodlinG owie Supremium

So. I'm not really sure if this is going to be taken seriously or not but I feel like the religious side of Aloria's lore has become kind of stale. Because a lot of them have been given a lot of merit because of powers and the like. Sometimes directly given by said gods, Such as the case of the Unionist aspects.

And I feel this ruins the religions because now there's really no reason your character shouldn't believe in at least one of these. So many of the major religions are effectively true in one way or another so to have a character that doubts the idea that their religion is true ((without just feeling it'd be better to convert to another religion)) seems pointless and a bit unrealistic.

I don't know, I'm personally really used to having characters that doubt that Unionism is really true and that the spirit exists. But now that's not really possible because Unionist aspects exist and it would take quite a bit of a twist in logic for them to reasonably say "Nah, I still don't quite see it". Rather than them simply being able to doubt it just because they don't see any proof or reason to be faithful to that thing.

I'd personally like it if such a possibility was maintained without being easily discredited in character because some Unionists (and followers of some other religions) have cool powers.

2. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

We live in a world of magic and bridging of dimensions. People followed Unionism when it had nothing and Void Worship and the Elven Pantheon offered powers in some form or another. And now Unionism offers power similar to these. In that sense it doesn't change much. Your character can still be against Unionism and excuse it on magic or what have you.