Archived Alorian Bat Riders

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parz1vol

Chicken
Reaction score
They are simply "whistles" that when activated teleport you to different areas... for standard players.
Regalia would get a bat roost area, that whistles can be bought from. There would be one for every major city, and one for the bat roost. Alorian Bat Riders would be ops, and, hopefully me ( for understandable reasons) and maybe premiums. The actual bat riders would get an item that spawns a giant bat that can be rode and contolled in flight. This would get rid of much use for boats, it would be great for rp, and it, and for pvp. The actual giant bats would be named by the owner at anvils. The item to summon the bats would be called, "call (bats name)"

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is clientside.....

Yea but whistles and giant bats are definitely clientside

They are simply "whistles" that when activated teleport you to different areas... for standard players.
Regalia would get a bat roost area, that whistles can be bought from. There would be one for every major city, and one for the bat roost. Alorian Bat Riders would be ops, and, hopefully me ( for understandable reasons) and maybe premiums. The actual bat riders would get an item that spawns a giant bat that can be rode and contolled in flight. This would get rid of much use for boats, it would be great for rp, and it, and for pvp. The actual giant bats would be named by the owner at anvils. The item to summon the bats would be called, "call (bats name)"
1. there is a plugins enabling you to ride a ender dragon. 2 how in the world would people trust premiums as they could just easily kill themselves and the player.

This is not equality for vampires nor bats. I am saying this is just not natural in role play having a giant bat for people to ride on. We have enough problems with bob the bat and Baver that the bat idea will just let Baver control them and take regalia.

Just have the server make horses grow wings and become unicorns...

1. there is a plugins enabling you to ride a ender dragon. 2 how in the world would people trust premiums as they could just easily kill themselves and the player.

This is not equality for vampires nor bats. I am saying this is just not natural in role play having a giant bat for people to ride on. We have enough problems with bob the bat and Baver that the bat idea will just let Baver control them and take regalia.
The lore behind these bats is "I was digging around an old chapel when I saw these huge bats, pre domesticated, and with strange magic runes all over there metal eye covers... seraphim magic..."

Actually, I've seen some server-side only mods that allow travel by dragon.

Zeppelin mod?

If so from what I have hear it is very resource intensive and does not give you freedom to control the movement dynamically.

As for the OP.... wut?

These giant bat tours could risk ruining the great RP of the server, as travel becomes less common, and in times of war, the Bat Riders could just fly over the enemy's walls, causing the siege to be less hard to complete. This would also give the defenders no chance at all to suceed in defending their lands. The roads of the continent would be useless, and traders and travelers of the roads, would face the loneliness these bats would bring to the roads. Personally I do not hope these will be added, unless a new "giant flying continent" is discovered. [What are the odds] Still they could risk ruining it. Why would people take their time to make a giant, majestic bridge, when they got flying bats... Just saying

The lore behind these bats is "I was digging around an old chapel when I saw these huge bats, pre domesticated, and with strange magic runes all over there metal eye covers... seraphim magic..."

It's not part of the lore and is not planned. This won't happen.

Just have the server make horses grow wings and become unicorns...

That would be a Pegasus, actually.[DOUBLEPOST=1371548506,1371548426][/DOUBLEPOST]It seems to me that this suggestion is less to benefit the server and RP, and more because you just want to ride a giant bat.

I'm gonna be honest, as much as I'd love to ride a giant freaking bat into war some day I have the feeling the screeching and squealing of the bat would make it difficult to steer. Oh, and look out for giant moths, the bats go wild when they see those!

I'm gonna be honest, as much as I'd love to ride a giant freaking bat into war some day I have the feeling the screeching and squealing of the bat would make it difficult to steer. Oh, and look out for giant moths, the bats go wild when they see those!
Yes that is what I mean by having a giant bat flying around in Regalia or any other place. You have to feed it, care for it and all the other stuff to go along with it. It's like having a shotgun in the caveman times (sorry to go all prehistoric).

Giant bats never existed in medieval times and the thought of having one is unquestionably weird in this kind of RP. Like horses that are coming in the next update fit perfectly well in the RP based server timeline.

Although there are agreements and disagreements I just personally think that having a huge bat, needing food and ect is just out of this medieval timeline RP. Do you not see the downside to having a giant BAT? There would be infestations, wars, pricing markets going up and the bigger problem with Bob the Bat and Mrs Baver still going around.

Yes that is what I mean by having a giant bat flying around in Regalia or any other place. You have to feed it, care for it and all the other stuff to go along with it. It's like having a shotgun in the caveman times (sorry to go all prehistoric).

Giant bats never existed in medieval times and the thought of having one is unquestionably weird in this kind of RP. Like horses that are coming in the next update fit perfectly well in the RP based server timeline.

Although there are agreements and disagreements I just personally think that having a huge bat, needing food and ect is just out of this medieval timeline RP. Do you not see the downside to having a giant BAT? There would be infestations, wars, pricing markets going up and the bigger problem with Bob the Bat and Mrs Baver still going around.
I see this, but the bats obviously wouldnt be rideable in regalia... its a major city

I see this, but the bats obviously wouldnt be rideable in regalia... its a major city
DO YOU NOT SEE THE POINT OF HAVING THESE BATS?

They will ruin the Rp completely! Since when have you ever seen a medieval timeline story say that there were giant bloody bats flying around?!

DO YOU NOT SEE THE POINT OF HAVING THESE BATS?

They will ruin the Rp completely! Since when have you ever seen a medieval timeline story say that there were giant bloody bats flying around?!
since when do you have only "premium" people able to wear diamond armor

Actually, I've seen some server-side only mods that allow travel by dragon.
There is a plugin where you can ride enderdragons but you cant steer them yourself the staff choose point a and point b and the dragon will automatically fly to the place that the staff had chosen. I played on a server which had a enderdragon travel system instead of tp around to different cities. I have also tested the plugin on myself. But there is also other dragon plugins which allows you to fly freely.

This could be a fun thing. But i still think this is a bad idea because if i'm right it would conflict with the lore. And probably not work with server sharding.

Status
Not open for further replies.