Approved Sheet Aldon Adeliason

Discussion in 'Character Applications' started by Lizehrd, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

༺═──────────────═༻
    Character Information
    Name: Aldon Adeliason

Birthday: 30th of January, 284 AC
    Birthplace: City of Regalia, Crown Isles (Supposedly)

Pronouns: He/Him/His

Race: Ailor (Cahalic Brood)
    Culture: Stateborn

Sexuality: Bisexual

Eye Color: Cyan
    Natural Color: Cyan
    Source: Cahal / Cahalic Brood
    ༺═──────────────═༻
    Core Concept
    Religion: Ordax (Ord-Alvaan)
    By choice and by Affliction, Aldon is a follower of the Colossi, revering Nehret first and foremost but paying respect to all eight deities of the Cult of Order in some capacity.

Identity: “Huntsman of the Exist”
    Aldon is equal parts scholar, hunter, and warrior, seeking belonging in the Exist he is born from and fighting to defend the Cahal and their past.
    ༺═──────────────═༻
    Proficiency Information
    Points Spent
    Proficiency: 27
    Hobby: 10
    Reserved: 23

Core Proficiencies
    • Proficiency Points: 15
    • Proficiency Points: 4
    • Favored Weapon: Throwing Knife

Special Proficiencies
    • Proficiency Points: 5
    • Racial Boost (Stateborn): 5

Hobby Proficiencies
    • Hobby Points: 5
    • Hobby Points: 5

Point Buy
    • Proficiency Points: 3
    • Packs: Affliction Knowledge

Progression Talents
    Warrior:
    2 (Forced)
    Sage: 1

Physical Stat
    • Fists Combat: 15
    • Light Ranged Combat: 2
    • Hunting Art: 3
    Body Shape: Toned
    Body Fat: Average
    ༺═──────────────═༻
    Ability Information
    Racial Abilities

• Ailor Familiar
    • Dark Empathy
    • Seizing Destiny
    • Seizing Innovation
    • People of Many Tongues
    • Blood Eyes VI
    • Cahalic Form I

Occult Abilities
    • World Shift I
    • Afflicted Life I
    • Sacrifice Curse I
    • Cursed Soul I
    • Blood Eyes VI
    • Cahalic Form I
    • Wall Climb II
    • Super Self II
    • Gate Smash I
    • Super Self VI
    • Armor Rend I
    • Light amend III
    • Bunker Down I
    • Super Self I
    • Armor Flux I
    • Hunt Sense I
    Source: Gift of the Colossi
    • Blood Eyes V
    • Cahalic Form II
    • Exist Gift I
    • Cahalic Familiar I
    • Arcane Mastery I
    • Casting Light I
    • True Path I
    • Light Mend II
    • Mind Wall I
    • Dravinda Gift II
    • Shrewd Insight I
    • Memory Sense I
    Type: Exist
    • Element Control II (Seizing Destiny)
    • Vile Vine I (Exist Gift)

Proficiency Abilities
    • Light Shot
    • Affliction Knowledge

Languages
    • Common (Free)
    • Öbern (Parent)
    • Saan (People of Many Tongues)

Companions
    • Bruma (Exist Cauruvos, Ailor Familiar)
    • Viridian (Featherlight, Aphar Familiar)
    ༺═──────────────═༻
    Appearance Information
    Mutations

Aldon’s lower arms and legs are covered in short, brown fur, and he has both short, silver antlers and a mist-tipped tail, pairing with his sharpened ears and canines to give him a beast-like appearance. (Enhanced Mutations)

Appearance
    Aldon is a young, fair-featured Ailor with a surprisingly composure and collection despite his disheveled appearance; framing his face is brown, unkempt hair, and a scraggly beard stretches over his chin.

Shifts
    The Shepherd, Aldon’s Cahalic form, is a towering, fur-clad, chimera-like beast that shifts between walking on two legs and walking on four. His body is made from carved, rough-cut stone beneath layers of white fur, often seen glinting with shards of crystal and glass beneath open sunlight or moonlight. His face contorts into a long snout, while his claws and antlers extend and grow over with stonework. His tail greatly increased in size, and often grizzly scars cover his form, ranging from scars that weep blackened blood to, at times, an open cavity where his Featherlight familiar rests, lending the beast their wings. Pale eyes glare out from beneath a heavy mane that hangs over his face and neck, slitted like a cat’s eyes and glowing like stars.
    ༺═──────────────═༻
    Life Story
    Childhood (0-10)

• Orphaned at birth in Regalia, adopted by a wealthy merchant family and raised in sheltered seclusion of the world, being purposefully kept ignorant of his ancestry.

Adolescence (10-18)
    • During his teenage years, Aldon both became rebellious and started to extensively tutor under private mentors, in between learning how to hunt as a pastime.

Early Adulthood (18-24)
    • Accepted into the Regalian Ecological Society on account of intellect, though while studying he learned about Cahalism, and began to study the Exist.

Present Day (24+)
    • Returned to Regalia to confront his parents before embracing his Cahalic roots, becoming afflicted and learning to live as a beggar on the streets of Crookback.

Aldon Adeliason was orphaned at birth in the city of Regalia. He was found and taken in by Adelia von Kallerwald, who found him in the streets at the edges of the city, and through her fervor and stalwart will, she managed to convince her husband, Maynard von Kallerwald, to relent. Though Maynard was suspicious and ever distrustful of the child, due to knowing he was a Cahal brood, he agreed to protect and raise him alongside Adelia, only after the addendum of Aldon being “her son alone.”

Aldon was raised the youngest of three children. Having boundless energy made him a constant presence around his home as soon as he was able to walk and run. As Aldon grew under the protective care of his whole family, he was taught skills needed to live among the wealthier families of Regalia, his talent for singing cultivated, and being taught to read and write with some manner of elegance and skill. While he was learning these skills, Aldon became curious about the unnatural aspects of him, namely his eyes and sharpened teeth. Whenever he questioned his parents and tutors on the matter he was always deflected.

Aldon was quite a cunning child. He had a keen eye and natural inquiry, though the constant frustration at being brushed aside when he tried to ask broader questions resulted in him largely being seen as petulant and moody. At his mother’s suggestion, Aldon was taken out on hunting trips to the countryside. It was during these trips that Aldon began to learn how to shoot a bow and found out his natural knack and love for hunting. Though, as he grew older, the time between hunts was filled with the additional issue of him discovering his Cahalic form, and so his family set to try and keep him from ever intentionally or unintentionally calling upon it.

To keep him distracted between the hunts, his parents hired a close family friend as an instructor for him so that he could have another outlet for his energy and emotion. That instruction was soon turned to a genuine skill in hand combat, and though it brought a measure of worry to his whole family, they decided to let the sport be. Though he could never break through to his parents on the matter of his birth, his parents began to treat him with more leniency and freedom.

After heated debate over his parents’ conflicting views on what should be done about his curiosity for the arcane, once again his mother won out, and they saw about offering Aldon the chance to have further education in the matter of natural sciences. For once feeling the yoke of secrecy being taken off of him as he came of age, Aldon was ecstatic to be able to truly begin to study the things that filled his mind.

After a very stressful application, Aldon was accepted into the Regalian Ecological Academy, much to his joy. Though, being so protected and having so much of his identity shrouded by secrecy left him wholly unprepared to deal with the wider world.

While his professors offered patience to Aldon and tried to avoid casting him out, the other Ailor students made it all too obvious that he was something far from normal, and it was only thanks to the few Altalar students attending the academy that he learned that he was a Cahal brood - that he was descended from something that his family had quietly vilified for much of his life.

Aldon began to take lessons from outside tutors, reading on the subject of Cahal and studying them as much as he could. The same Altalar students who helped him find out who he was were once more essential in him being able to find the basis to begin studying the Cahal, though his study of Cahalism expanded into Vampirism, Broodism, and, in his passion, the greater Exist and Void overall and the Arken within.

Balancing these more independent occult studies with the academy’s teachings, Aldon learned all he could just to quell the anger within him. He felt betrayed by his family, and as soon as he graduated and researched all he could on the matters of Void and Exist, he returned home to Regalia in haste.

As he arrived home, rather than being welcomed back with celebration as he had left, Aldon instead confronted his parents over the matter of hiding his birth and identity. Hearing his parents confirm the story and tell him again and again that they were trying to protect him, he felt both lost and confused, and rather than return home to his family, he instead took what he had and left, not in fury or revenge, as he thought he would, but in hurt.

Searching out for any Cahal he could find in Regalia, Aldon eventually came across a sachem in Old Town after days of searching and drifting through the city. Aldon wanted to be able to embrace his heritage. Offering himself up willingly, Aldon joined the clan and was promptly made part of the Soulrend ritual, having to go through it twice before he was finally afflicted.

When Aldon finally became a full-on Usaar Cahal, to his vindication and pride, he began to draw further and further away from his family, only feeling a drive to rather build a new family as what he felt he was meant to be. Retiring his clothing for simple rags and living off the streets with the other Cahal, Aldon moved to spend most of his time in Old Town, where others of his kind lurked and he was largely free from production and repression.

It has been months since Aldon had estranged himself from his family, only doing so much as to send a letter letting his family know that he was alive and that he was well. Embracing his Cahalic nature and departing from that original clan that had helped him find his path, he has since struck out on his own to continue learning, training, and experiencing the natural world, whilst kindling that spark within him that wishes to see a better world for himself and other Cahal.
    ༺═──────────────═༻

• Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Lizehrd, Aug 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  2. Follower

Follower Returned to Monkey

@Lizehrd Hello, I'll be claiming this app for review, expect a reply within 36 hours.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Follower

Follower Returned to Monkey

@Lizehrd Everything seems to be in order, Approved.
    Just please swap the phrasing from 'Talent Points' to 'Hobby Points' for your proficiencies.

4. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

Updated sheet to reflect Aldon training his Unarmed and Singing skills IC, and to note the Gift of the Colossi!

#4 Lizehrd, Sep 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  5. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

Updated Aldon’s sheet to include Arken proficiency (since recognizing Broods is tied to that knowledge, and he’s had a good amount of experience now with some Arken). Removed Writing Proficiency (because it didn’t really apply to him), and updated his language in accordance with the Linguistics update. Set for Re-Review!

#5 Lizehrd, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  6. sonofthestars

sonofthestars chaotic stupid Staff Member Lore2

Claimed for review. Expect a response shortly.

7. sonofthestars

8. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

@sonofthestars Very small change this time: I realized there was some aging discontinuity with Aldon and decided to age him down four years, since I kinda forgot how long schooling actually was.

9. sonofthestars

10. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

@sonofthestars Updated Aldon’s sheet according to the new proficiency update. Didn’t change any proficiencies save for the ones that got removed, but the prefix disappeared anyways, hence why it needs re-reviewed.

11. sonofthestars

12. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

Updated to account for the Ailor Racial changes!

13. sonofthestars

@Lizehrd Approved. Please remember to mark this app as 'Needs Re-Review' next time you update it.

14. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

@sonofthestars Very small update this time: Changed one of Aldon’s sorceries to Vile Vine 1. Hopefully everything’s all good!

15. sonofthestars