Archived Alchemy

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor_craft

Darivon Thurgin -Dwarf Fortune Seeker
Reaction score
Faction
Raptum
Kingdom
Iron Accord (Dwarf Council)
As I have seen the alchemy plugin was finally added, but I would like to ask that absorption and resistance potions be removed as this pretty much adds god apples back into the game and pvp will no longer be great.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
God apples are something, that pvp misses, in my opinion.

A lot of research went into the removal of apples. We would need to see some more substantial reasons than just a vague comparison.

Have you actually tested pvp and raids with these new potions? Chances are, no. I was assured by someone who is a very knowledgable pvper that these new potions are not insanely overpowered, and considering he was a god apple pvper I assume he would know what he was talking about. Although I was nervous that these changes may ruin pvp, I now see it as a way to counter balance the insane axe damage output and fights will be more involved then constant splash heal spam fests.

its just I loved this server when they removed gapples but its slowly going back to the way it used to be I mean now with blindness u blind your foe then enderpearl away hide then tp out, or people just sit there spamming there absorption potions on themselves.

Have you actually tested pvp and raids with these new potions? Chances are, no. I was assured by someone who is a very knowledgable pvper that these new potions are not insanely overpowered, and considering he was a god apple pvper I assume he would know what he was talking about. Although I was nervous that these changes may ruin pvp, I now see it as a way to counter balance the insane axe damage output and fights will be more involved then constant splash heal spam fests.

Are you sure it really will counter high axes. Just think about thor with a haste potion.

It may increase swing speed, but people who are hit gain a brief moment if invincibility so that they cannot be beat to death by 5 people at once.

That is false information, absorption is already attainable by reg. Golden apples. Resistance pots are a bit pricy, because they cost Golden apples. As well, there is no Regen V potion. And it is going to cost more and be more work to get the amount of potions needed for stable PVP with them than it is to make golden apples, which also have the extra advantage of great saturation.

God Apples could easily be re added to Massive if McMMO was removed. Just sayin.

It increases arm swing speed by 20%
Not damage speed, it's only better for mining.
I vouch to remove blindness and nausea potions- I play on a server with the alchemy, and it's possible to get absorption 2, you get 4 hearts of extra health while under the effects for ~40 seconds, (@Enderdonut, use 'em :P) but in all truth, it's not overpowered, it's like using an instant health 2 potion.
Jump boost I'm fine with, as well as haste+Health boost, but nausea and blindness just ruin it. If you give someone blindness and nausea, they can become literally near useless, so it's for certain people will just spam those out.
Pros to blindness and nausea-
*People will actually make debuff potions
*People under attack are no longer as near useless
*Even effects the best of raiders
*As said, economy sinkhole, may steady out slightly, which is good

Cons to blindness and nausea-
*Everyone will have like 4 of them at all times
*Will annoy players more than anything, renders even decent raiders to near useless as long as you use those potions plus a bow

I wouldn't mind seeing them gone, but in all seriousness, I don't PVP on Massivecraft, it does not have a huge affect on me.

Last edited:
its just I loved this server when they removed gapples but its slowly going back to the way it used to be I mean now with blindness u blind your foe then enderpearl away hide then tp out, or people just sit there spamming there absorption potions on themselves.
Nah man, it makes their render distance on tiny, not giving them actuall blindness.

Not damage speed, it's only better for mining.
I vouch to remove blindness and nausea potions- I play on a server with the alchemy, and it's possible to get absorption 2, you get 4 hearts of extra health while under the effects for ~40 seconds, (@Enderdonut, use 'em :P) but in all truth, it's not overpowered, it's like using an instant health 2 potion.
Jump boost I'm fine with, as well as haste+Health boost, but nausea and blindness just ruin it. If you give someone blindness and nausea, they can become literally near useless, so it's for certain people will just spam those out.
Pros to blindness and nausea-
*People will actually make debuff potions
*People under attack are no longer as near useless
*Even effects the best of raiders
*As said, economy sinkhole, may steady out slightly, which is good

Cons to blindness and nausea-
*Everyone will have like 4 of them at all times
*Will annoy players more than anything, renders even decent raiders to near useless as long as you use those potions plus a bow

I wouldn't mind seeing them gone, but in all seriousness, I don't PVP on Massivecraft, it does not have a huge affect on me.
Blindness only puts your render distance on tiny, and haste does let you click faster, it takes away part of the built in click delay in mc.

I have as well. /inspect benalex144. Massive would be better without McMMO.
Not without something similar to fill its place. Vanilla pvp is dull, and without much variety. Its all swords and god armor, and from there its a skill and latency contest. MCMMO allows for different avenues of strategy.

Blindness only puts your render distance on tiny, and haste does let you click faster, it takes away part of the built in click delay in mc.
Blindness also actually stops you from sprinting, according to the minecraft wiki. and adds some depth fog. It makes it hard to see, but not impossible unless you have a night vision potion in effect

The reason for the delay in the release of Alchemy was that a huge amount of testing was done to determine if any of the potions needed to be removed before release. What was found was that the durations of these potions were short enough, that although they could allow different strategies for combat, they would not totally unbalance PVP. The staff will continue to watch to see if someone comes up with a strategy that unbalances PVP and take appropriate action at that point.

The reason for the delay in the release of Alchemy was that a huge amount of testing was done to determine if any of the potions needed to be removed before release. What was found was that the durations of these potions were short enough, that although they could allow different strategies for combat, they would not totally unbalance PVP. The staff will continue to watch to see if someone comes up with a strategy that unbalances PVP and take appropriate action at that point.
thanks yendor :3

The absorption/resistance buff wasn´t what made god apples op. It was the regeneration IV which regenerated half a heart every 6 ticks (50/2^3 rounded down), which is 1.5 hearts per second (at 18 tps, max is 20 tps btw). That is equal to a instant health 1 splash every second for 30 seconds. If you combine that with god armor then you have someone who is nearly invincible for 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.