Alania Vanta-as-eruana - She Of Careful Vigil

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by CharmedHexes, Jul 30, 2021.

1. CharmedHexes

CharmedHexes Refugee

Alania Vanta-as-Eruana
    "The Vindicator of Nakh"
    image.png

Female
    Maelii Sihndar (Has Mutations)
    Inventory: Coin Pouch with 50r, cutlass, khoptar, pen knife, spellbook
    [​IMG]

image.png
    Basic Info

Skills
    (5 Unused)

Sword Combat 20 (15 + 5 Racial) [Khoptar & Cutlass]
    Sailing 10 (Hobby) [Altalar Peth’sella]
    Animal Husbandry 5
    Perception Training 5
    Heavy Ranged Combat 4
    Instrument Art 4
    Dancing Art 2
    Composition Art 1

Languages
    Sihndar Altalar
    Common

Modern Altalar (3 point-buy)

Abilities
    Residues of Cataclysm (Racial Passive)
    Embrace of the Spider Queen (Racial Passive)
    Dryder Form (Racial Shift)
    Embrace of Tainting (Racial Spell)
    Lording of Ranth (Racial Spell)
    Heavy Shot (Heavy Ranged Ability)

Wall Climb 3 (Roguery Buy | 3)
    Rogue Gift 4 (Roguery Buy |3)

Mutations (Residues of the Cataclysm:
    Void Horns
    Exist Ocular
    Exist Purify
    Exist Tears

Body Calculation: 30
    Build Type: Athletic

image.png
    Visual Information
    Eye Color: Arctic Blue
    Hair Color: White (Dyed Black At Times)
    Hair Style: Bun behind her head with a braided strand of hair in front
    Skin Color: Purple
    Clothing: Sailing clothes and dresses
    Height: 6'3" (190.5cm)

Alania Face Comm (2).jpg
    [​IMG]
    image.png
    Personality

• How would you express Happiness and Contentedness?
      • Happiness is the feeling of performing your Demand and coming back to your home for nightfall to celebrate with your friends and kin. Playing a sword song, eating your final meal of the night. Contentedness comes from the feeling that you are doing good, and that such will help the homeland.
    • How would you respond to experiencing Fear?
      • Fear is but a dark disease that begins in the pit of your stomach. An illness that is easy to contract or be rid of. Fear has no place among the strong, except when it is simply stress that was mislabeled. Fear should be ignored, repressed. It keeps us from being stoic and at best is a tool to rally others to your cause, in prevention of crises.
    • How would you respond to experiencing Stress?
      • Stress is but a test of will. To combat it, you seek friends, family, and compatriots. Together, through your own work and any small comforts of them, stress is combatted. While healthy, a part of life, stress in volatile amounts is deadly and should always be fought off as if it were a void demon.
    • How does your character view Law and Authorities?
      • Authority is to always be respected, though perhaps law not always followed when they are but petty laws. The truest law to me is but that of Drowda. It pretains to my people, even if they have left it. Nakh will always be offered rehabilitation, and if they are true traitors they will be dealt with. When interacting with the other races that are not with the Northern Taint, it is always best to respect local law.
    • How does your character feel about Races other than their own?
      • The other races of Aloria need protected, sheltered from the Void and Exist. These corruptions plague many, and will not be tolerated. Ailors, Songaskia, and Qadir are all fine, plagued by their own mental issues. Asha will have my respect and mutual enjoyment, ever proud to fight amongst them. Any Kathar, Vampire, Werebeast, things that race is not a part of. They are the true banes of this world, working with foul corruptions of Exist and Void.
    • How does your character feel about Religion for themselves, and other faiths?
      • Religion is but part of creed. Us Sihndar do not have a god or goddess, and instead revere the sky and the Spider Queen. For she was sent by Estel, who Altalar shun and Cielothar worship. It is the Elven Pantheon that we see, for the will of the Spirit might simply be the collective will of Ailor. The Old Gods could well be gods of the Elves given new names. Void worship, Exist worship, and similar though. Idolization of folk heroes rather than leaders, that is all mad. Utter stupidity that does more harm than good.
    • How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?
      • Magic is not for the Sihndar outside the homeland. Too often, it uses the very corruption of this world as a fuel source. Thus, it is a disgusting tool. Only those of the best mind as I have seen, or when separating the spellcasting from whence it comes forth can truly use it well, or at least in a way that does not demand they be purged as with the Corruption itself. To those few that can, I commend them. To the many who cannot, I will find you.
    • How does your character feel towards their family?
      • Family amongst the Sihndar is but a concept. Intermixed with the tribe you make. Away from Drowda, in my home of Ma'ella I still have those who birthed me, or at least that is my hope. In the lands away, I make family with the friends I make. From them I will find happiness and kinship. Every night enjoying company, celebrating the very thing that is life.
    • What is your character the most proud of about themselves?
      • I am proud Ranth. For I bring salvation to those who have disgraced themselves. I work to discover who of our kind are traitors, and who are those who have fallen and are in need of the tests once more, to rekindle their bond and continue their proper Demand. Examinations are what decides someone's life, and I am proud to carry them out with the utmost care when making sure my people are well.
    • What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?
      • The betterment of mine own life is of little matter. I serve my people, and we as a whole. Not all Nakh have fallen willingly. To me, aiding those who have fallen, clearing their name, and giving the proper examinations to return them to the proper Demands is my duty. The title "Vindicator of Nakh" was gained by pursuing those that have led others of my kind to fall, and quickly ending their schemes. The feeling of purpose those who were formerly Nakh gain is what moves me forward day-to-day.
    • What is your character's biggest insecurity?
      • I cannot divulge that! Such is a secret of mine, tying back to my travels about Daendroc and living amongst the Cielothar peoples to root out Exist worship among those loyal to Estel.
    • What is your character's biggest fear?
      • My biggest fear is that which might be common amongst all of my race. The tearing of the veils between our world and others, the overflooding of various corruptions into our world in which we exist, and the ending of life on Aloria. Similarly, Nakh who truly do betray our kin are also a fear. What informations they might divulge, what powers they can strip from us. What they could do to cause damage to this world.
    View attachment 175853
    Life Story

0-15: Born in the year 206, early in the year when winter was still raging throughout much of the rest of the world, Alania was about as common as any other Sihndar living in the homeland. Born to a father who was of Ellatril and a mother of Maelii. She was raised well within her hold and lived a blessed childhood, at least perhaps for a Sihndar. Rarely running into hardship beyond that of custom, her diplomatic mother and policing father made sure to raise her properly, as well as instill an idea of care and that the homeland must be protected, from both itself and others. A quick study of combat, she learned the performing arts of her people and came to love it. As she came of age to be given her Khoptar, she treated it as well as she ever could. She altered the curvature of the blade, making it have a more abrupt dip, slightly further down the blade. Keeping the brass handle, she used a black leather to wrap the handle, almost as though the burning heat the handle would gather about itself from being exposed to sun all day to her was a manifestation of her burning desire to do good amongst her people. Learning to be good with word and ever an empath, even to those over a century old, the young Alania was often one that even battle hardened Markht traveling away from the northern lands and instead farther south to where Alania's hold was. Ever optimistic back then, many would smile upon her and her intense belief that all would prevail for Sihndar kind, and against the Exist and Void both.

15 - 30: From a childhood such as this, it was little wonder to those around her, and yet a great surprise to herself, that she was given the Demand of Ranth. Training for several years with elders, she worked to better understand the world, the conniving natures of some nefarious groups, and when to intervene. Learning of the Exist and Void, and understanding them as corruptions and horrors of worlds outside our own, by her twentieth year she sailed out. By this time, the Regalian Empire raged forth in its expansions of the world. Rather than push herself into their lands, subjugating herself to not only stigma of being an elf, but also of a Sihndar, to be called a "Shadow Elf," hurt immensely. To be called such, to what is to Alania a plague, similar to Vampirism and Werebeasts, was not what she enjoyed. So outwards, into lands of the old Allorn did she venture. Initial travels sent her to the lands of Suvial Altalar. Already some seventy-years after the Dread Empire had initially attempted to capture the lands. Alania met with what small pockets of Sihndar groups she could, working on rumor alone and travel. While a Ranth, she still at times took it upon herself to fight the Void, especially Kathar void cults. She took to this with difficulty, and at times many nights were spent with various hosts who would offer her shelter, resting off injuries of the previous day. Not meeting much purpose here, Alania ended up leaving after only ten years.

30 - 60: At sea, she began to travel with a band of Sihndar sailors. The only Ranth on board a ship of thirty Sihndar, she uneasily took her first position of leadership. Merely in her thirties, she was one of the few of her kind to display her age as though humans might see it. Working alongside Markht, Eevth, and Ovolh. As the years continued, her sailing ship sailed from port to port, spreading the word of the People of Drowda, purging lands of covens of vampires, void cults, and the occasional exist perfectionist cult, it was seemingly with only a gritting of teeth that over time did they being to accept non-Sihndar into their ranks, at least to replenish stores of combatants they had lost to combat or disease. Their ship never had a name, instead simply flying a flag dyed with blue and red stripes, as purple was too expensive for these meager living folk to afford. At times, pirates attacked, or nations would be cruel. At times like this, Alania took a nearly sick satisfaction in honing the craft of revenge without violence, except to give a final mercy to the heads who had initially wronged her crew.

60-100: As time went on, Alania had become a mistress of sailing, the ship effectively hers in all but property deed. The floating hold by her sixties had only but three Sihndar left, and upon council of the other two, it was decided that Alania's crew would return to Drowda, those returning home including even the various humans and Isldar who had joined in the thirty years at sea. As a final act as the ship's captain, Alania gave the responsibility of caretaking and education of matters within Drwoda to those surviving few Sihndar of her crew, entrusting them to treat the outsiders well before taking a small trip back to her hometown hold in the center of the landmass. Spending but only a few days back home, and only two weeks back in Drowda itself, she dared not overstay and risk betraying her Demand. Hearing from elsewhere that the westernlands south of Drowda rather than between Ellador, Jorrhild, the Cains, and the Skags. Farther south she sailed, no longer having to avoid the human empire of Regalia, and instead traveling Daendroc at about the same time of missionaries and colonizers. Rather than concern herself with humans though, Alania began seeking out kin who had been in the lands for ages now and began gathering them, moving them towards more elfin settlements amongst Cielothar. There, they remained for many years. With the help of Eevth, Sihndar and Cielothar co-existed, worshiping Estel or her messenger, the Spider Queen. Together, they took to purging exist cults and vampires alike from the lands. Never too privy to the acts of men, it has only been within the past two decades, starting in 290 that Alania took interest in the cultures of Man. Present in human holds as a few of her Anth defended human settlements amidst the Bone Horror Crisis, her group became marauders against both the chaotic wastes that became Daenshore, throughout the coast of the Daen lands in truth, as Alania had taken to sailing once more to skip over more dangerous lands. As time began to go on, and Daen once more became peaceful, Alania took the cues and removed herself. Implanting the Sihndar she had known for forty years to move into Allorn lands and do their best to guide them or even have to fight them against using the very corruption that is Exist and Void. To avoid becoming what the old Allorn had, and to never resort to the level of the Dread Empire.

100-103: Knowing in a century of life how former empires can be, and seeing and hearing the state of Regalia, Alania knew she could not stand by and let the Regalian empire assume a dark path before itself as the empires of Elves have. Over these next three years, with her Altalar Peth’sella that she has called the Dread Bane, her Khoptar whose name she cannot give, and a form of beauty that hides the many scars of battle she has endured for her people. Three years of registration, living in the city of Narlas, in the county of the same name. Finally a citizen of Regalia, she arrived there this past week, the last of July. At night, singing and playing her sword song. Trying to stabalize, and to search for the Sihndar of the city. To make sure they are at least well, combatting the forces of corruption and to the betterment of her people, as well as the empire they reside in while here.

Attached Files:

#1 CharmedHexes, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  2. Follower

Follower :3c Staff Member Roleplay Staff

@CharmedHexes Hello, I've claimed this application for Review, and will get back to you in twenty four hours.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Follower

Follower :3c Staff Member Roleplay Staff