Archived Airships

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

1000phoenix

Master of IMPs
Reaction score
Faction
Stigmata
Roleplay Guilds
Stigmata
1000phoenix here again with another idea. Im sure if youve read every article in the wiki about the lore or just aimlessly wandered about the wiki page you would have stumbled upon the airships in the textbook section. Thinking about this earlier I had an idea similar to the airships in Ellador. Why not allow factions create an airship with a portal to their factions? Of course there would have to be a few rules put in place to help regulate this and i've thought of this too.

1. Factions who are interested in an airship route must apply for it.

2. Applying faction must have a dock and airship already planned out.

3. Airships are not for the purpose of raiding.

As stated every applying faction must have an airship and dock ready and built. But if that system is too much there can be airships leading to different parts of the map like in Ellador. I'm unsure why there isn't more airships but if there's a reason then understand...I know nothing about that.

Benefits:
This idea will allow for more RP factions to pop up and more Rp availability outside of Regalia. Transportation of goods and easier transportation.

Cons:
No matter how good a system is and how protected the admins make it there will always be someone that finds away around the rules. Don't shoot the messenger.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
First issue; grief. If this is within Ellador, or spawn, any noob may rush onto your land. Not only that, but then quickly run outside your borders and destroy the beautiful land. Another con is that enemy players can just demolish you and any other player the moment they pass through the portal because it is a faction land, which you already mentioned above, but it will happen to a worse extent as players of that normal faction if neutral can demolish players who just want to pass through.

First issue; grief. If this is within Ellador, or spawn, any noob may rush onto your land. Not only that, but then quickly run outside your borders and destroy the beautiful land. Another con is that enemy players can just demolish you and any other player the moment they pass through the portal because it is a faction land, which you already mentioned above, but it will happen to a worse extent as players of that normal faction if neutral can demolish players who just want to pass through.
From what ive seen Moderators/ admins can revert land back to the natural way it was. as for the rest of it please refer to rule 3 which is a suggested rule for the admins to enforce if they choose to do so. (if implemented)

From what ive seen Moderators/ admins can revert land back to the natural way it was. as for the rest of it please refer to rule 3 which is a suggested rule for the admins to enforce if they choose to do so. (if implemented)
Actually, moderators can only do it in newer worlds (any world created past ithania, I beleive) so they can't do it on daen or ellador.

Couldn't people just locate their portal rooms inside of an airship already...
I forgot to mention this would be portals connecting to Regalia. As in an airship dock connecting Regalia to factions. Chronicler caught that when they posted.

Actually, moderators can only do it in newer worlds (any world created past ithania, I beleive) so they can't do it on daen or ellador.
And Ellador has airships. Thats how I got to where my faction is located in the north of Ellador.

Last edited:
Moved to Feature & Idea Discussion

That'd get rather cluttered very quickly.
Kinda figured that would be a problem so I came up with a two backbup suggestions.

1. Airships in regalia that lead to general areas in the other lands.
Or
2. something similar to whats going on in ellador with a floating dock system in its own world but still connected to regalia.

Im going to try and re-explain this idea. Since someone slapped me with a disagree and reminded me about this idea. This idea is mainly to help facilitate rp factions by connecting them someway to regalia. I figured this would be a good way to connect the rp factions since airships are in the lore.