Archived /afk Plugin!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

The Huntsman
Reaction score
Faction
Sylvan
Hello people of Massivecraft!

Tired of sending a message to people not knowing if they are AFK? Tired of missing messages? I, Billy Mays believe I have found a [better] way to help lost messages!

I have played on other multiple servers that have include this plugin, and it is actually very simple!

How does this work?

Using
Write /afk and server will broadcast "player_name is now AFK" message. If you move, type this command again, or type something into chat, the server broadcasts the opposite message "player_name is no longer AFK". If player is AFK, his/her name is gray in a player list.

If you want to use Afk Time you must add {TIME} key.

7ae132b0b63698c465db6ab970b90552d6450f86463233a3c77b1d8a198b3378.jpg

Now, I know what some of you are thinking. "I don't want to be spammed with the "player_name is now AFK" message. I am sure this is a way our fellow mods can remove that broadcast, though it can still be used.
After typing /afk and someone messages you, the message will respond with "player_name is AFK" therefor you understand they are AFK, and they do not recieve your message.

Perhaps, and this is just a sub-idea, you only see the "player_name is now AFK" broadcast inside of your FRIENDS LIST, just a sub-idea.

Want to know how to use it? Click here!

bugst.png
Known Bugs
Animals/Players can cancle your AFK status by pushing you.

And that is my idea! Tell me what you think?

Want to check out the bukkit website?
Click

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hmm, how would this help local/emote chat during role-plays? I, for one, know that during role-plays, I'll start role-playing with someone that happens to be afk. Would there be a way to help in the role-play chats?

Perhaps their name simply turns grey? Instead of displaying a public message although it should display a automatic response when a played has designatedthem self or been idle long enough to be deemed afk when they receive a /msg from another player

Personally i believe typing ((afk)) or setting your nick to "afk such and such" works fine.

I think their IG tag should be crossed out, I know a server where when an admin uses /afk their User is crossed out in the tab list. This also shows their name in message crossed out as well, or teleport, and so on and so forth.

I think their IG tag should be crossed out, I know a server where when an admin uses /afk their User is crossed out in the tab list. This also shows their name in message crossed out as well, or teleport, and so on and so forth.
Well the tab list does not show everyplayer due to hundreds of players

All of this is highly possible in a plugin but it would have to be custom made for Massive due to the custom chat plugin that's in use

/c leave afk

This is a good idea but I think everyone will just /c leave it as soon as possible, and no one will use the actual afk command.

I'd rather people thought I was alert and on duty than asleep on the job ;)

Perhaps their name simply turns grey? Instead of displaying a public message although it should display a automatic response when a played has designatedthem self or been idle long enough to be deemed afk when they receive a /msg from another player

Personally i believe typing ((afk)) or setting your nick to "afk such and such" works fine.

I like your actual idea about you setting the status as AFK and autoreplying to anyone who messages you with "Hey, I'm AFK." or something like that. As well, turning the name grey would not help at all for most uses despite possibly Roleplay which is not where this is most needed as if you are close enough to see someone, you can tell if they are AFK or just not seeing your message as you should be getting the same spam as them and watching how their body is limp.

I like your actual idea about you setting the status as AFK and autoreplying to anyone who messages you with "Hey, I'm AFK." or something like that. As well, turning the name grey would not help at all for most uses despite possibly Roleplay which is not where this is most needed as if you are close enough to see someone, you can tell if they are AFK or just not seeing your message as you should be getting the same spam as them and watching how their body is limp.
Indeed i see your point about the colour change being useless thanks for that :3

This used to be something the server had. Never was announced why it was removed. I miss it so I support this.

Last edited:

But what if you aren't near them to see the afk above their head?

Status
Not open for further replies.