Archived Adding A Knife-fighting Combat School

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Last_Link

Dont be that guy
Reaction score
Faction
Oak
Kingdom
The Federation
So, I'm not gonna make this too long or overly complicated. There's not a school dedicated solely to using knives, I think that this really stinks because a lot of players have characters that only use knives or daggers.

Sure there's schools that mention the use of knives in passing but there's no school that focuses mainly on daggers or knives. So your character using a knife has to go through a school that mainly focuses on using swords to learn how to use their little blade. Its just rather awkward. That or they have to also fit the criteria of a thief that like grappling hooks.

The way I see it, if there's schools dedicated just to fists, lances, and fish hooks why isn't there one dedicated to knives?

Also there's only one dagger mentioned in the weapon section on the wiki. Whereas swords have like 15 pages.

Show knives some love bruh

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Turral and Stealthmark both have the option of training and specilizing in knife's. Dual wielding them Turall, single one Stealthmark.

Going to a combat school just to learn how to use a dagger seems like an incredible waste of Regals and time. You won't beat any kind of trained fighter unless they are unarmed or unaware, no matter your level of training. Unless the knife training is adding to something like a school for assassination or acrobatic combat or whatever, your training can be done at home against a log.

Besides the schools that I mention above, why would you want to specilize in using a knife or a dagger when they're suppose to be side arms. Like last resort weapons.

Besides the schools that I mention above, why would you want to specilize in using a knife or a dagger when they're suppose to be side arms. Like last resort weapons.
Why would you go to a school to learn how to use your fists then? Or just a shield? Or a fishing hook?

Its a fantasy server meant for fun, and the combat school reflect this. If this was realistic everyone would just be carrying a spear.

We are currently not looking for anymore combat schools, I cannot cite the exact number, but I believe it's between 15 and 20 combat schools we have already? And before it is brought up, the School of Jeannarc was added to provide a combat school that women could utilize that parallels the shield and sword niche which was exclusive to men. But for a common dagger, the School of Stealthmark actually teaches dagger combat, I would recommend taking a look.

https://wiki.massivecraft.com/School_of_Stealthmark