Archived Add /f Access Rank And /f Access Auto

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Arvallon

Arvanion Cyladhras of Avallónë
Reaction score
The idea is quite simple.
The command /f access allows you to give either a single player or an intire faction access to a particular chunk. With the addition of setting ranks to chunks one could create public chunks for a specific rank. Note that player set permissions overrule rank set permissions. And rank set permissions overrule faction set permissions.

The access auto would work similar like /f claim auto. This is a much needed adition to the /f access rank command.

Now what would this give us?:

- We can now add another layer of protection to our beloved factions.
- It is easier to provide faction resources to ranks with specific permissions.
- You need to spend less time assigning new players to public plots and removing them.
- Players that join the faction/leave the faction are automaticcaly assigned/unassigned from such plots.

Now how will this restrict us?:

The only thing I believe is that it will make the command itself more complicated to use. (more commands more complex...) But other than that I think it would only provide us with easier means to protect our factions.

I also like to note that this could work well with the addition of more ranks. They already made a topic on that. It was there that something like this was suggested and as a result I provide a more dedicated page to it.

So... what do you think? Would this over do it? Or would this give you the final peice you need to secure your faction from internal destruction?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would suggest that we not only have /f access auto, but also radius, fill, and the other claim aliases.

I guess that would just add the person/rank/faction to all your claims.
As I would assume as well. I was just wondering whether or not it was in the same group of aliases as the rest of them… Since it wasn't mentioned. I was more thinking the "all" would be better used to remove a specific person from all claims. I think that would be used more often than adding somebody to every chunk

Perhaps something that may come in handy is a /f access map (p,r,f)
Although showing a list of all player specific plots could run out of hand to properly code...
The ranks and factions could still provide a proper overview of who has claimed where.

This command will only show your factions claimed land and use differnt symbols for the different players/ranks/factions similar to how it would show for /f map with the factions. Not sure if I explained this properly enough. But I hope you get the idea ;3

As I would assume as well. I was just wondering whether or not it was in the same group of aliases as the rest of them… Since it wasn't mentioned. I was more thinking the "all" would be better used to remove a specific person from all claims. I think that would be used more often than adding somebody to every chunk
Sounds like a good idea. And definatly worth adding in. I wasn't actualy certaint about adding those other options in fear that it might over do the suggestion. But if you all think it would only improve it. Then sure, why not? ;3

going to tag @Madus to request he either judge to add this to to the to-do list or reject it. I don't understand half of the suggestion because I don't handle faction commands much.

/f access, could be much better than it currently is. We have plans to rework it at some point, but I can't guarantee when. We have had many suggestions on how to improve it, this being one of them, and hopefully we can use all those suggestions to make some awesome new commands.
We have many things to do, some more important than others. MassiveLock will realistically take most of our time the next 2-4 weeks. After that I won't be too specific as nothing is set in stone. This could be done within the next few months, but I really won't guarantee anything, sometimes urgent things pop up and our plans change drastically.

All of that you say madus is very understandable. I will be patiënt till the time comes. I thank you and marty both for looking into this.
I hope we can make this as awesome as possible. Il see if I can come up with some aditional ideas. Its pretty late right now so il do this later ;p

ps: Good job on being more open about what is currently being worked on. It really helps! Thank you all!

All of that you say madus is very understandable. I will be patiënt till the time comes. I thank you and marty both for looking into this.
I hope we can make this as awesome as possible. Il see if I can come up with some aditional ideas. Its pretty late right now so il do this later ;p

ps: Good job on being more open about what is currently being worked on. It really helps! Thank you all!
I really don't think it is necessary for you to come up with more ideas. We have had plenty of input on this topic and we will also discuss it with various staff members before coding it.
You may try to come up with something new, but unless you really want to spare yourself the time.

Perhaps something that may not specifically have been thought of.
Although it could use a dedicated command or even a topic to discuss. It may be noted that darkrooms are ever more increasingly difficult to build with massive restore now enabled on all worlds. Only if you guys find it worth the option to add a special rank that 'once given access to', the chunk allows mobs to spawn in the chunk.

I don't know if flags can be bypassed like this. But I thought it might be worth to point out as an aditional feature that could be considered. Perhaps an addon that can be introduced after the core idea works.

ps: don't see it as just for darkrooms... who knows what mobs in claimed parts of the faction can be used for.

Perhaps something that may not specifically have been thought of.
Although it could use a dedicated command or even a topic to discuss. It may be noted that darkrooms are ever more increasingly difficult to build with massive restore now enabled on all worlds. Only if you guys find it worth the option to add a special rank that 'once given access to', the chunk allows mobs to spawn in the chunk.

I don't know if flags can be bypassed like this. But I thought it might be worth to point out as an aditional feature that could be considered. Perhaps an addon that can be introduced after the core idea works.

ps: don't see it as just for darkrooms... who knows what mobs in claimed parts of the faction can be used for.
So chunk specific flags?

So chunk specific flags?

While I support the above, I also especially support this idea. It would make it possible to have public storage areas without giving non-ranking members access to things such as building in areas they shouldn't, while still preventing them from going on a faction wide steal-spree