Adapting Existing Characters To The Lore?

SCARAKUNI_06

Refugee
Reaction score
Apologies if this is the wrong section for this post. It didn't seem like the characters section was meant for inquiries.

But would anyone have tips for adapting an existing original character to better fit the lore?

Specifically:

- human characters who's hair and eye colours don't match any of the available options for human races (unnatural colours)

- adjusting or altering names to fit naming conventions

I'd prefer not to completely alter the visual design (in terms of colours), but I'm not sure if using other methods (like that one piece of information about about alchemy potions for hair colour changes on the wiki) would be considered using loopholes to skirt around design rules?

As for names, do you find it easier to create names from scratch, or are the naming conventions rules lenient enough that you can re-spell or slightly alter the pronunciation of an existing name to fit?

The name I was thinking of is Litchiri, which could be spelled a myriad different ways (Litcheeri, Lycheeri etc) but I can't really tell if it fits any of the human races naming conventions at all.

Hello, and welcome!

I would suggest you pose this question in the Discord as opposed to the forums. Maybe make a post in the help channel. The forums aren't too terribly active anymore.

As for unnatural hair and eye colors, there do exist mutation in the lore. You could say your character was mutated in some way, giving them unnatural colors.

Unusual hair colors are possible through both magical and mundane means, but unusual eye colors may well cause difficulty for you. The reason is because most "supernatural" statuses (Afflictions, Affinities, Arkenborn, etc) are shown through the eyes. For example, if your character has red eyes, other characters will consider them a vampire. However, if your character has blue hair, that's something they can explain through magic or alchemy (though some characters might still give them funny looks.)

Naming conventions are pretty lenient, though it is recommended to choose a name that suits your character's origin. This isn't strictly required, but it helps others get an idea of your character. Litchiri would be a bit of an unusual human name, but not one that would be disallowed. You could perhaps say that your character had a non-human parent or was raised in another place if you'd prefer. But overall, I think it would be fine.

New Hello, and welcome!

I would suggest you pose this question in the Discord as opposed to the forums. Maybe make a post in the help channel. The forums aren't too terribly active anymore.

As for unnatural hair and eye colors, there do exist mutation in the lore. You could say your character was mutated in some way, giving them unnatural colors.

New Unusual hair colors are possible through both magical and mundane means, but unusual eye colors may well cause difficulty for you. The reason is because most "supernatural" statuses (Afflictions, Affinities, Arkenborn, etc) are shown through the eyes. For example, if your character has red eyes, other characters will consider them a vampire. However, if your character has blue hair, that's something they can explain through magic or alchemy (though some characters might still give them funny looks.)

Naming conventions are pretty lenient, though it is recommended to choose a name that suits your character's origin. This isn't strictly required, but it helps others get an idea of your character. Litchiri would be a bit of an unusual human name, but not one that would be disallowed. You could perhaps say that your character had a non-human parent or was raised in another place if you'd prefer. But overall, I think it would be fine.

Thanks for the replies!
After thinking it over I think I will probably go for a different character who is easier to adapt to the lore! I wasn't aware about the eye colour lore bit, that's very interesting.

Also, where can I find the discord link? I wasn't aware there was one so I'm not sure where to look.

Thanks for the replies!
After thinking it over I think I will probably go for a different character who is easier to adapt to the lore! I wasn't aware about the eye colour lore bit, that's very interesting.

Also, where can I find the discord link? I wasn't aware there was one so I'm not sure where to look.
Sure thing!
The Discord invite can be found here. It's a great place to ask questions, chat about your character, find roleplay, and get to know other players. There's also a Help section and a ticket bot which you can use to get help from more experienced players or Staff.