Action In Faith, Belief In Duty

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by SpunSugar, Jan 11, 2022.

1. SpunSugar

SpunSugar Audacity Vendor

[​IMG]

Action in Faith, Belief in Duty

I send this call out to call good Unionists who share in my fervent belief that our faith should manifest itself not just in prayers. Faith grows by works of faith and thereby every unionist can encourage the belief of others through deeds as well as words. Nor should our faith be one that is left on a shelf to be on display but never in action. As the city heals its wounds from the sanguine scourge that left all of us shaken - it is time to give praise to that holy and righteous power that guided our hand in delivering our salvation.

I implore all those who possess wealth to remember not only their own private faiths, but the pride that we all should have in the gift of stewardship. The blessed few who have been empowered by the throne to act as leaders in our Empire have the honor of administering for the public good and in their service we find satisfaction in our station.

We are full of habits and sometimes empty actions. We devise that we must meddle, and have things in our own way, until the sacrifices and virtues of society are considered tedious when they should be envigorating. Love and service to those in need should make joy; but benevolence is viewed by these same people as wearisome. We pain ourselves to please no one because the thought of connection to those we must help most is seen as beneath us. But there are natural ways of arriving at the same ends, but people reject for lack of effort and creativity. Why should all virtue work in the same way?

They that have not riches; but nobles and merchants have; let them give them. Farmers will give food to the needy; poets will sing to those in sorrow; laborers will lend a hand to that which must be fixed; the children will bring flowers to remind us all that our lives will bloom and fade. In like manner the effect of every action is measured by the depth of the sentiment from which it proceeds.

So now I send the call for each Unionist now to give of their own talents in support of the temples of Unionism, the celerial ministries, and in turn, their Empire. So that faith may continue to be fed and nourished within the very heart of Regalia. Let us build up temples to all of our God Emperors and Empresses, chapels, monuments, and community spaces to the Heroes of Unionism. Let us turn this city into a marvel for those who desire to celebrate the faith!

I personally promise a weighty donation for this effort, and implore those of you who espouse Unionism, the good of your fellow man, and the faith of the Everwatcher, to do the same. Earmark your donations to these projects when you send them along to the Lord Chancellor to realize the vision here in Regalia.

Let us bring light into the darkness, joy where there is sadness, and hope where there is despair.

Arless Genevieve Howlester

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1