Across The Ocean Blue

5HYNGmceRvgXtcJzPbavhuedJVOUFLGYKEZCGLcdNXI4nyBPRrXJjQeYRTNYmFAgKNb2YH7pN8rQvgb8peuop0Vea50wsMrXteTtpoRbVlIxKy84vjGtEpqv0RLaKLFeZjbSX37v

"Like a lighthouse to a sailing ship, your presence is what calls my soul home."
lybOlIsGqJTwOrnc2uHcaiC3AIDeaYjveur8CXmDEc5KDni-hq_yQgI9WTOWC5ZktJFiWXVFOxfQ9e1sJiNf2Aee6ke6dAPWC63sY3Hl4ovNmGglIzNBF8kwz1H5RZOO1-w5V2nW
The waves crashed against the weather-worn ship as it was guided along. At the helm was the captain, a rugged man with salt and pepper hair and a glint in his eyes. This was the type of man one would want carrying precious cargo through even the worst of storms. And certainly the type of sailor one would want if they feared sea travel.

Such was the case for Seraphina as she leaned against the railing of the ship, her knuckles white with tension as she cast her sapphire eyes over the waves. She had faith in the man, and yet it did not settle her old fears of drowning. Drowning, flailing, her lungs filling with water and never to breathe another breath of fresh air again. Never to see her smiling face again.

The Imperialized Avanthar firmly shook her head and clenched her fingers tighter around the wood of the railing.

"Can't think of that. She's better off without you, Phina. Get her out of your head." She chastised herself as she moved to rest her forehead against the railing. Her fingers traced over the pattern of the wood, slow puffs of air escaping her as she contemplated what brought her to this very moment. Recalling past summer days of strolling beside her and having the utter pleasure of even being offered a second glance, let alone as much time she had been gifted, even if the time had been borrowed.

Borrowed time was something she was all too familiar with. It was only a matter of time before someone found out again and she was dragged out into the open to get what they believed she deserved. Beatings, whippings.

"Even as I sail back to the place of my birth, I am not able to escape the ghosts that haunt me it seems." She rumbled gently, lifting her head from the railing and once more gazing out across the sea.

The woman fell silent once more, attempting to focus firmly on the waves that crashed and rocked the boat from side to side. And yet, no matter how hard she tried, she simply thought of the one she had left behind.

"I will never leave your side."

Her own words slithered through her mind. Words spoken in the heat of the moment on a sandy beach to calm her fears of the future. And yet she had broken such a promise. She had indeed left her, not forever, but even still the partial break had hurt her. And yet, she deserved the hurt. It was only fair for what she had done. For what she was sailing to do.

Seraphina gently pulled a leatherbound journal from her satchel. Opening the pages carefully, her fingers gently fluttered over the pressed flower that was between the pages.

"Away, away I sail, my heart… Away from your embrace, away from your love. Away, away I sail, my dear. Away from what is to come and what will be," She softly sang, "And yet away away, I will soon return, to embrace you, to love you as I always have done."