Archived Access To Metablocks

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loewe2011

Dùnedain (Ranger of the North)
Reaction score
Faction
Nùmenor
953ca6_4887912.jpg

{------------!We want Meta!------------}

Hey peeps,

i would like to suggest to add a plugin, which allows us players to use the Metablocks of a Resourcepack (Definition: Metablocks are Data values of certain blocks. They allow it to fully define the block. It doesnt replace the block, it just adds more and various blocks to the existing one)
e.g.
The Block "Cobweb" is also available as "animated Smoke, swarm of Flies, Rope or Chain".
Those allow us to go deeper with our creative possibilities in the Architecture of Massivecraft for normal factions/soloplayer and creates a more realistic/atmospheric world!

6YAW0kk.jpg

Here is an example list of metablocks:

reference.jpg

And with a simple plugin, we can be granted to use them to enhance the minecraft experience on Massivecraft and redefine the architecture scenery to make it more Realistic/Atmospheric/Detailed and finally to add the purpose of each City/Castle/Town/Village to its own uniqueness.

For example, the plugin "Monster Blocks", allows the player using a tool (Can be a stick e.g.) which is configurable by the admin. By simply rightclicking, while your holding the tool, and leftclicking you can change the looks and the direction of the block. Well, i guess Cayorion would never implement that plugin, probably he would rather develop it by himself than doin' that haha :P. I hope, if this suggestion gets a huge positive Feedback from the community and staffmembers, something like that will be merged with the MassiveCraft universe.

peace out 8-)

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I actually enjoy this idea a lot! The amount of varied builds and detail this can add to the builds in Aloria is impressive, and we can actually have smoke from volcanoes and chimneys, war rooms that actually look like armories, if you did editing to carpet you could place it on walls like a picture frame for hanging banners or artwork, etc.

Not only does it add an almost entirely new world of variety to build structures, it'll make it a lot easier on World staff to build more realistic and believable structures in new worlds and Regalia as well.

Just imagine a chest block you can design to look like a book shelf to keep your books on....

Indeed, indeed, well World staffmember have access to worldedit and terraincontroll (i believe thats the correct word?), so this would be not that auxiliary for them. This suggestion was commemorated for the normal players on the server who dont have access to those plugins. The only "metablock" which is atm available for us via votingrewards (Tradegoods 10% Chance) are the "16 x Produce Crates".

Last edited:
As I already made same thread, and talked to yendor, this is the Bukkit plugin, give time to yendor to configure it for Massive Core.

While I am no good builder, I believe this is something that can greatly aid a range of members in really taking their building skills to the next level. Hopefully, this can help elevate the quality of architecture around Aloria and make building a more engaging endeavour. Though it appears that perhaps there is going to be some form of implementation from Phrowenia's comment..

@Oxoman
Haha, damn right!(clap) I was waiting for a comment like that: Just like you said, it should encourage the creativity of players and show them the bigger picture of Minecrafts Capability.

I think that this is a good idea but do the blocks still act the same? For example do the spider webs still slow you down if they look like rope.

Heres a video which shows a lil part of the example list above, in-game:

@Lamdax yes they do, but as i said, this thread is about to gettin access to metablocks for "normal players",

@Loewe2011This is what threw me off. I thought you were suggesting adding a plugin that does this.
It would most likely require a new plugin since these blocks cannot be obtained by creating or breaking and can only be placed by /setblock or with WE. As such, these blocks require either a crafting recipe, the method suggested above, or something of the like.

On another server I found that metablocks are possible in worledit //set. For example:
//set Clay:2
Gives you a different looking Clay. Or Metablock.

What are the texture names for the new ones? I want to do some self updating. >:)

Can't wait for the stickiest rope in history to be used in Regalia >_<

+ All the support I have. ...1

If this were to be implemented, the plugin would be designed around metablocks from the MassiveCraft resource pack. If you have the Massive Resource Pack, with optifine, you've probably seen around Regalia that the texture of the ground is different, animated smoke coming from chimneys and other kinds of cobblestone walls (there's a lot more but I'm not going to list them).

All of these metablocks are not craftable currently, and are only available via using world edit, or admin spawn commands. Now, as stated above, this implementation would only focus on the MassiveCraft texture pack, and not others. So all of the meta blocks we have in our resource pack could be used, but not necessarily all from another. We do not want to sit down and go through every metablock in every texture pack and make them.

From what /I/ personally understand, a new plugin for this would not be needed. In fact, if you refer to this page here (http://www.massivecraft.com/recipes), you'll see that on MassiveCraft, we have custom recipes which put vanilla unobtainable items into a craftable recipe.

If I'm right, all it would take is to put into the config that a certain combination of blocks creates a meta version of that block.

Stone Brick Variants
recipe-stonebrick-normal-to-mossy.jpg

recipe-stonebrick-mossy-to-cracked.jpg

recipe-stonebrick-cracked-to-chiseled.jpg

recipe-stonebrick-chiseled-to-normal.jpg

The Stone Brick variants are connected in a circular manner:
Normal Mossy Cracked Chiseled → Normal …
Like this here, but having a few other blocks and it cycles through the Meta blocks

Ex:
Stone + Stone = 2x Stone:2
Stone:2 + Stone:2 = 2x Stone:3

Something like that. I assume.

@Tom1804

Hey there, im well aware of the custom recipes and i think thats awesome. My suggestion is to add or alternatively to grant access to the rest of those metablocks such as the animated smoke, various cobblestone walls, wine rack and so on (of course MassiveCraft Resourcepack, otherwise it wouldn't make sense) with the help of a plugin since its not possible to give permission to every player on MassiveCraft using worldedit/admincommands.

The custom recipes just allows us to obtain the vanilla non-craftable blocks in a quick way, but not the Metablocks. They are, at the moment, still not available for us normal players, besides the produce crates via votingrewards. So the objective is to make it available. I'm not the greatest Coder, well i don't even understand a single thing about that, but i'm sure, just like you said, probably it's configurable in the config to add custom recipes of the said Metablocks. If not, perhaps it's even possible to create/implement a plugin to add a command that creates a tool (in the same way as /he tool), which allows us to switch placed blocks with metablocks by simply right-/leftclicking it. It's faster and easier to build with.

Hopefully you understand now, what I'm thinking. (The inside of my head is a mess haha(drunk))

@MiningMac5

Hey, uhm.. i don't even know what the names are. I'm an architect on several servers but never saw a list of names for them. We just gave them nicknames or names which fits them, like "fishnet" or well, the rope-looking thing we used to call "rope" :P. haha
You can call them what you want if you consider to use them. ;) And this list above in my thread, is just an example
Here is an example list of metablocks:
The MassiveCraft Resourcepack doesn't have such a list, so i used this one for better visual understanding.

Last edited:
It is true that these blocks could be made available to players using custom recipes or through voting rewards (as per Produce Crates). To make them more useful, though, a custom block drop would also be needed, so they dropped as themselves instead of reverting to the base block. The programming interface for these blocks will change when Minecraft 1.8 is released. There will no longer be Metadata, but blocks will be identified by plugin and name, so Minecraft:Oak_Log and MassiveCraft:Produce_Crate as possible examples. Given that this change in Minecraft may require the updating of all special blocks in staff builds (which was needed for the produce crates after the last update), I do not expect this proposal to receive serious consideration until after we have upgraded to 1.8.

As Yendor's said, this'd be awesome to add once 1.8 stuff would be fixed and so on. Also, I've seen servers that use this, it really is rather brilliant and helps vary the architecture.

That one sounds really great. Didn't knew that with that update.:)

This is so important to me

I am not the greatest builder. But i absolutely see potential in this. As i can give better and more creative building. I give my Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.