Archived Abilities For Bloggers And Youtubers

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

ascreed95

Citizen
Reaction score
Hi,

[EDIT]
The two requested features are:
  • Ability to fly in order to take screenshots and videos (could be a Regalia only thing)
  • Ability to make other people invisible (for screenshots and videos)
[End of Edit]

I like to take screenshots of my gameplay experience in MassiveCraft and I would also like to make timelapse videos and other videos.

While I find that "F1" helps somewhat, being able to hide all other players would be a useful addition for taking screenshots (and privacy).

Another idea (especially when showcasing builds) would be the ability to use the "spectator" gamemode of Minecraft. It makes the user invisible to others and allows flight but no building and block breaking can occur.
I know that this could possibly be bad for PvP but some rule like with traits could be implemented, where one has to stand still for so long and not take damage.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This would be nice for looking at builds and travel, but it would also be horrible for PVP. Even if you had to stand stillfor awhile so it wouldn't be useful to escape death, it could be used for 'ghosting'. People would fly around during a raid to tell the rest of their faction where the raiders/defenders are without being attacked (an invincible scout), or a spectator mode person could fly ahead to an enemy base before they raid, noting down exactly who is there and wher ethey are without being seen. Or someone could fly ahed in spectator mode, invisible, fly into an enemy's house or f home when they open a door then jump into survival mode and raid inside a building they shouldn'thave been able to get inside.

I don't PvP so I don't know what exactly is useful for it.

I have seen on similar posts that asked for similar abilities, one of their arguments is, this privilege would be an application only process.
While that can still be abused, it could be a possible solution.

Additionally, if in spectator mode, you may not be able to leave your faction boundaries, or when trying to enter someone else's faction, you'll be teleported to the nearest Wilderness chunk or even home.

Another alternative is to just give flight, without being invisible. It would remove all interaction capabilities (no breaking / placing blocks).
That way you cannot go through blocks nor get in and out unseen.
Further restrictions could be applied with a timed usage and as mentioned before, restricted to your faction only.

In all cases, it would still be worth for Regalia by itself. Being able to fly through (invisibly, so you don't disrupt RP) to record fly-by's
and time lapses.

There are certainly many ways to do this and I'd be happy to discuss adjustments and modification to make it suit everyone as good as possible.

It's not that bad for Pvp if we add stuff like
Roleplay world Only
Creative world Only
And at last
Quest world Only

Roleplay world Only
Creative world Only
And at last
Quest world Only

Well, roleplay world I guess it wouldn't hurt anything, other then people could loiter/metagame. Creative world you can literally already do everything you can in spectator XD

And in the quest world you can use spectator to cheat in boss fights and parkor

Well, roleplay world I guess it wouldn't hurt anything, other then people could loiter/metagame. Creative world you can literally already do everything you can in spectator XD

And in the quest world you can use spectator to cheat in boss fights and parkor
Spectator mode doesn't allow you to interact with stuff, so fighting with it wouldn't work.
It could also teleport you back, where you turned it on, so no bypassing parkour.

If anything, I would be happy still if it was a roleplay only feature (at least).

Roleplay world Only
Creative world Only
And at last
Quest world Only
There are already quest and creative worlds. Making a role play only world will only separate the server population more, survival worlds are the best of both worlds seeing as you can pvp, build, role play, and so on. And if you don't like that there's always regalia

Let's keep in mind the main question here:
  • The ability to fly for taking screenshots and videos
  • Making other players invisible

betterhud pvp mod allows you to locally 'hide players,' so they are invisible to just you.

There are already quest and creative worlds. Making a role play only world will only separate the server population more, survival worlds are the best of both worlds seeing as you can pvp, build, role play, and so on. And if you don't like that there's always regalia
Pretty sure she meant having spectator mode for those worlds only.

Metagaming is quite possibly one of the easiest things to do that are against the rules, and this would make it a dozen times easier.
Problem identified! Any suggestions as to fix it?
Helpful if the fix doesn't involve scrapping the idea, instead modifying terms to make it fit.

Metagaming is quite possibly one of the easiest things to do that are against the rules, and this would make it a dozen times easier.
Meta gaming like role-play?

Either way it doesn't matter

The best way, And the only way, to get privileges like that, is to join the PR staff. They even specify in the recruitment information that they are looking for bloggers and YouTube'ers.

https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/we-are-looking-for-new-and-awesome-pr-staff.36168/

It's kind of a blatant thing though. Using spectator mode for the purpose of metagaming seems like an obviously bad thing to do, enough so to dissuade people from doing it. As said, you can already metagame easily. I feel like this would be a nonproblem.

Meta gaming like role-play?

Either way it doesn't matter

The best way, And the only way, to get privileges like that, is to join the PR staff. They even specify in the recruitment information that they are looking for bloggers and YouTube'ers.

https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/we-are-looking-for-new-and-awesome-pr-staff.36168/
I was contemplating joining, but I cannot commit the time that they require (as stated in their staff codex).
So this would be out of bounds for me for the time being. If no other way can be found, I shall try the "application" approach and maybe make some kind of agreement with the staff... (if possible)