A Workshop Series For Crafts

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Film_Noir, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Film_Noir

Film_Noir Snowdonian Pirate

[​IMG]

Respected craftsman of our city,

As part of a continued endeavour to promote commerce, on behalf of the Open Ocean Merchant Guild, I'm interested in sponsoring a series of workshops to demonstrate the various crafts that our Empire has to offer. This is a call out for any sculptors, toy makers, chandlers (candle makers), wood carvers, glass blowers, and the like, who might be interested in giving a live workshop demonstration of their crafts to the public; or rather, the skills required to master the craft. At your disposal, for your demonstration, would be the facilities of the Open Ocean Merchant Guild Event Hall, where any necessary décor can be arranged to support your workshop. For example, tables can be set up for your audience if you'd like for them to have a go at your craft while you instruct them.

May such a venture bring you more business. If interested, please forward a letter to myself and we'll arrange a time and day for your workshop.

Regards,

[​IMG]
    Grand Lord of Narlas
    Ostmark Inspector-Admiral
    Grandmaster of the Open Ocean Merchant Guild
    Member of the Regalian Jingoist Lobby​

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. dboy_101

dboy_101 Matthias Heinrich - The Old Man

[​IMG]
    To the esteemed Lord Black,

I, Aurora de Escrebano
    , Matriarch of my family and Owner of my own tailor's shop, would like to request a workshop to be set up for myself to demonstrate the basics of my craft. I will showcase the basics of sewing and the advantages and disadvantages of certain materials. I will also show my audience my unique techniques and may even give them a chance to win one of my latest pieces.

I would also like to discuss with you some interests of ours that may be similar.

Yours Sincerely,
    ~ Aurora de Escrebano
    Matriarch of Commoner House de Escrebano
    Founder and Tailor of Aurora's Gowns and Silks
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    #2 dboy_101, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  3. Nudibronch

Nudibronch Professional Procrastinator

To the admirable Grand Lord Black,

I humbly request a workshop slot to showcase the art of ivory sculpture. Given her expertise with the craft, I'd like to request that my grandmother be permitted to preside over the workshop instead of myself. She'll be showing a few personal pieces and demonstrating the process by which they were created.

Best wishes,
    Jamie T. Rosendahl
    Count of Swynmont

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Film_Noir

[​IMG]

To the Madame de Escrebano,

I anticipate that your proposed workshop could capture the interest of the fair ladies of our city. It would be a pleasure to support your demonstration. Could I ask you to fill in a booking form for our event hall, with a time and day that would suit you best to host your workshop on, and we'll see to it that your event is well advertised and that the hall is prepared to accommodate you.

[[OOC Instructions: (1) Fill in this event hall booking form; (2) write up a quick event thread and post it in Lore Announcements and Events; (3) include a subtitle on your event thread somewhere that your event is part of the Workshop Series for Crafts, sponsored by the Open Ocean Merchant Guild; and (4) add the event to the forum calendar here. Thanks!]]

Regards,

[​IMG]
    Grand Lord of Narlas

[​IMG]

To the good Count Rosendahl,

Greetings again, friend. It would be a pleasure to sponsor such a workshop given by your grandmother. I have to confess an interest in ivory sculpture myself, a keen collector of Farah'deen phant tusks. Could I ask you to fill in a booking form for our event hall, with a time and day that would suit your grandmother best to host her workshop on, and we'll see to it that her event is well advertised and that the hall is prepared to accommodate her.

[[OOC Instructions: (1) Fill in this event hall booking form; (2) write up a quick event thread and post it in Lore Announcements and Events; (3) include a subtitle on your event thread somewhere that your event is part of the Workshop Series for Crafts, sponsored by the Open Ocean Merchant Guild; and (4) add the event to the forum calendar here. Thanks!]]

Regards,

[​IMG]
    Grand Lord of Narlas

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

To the good Grand Lord Black,

I would like to request a workshop showing off the fruits of wood carving. Showcasing a few of my more impressive works over the years, and giving one ornate jewelry box away over raffle. Also, doing a short demonstration of a more simple carving.

Spirit Bless,
    Susanna Vauclain

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Film_Noir

[​IMG]

Dear lady Vauclain,

Those who can carve wood expertly have always held my appreciation. My ancestors from the Drachenwald were quite adept and I have a number their carvings sitting in my home. Your workshop is one that I wouldn't mind listening in on myself, to learn some of the skills along with the rest of the audience. Could I ask you to fill in a booking form for our event hall, with a time and day that would suit you best to host your workshop on, and we'll see to it that your event is well advertised and that the hall is prepared to accommodate you.

Regards,

[​IMG]
    Grand Lord of Narlas

• Friendly Friendly x 1