Archived A Very Cool New Way Of Making Realistic Worlds

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshy54100

☑ rekt ☐ not rekt
Reaction score
Faction
Deldrimor
Hello fellow MassiveCrafters.

As I was browsing Planet Minecraft to be astounded by some awesome builds, I came across this:
Planet Minecraft Link

I thought it was very cool how the creator of Rock Island generated such a realistic terrain using the program called World Machine, which is not meant for Minecraft at all. You can use it to make a realistic heightmap, and then import it into World Painter to make it blocky and Minecraft compatible. I think it looks very nice how the snow doesn't land on the steep cliff surfaces like it would in real life :)

I think that it would be very cool to see any upcoming worlds be made using these programs, since they make it look very nice. Thanks for reading!

Link to WorldPainter

Link to World Machine

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Lerina Basa is made with a combination of World Machine and World Painter.

I am trying to have it come out tomorrow, but again, don't take my word on it. It needs to go trough several finalizing iterations.

I am trying to have it come out tomorrow, but again, don't take my word on it. It needs to go trough several finalizing iterations.

I'll keep my legs, fingers and everything else crossed.
Fehem guard is packed with supplies and ready for the move. We hope to get a good location first ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.