Archived A Suggestion For Weapon Variation

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidereum

That guy who dissappeared for a while
Reaction score
Faction
Insani
This is a thought that I mentioned on the thread about staves, but may as well create a thread for it.
Anyways the idea is that there could be custom crafting recipes made for special weapons such as scimitars, katanas, and other weapons as such. The plugin would keep the same texture of say an iron sword, and would only rename the item and re-spec it. And for some weapons that aren't really represented by the texture pack such as katars, could be re-spec, retextured, and renamed gold tools since they're only really for appearance as they don't really have sufficient durability or capabilities (such as the golden pickaxe seeing as it is unable to mine its own ore last I checked). Arguably, this could add to the rp and pvp communities by varying weapons a little bit, so to some extent, it's a win-win for the two major sides of the server.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ehhhhhhh... Not so sure on this, Weapon variation can easily be made via voting rewards and lore on items if you know what I am sayin, Besides seems like too much work for the staff when they are working on Magic, and more Importantly, Traits.

Would the 'traits' of a weapon give the new weapons a different ID, will it effect the vanilla game essentially making it a mod rather than a plugin? Also does such a plugin exist because MassiveCraft staff are from what I can see very busy and can't be making plugins other than ones they're working on in the foreseeable future

With the custom server texture feature, this should not be too much of a problem. It is like produce crates, which are usually wooden planks, but with the Massive Ressourcepack and server textures enabled, you see barrels filled with food and... stuff.

However, I am not entirely sure if this only works with blocks. I mean, when you hold produce crates in your hands, they are still displayed as wooden planks, until you place them. But if this was possible, custom textures for the race weapons, like a katana texture for the Naga Katana, would be really nice indeed.

i dont see how it effects the pvp or RP community, since appearance of the weapon doesnt affect dmg and most RPers just RP their items off as whatever they wish it to be. I hold nothing when i rp off my chakrams, but the point gets across: your about to get cut

I am looking into the feasibility of making these kinds of modifications to the texture pack, and if it works, it will probably slowly be implemented for some of the voting items. Cay has a plugin that is planned called MassiveItems that may address some of your ideas around crafting recipes and item capabilities as well as other ideas. A date to start coding on MassiveItems has not yet been set.

Status
Not open for further replies.