Dated A Small Loan Of Regals At The End Of The Survival Tutorial

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Lumbo, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lumbo

Lumbo Refugee

So, I went to the factions spawn (The tutorial) and I was wondering how to make the tutorial a bit more enjoyable and rewarding so I came up with this.

If you go through the entire tutorial you'll get a small amount of regals like 4 or 10, nothing game breaking or a huge change but it'll be a tiny reward and gives you good (Or helps you) start when you start playing factions or wanting to go into roleplay and also shows the value of regals, meaning if someone wants to sell their armour and doesn't know how much they should sell it for it might give them a bit of a clue when they are handed 6 regals instead of 100 regals like on the old server.

This isn't really like a big deal or anything you'll only get this small amount of regals only once when you go through the tutorial, kinda like a quest of sort.

2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

/vote gives you 12r as soon as you log in for the first time, and with everything free right now there's no way not to get set after a few days of generic mining.

3. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

We inherently avoided this to prevent abuse and economic inflation.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lumbo

Lumbo Refugee

It helps value players times by giving them a small amount of regals, it is quite short but it’ll help players to understand the server more as usually people avoid looking at tutorials unless if it’s completely necessary.
    I don’t think a small bit of regals can cause MassiveCrafts economy to crash, also how can people abuse it if it’s an only one time gift, I know alts can be another reason for abuse but I still don’t think there will be a big deal if it’s just a small amount, people will eventually run out of alts, at least Id think so

5. CnocBride

We’ve had two cases so far of alt abuse. A total of 100 alts were used to give themselves an advantage. Trust me, if an Athorian or TwoTen showed up, they could wreak havoc on these sort of quests.

Regals will become easier to get. Our tech team are working on TPS issues and hopefully they will be resolved soon and will lead to better mob spawns. We also have other areas of income to look into.

6. ScaledSupremacy

ScaledSupremacy No, no, I'm just a... reverse blood donor.

small loan of a million regals

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  7. daniel_meicker

daniel_meicker

i would say this is a bit different. one is ruining the economy because some people wants "more money" so they can basically buy everything

the other is claiming land so they can build their home faster

8. CnocBride

True, but I would still be afraid of people utilizing this sort of method.

9. daniel_meicker

daniel_meicker

even tho i was one of those punished for doing exactly that

Then i can agree that depending on method and where they claim is made, it can become dangerous

and i'm glad that massive changed the rules to prevent it happening in the future

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.