A Slumberwood Proclamation: Extrajudicial Killings, Reactionaries, And Responsibility

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by KK134, Mar 23, 2021.

1. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

[​IMG]
    My regards to the many residents of this city, from the everyday laborers to my peers who walk in the halls of his imperial holiness’ assembly. While I am not one to make grand proclamations and postings on the city’s noticeboards, as I find things are often better addressed in person, these are exceptional circumstances in which I feel my words must be public and indelibly marked in ink. I was recently informed about an incident of a, particularly disturbing and horrifying nature. On the sacred ground of the Church of Salvation in our city, an extrajudicial killing was planned, announced, and carried out by barbarous reactionaries claiming the (markedly inapplicable) justification of Unionist righteousness. This not only violates imperial and state law but also the principles which allow our empire to function as an orderly society. These armored brutes, to the account of members of the crowd, presented and then executed an aberrant all under the shadow of the church’s steeple while claiming to have done so in the name of the Spirit. I find these events horribly reminiscent of the many similar ones I have witnessed since my arrival in this city and most notably the actions of the so-called ‘Wardens of Purity’. These actions and others like them have been characterized by some half-baked idea born out of a Calemberger tavern that seems to preach that through meaningless outbursts of violence, which I can equate only to the tantrums of a petulant child, a non-existent all-perfect status quo that existed at some indeterminate point in the past can be returned to. It is because of this underdeveloped rhetoric and the hellions and sycophants who propagate it that this city has so often had to confront reports of disfigurement, riots, and now the report that such individuals believe it righteous to commit murder on sacred ground. It is due to this pattern of events that I will unequivocally say that those individuals who so blatantly defy even the most basic spirit of the Imperial Proclamation of the Magi, state law, and the decrees of the Unionist Conclave and those who repeat their screamed maxims have no place in the holy city or Regalian Empire. Among even the highest orders of the peerage, I keenly encourage any who find themselves to be in agreement with the attitudes of these criminals to quickly develop sound policies and ideas lest you be left to irrelevance and your people’s disdain. This city and empire will no longer tolerate rule by angry mobs for any period. The days of shucking the ears from nelfins’ heads, violent inquisitions, and pitchforks accompanied by sanctimonious, inappropriate cries of ‘Ave Spiritus’ are over and you will be held to account not just by the records of history but also by your peers today.
    [​IMG]

With the greatest faith in the ability of our guard to bring these murderous vigilantes to account,
    Merdoc Slumberwood
    Duke of Rumvalia​

• Powerful Powerful x 15