Archived A Possible Option In A Faction?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvallon

Arvanion Cyladhras of Avallónë
Reaction score
Reasantly i have been thinking about how to protect our faction without restricting people too much. Due to the new commands we have been offered to set permisions for recruits/members its easier to protect the general faction land. Although its still difficult to give a member enough freedome within a faction to actualy get the experience from a faction wat they would be looking for.

in order to explain this, il give you an example: Your a faction leader, and you want to make sure surtant areas of the base cannot be accesed by new recruits. However you do like to allow your recruits to build their own house and to have acces to their own containers. This makes it difficult to set permisions since they count for every person of the same rank.

Now to the idea itself. The option would allow a leader and/or his officers to set ownership over claimed chunks. A owned chunk would ristrict chest/build acces to the players who own the chunk. (disallowing other members/recruits) In this way there can be areas where only officers and the owner have acces while lower ranks can still build in their own area. This will still keep the original barrier between recruits and members (usualy members can build recruits cannot). And also have more protection against people who you trust more than your recruits. (incase a member no longer feels like staying and tries to rob the city's statues/thrones/placed items of importance)

So far i know this is something from an old faction server i used to play on. This will atleast improve the protection of a faction against internal grief/robbery also allowing valuable items to be placed more carefully. We all like to make fancy stuff don't we? :P

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Emperor_Max, this is already in place. idk the name (just call it Chunk Lock) but it allows the faction leader to give or take access from specific chunks. /f access p playername and /f access p factionname grant/take away chunk access.

I believed that command was to give spicific people (not part of your faction)/factions acces within your own faction(chunk)???

I believed that command was to give spicific people (not part of your faction)/factions acces within your own faction(chunk)???

It can be used to restrict access within your own faction. I used it on my castle and on my Mages College to prevent people from griefing them. It goes like this:

/f access f Hisoka (my faction) - Locks the chunk so no one from my faction can edit it.
/f access p mecharic (me) - Gives me specific access to edit the chunk.

Then using /f access v on the chunk you see this:

Host Faction: Hisoka
Host Faction Access: No
Player Access: Mecharic
Faction Access: None

or somethin like that. In such a way only I can edit my castle of the mages college. It only works in chunks though, so you need to measure them out for players.

Wel alright then :D thanku for the tip ;3 tobad it doesnt set that automaticaly like autoclaim xD but its better than nothing hey ;3

You can set edit perms to officers only I think then give out chunks to normal members as you choose. No promises lol

Status
Not open for further replies.