Archived A Poll For Important Server Decisions. (players Vote)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Footymaster786

Just That Guy With A Bit Of Swag
Reaction score
Faction
wilderness
Kingdom
factionless
My Idea is that every-time a big server change is about to happen, they add a poll on the website, asking the players to vote for yes, or no. And when staff have an idea they want to implement, they put the question up on the poll and the players vote. This means players get to have more of a say in important server decisions. The advantage would be, you would have more of an idea of what the playerbase like, and what they dislike. I don't really see a disadvantage but if you get one, post it.

Just an idea :p

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Unless it's just to see what people think, I wouldn't mind. Actually, that would be great. But if it's a decisive factor, then alot of ideas could be blocked (possibly by the minority).

Unless it's just to see what people think, I wouldn't mind. Actually, that would be great. But if it's a decisive factor, then alot of ideas could be blocked (possibly by the minority).

I am pretty sure it would be for the staff to get a good idea if the players like the idea. If it was the decisive factor, The majority says yes, they would obviously say yes, if the majority say no, then they will say no :P
Thanks for reading it though :D

I like this idea, but maybe a after math poll. so players can vote if they like it after having it for a week or two.

[...]
If it was the decisive factor, The majority says yes, they would obviously say yes, if the majority say no, then they will say no :P
If the majority thinks something, that doesn't mean they all vote for it. Lets take Plan A: a radical change to PvP.
Now, 70% is pro-plan A, but these people are mostly RPers. The other 30% are mostly PvPers and are very very anti-plan A. Almost all of the anti-plan A people will vote against it, lets say 27%. But the other 70% thinks "meh, this doesnt concern me -doesn't vote-" and just a small amount of them votes yes, lets say 25% in total.

These things happen IRL.

My Idea is that every-time a big server change is about to happen, they add a poll on the website, asking the players to vote for yes, or no. And when staff have an idea they want to implement, they put the question up on the poll and the players vote. This means players get to have more of a say in important server decisions. The advantage would be, you would have more of an idea of what the playerbase like, and what they dislike. I don't really see a disadvantage but if you get one, post it.

Just an idea :P

It's well known that some things are better left in the hands of the authority.

In Business Management you learn different Management Styles - The one you are referring too is a Consultative style. The greater disadvantage of this, which drastically affects MassiveCraft is how "time consuming" it is. The behind the scene work all the Mods do and all the grand projects they create are done in a limited amount of time for the public to see. Asking them to base whether they should implement them based on a population which is (guessed estimate) at least 70% less then 18 years old, is time consuming and a set up for disaster because young people such as ourselves don't usually put a lot of thought before voting on something (possibly one reason we don't get votes in elections).

Besides this, the public doesn't always know what they want. I think we can all say that, from experience, we sometimes judge things by the cover, before we see it. However, once we have read the content, we really begin to see the advantages of it.

If you've been on the Forums for a while, or actively checking, you will see MonMarty actually does ask the public on a few things every so often, and the administrators have also offered a sub-topic in the forums that allows you to put forward your ideas/suggestions, which gives us the opportunity to show a idea to the community or discuss someone elses.

Overall I think the idea of the poll is unnecessary, and a possible shot for disaster.

Nice thought though.

It's well known that some things are better left in the hands of the authority.

In Business Management you learn different Management Styles - The one you are referring too is a Consultative style. The greater disadvantage of this, which drastically affects MassiveCraft is how "time consuming" it is. The behind the scene work all the Mods do and all the grand projects they create are done in a limited amount of time for the public to see. Asking them to base whether they should implement them based on a population which is (guessed estimate) at least 70% less then 18 years old, is time consuming and a set up for disaster because young people such as ourselves don't usually put a lot of thought before voting on something (possibly one reason we don't get votes in elections).

Besides this, the public doesn't always know what they want. I think we can all say that, from experience, we sometimes judge things by the cover, before we see it. However, once we have read the content, we really begin to see the advantages of it.

If you've been on the Forums for a while, or actively checking, you will see MonMarty actually does ask the public on a few things every so often, and the administrators have also offered a sub-topic in the forums that allows you to put forward your ideas/suggestions, which gives us the opportunity to show a idea to the community or discuss someone elses.

Overall I think the idea of the poll is unnecessary, and a possible shot for disaster.

Nice thought though.

Thank you! I understand now. <3 Could somebody lock this? I realise that they would be too many trolls :P

Status
Not open for further replies.