A Personal Hell

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by KitchenRefugee, Oct 22, 2022.

1. KitchenRefugee

KitchenRefugee Morrlond Enjoyer Supremium

A story from the Bralona occupation, from the perspective of lady Allynna Mecatl, struggling with a vampire's dreadful illusions.

Warm sunshine, a breeze on my skin. It could only be described as a calm, beautiful day, standing out in its serenity. I am taking a walk with my sister, whose friendly smile I remember even now. She was always so kind to me, whether deserved or not. We're taking a walk, talking casually, much like all those months ago, before the invaders. At the time it felt like one of the nicest moments I've had in forever.

Of course, like how things usually tend to go with my life, it's not pleasant for long. I hear a whisper right by my ear:

"Monster."

I look around, and see no one. The voice is now in front of me:

"You are a monster."

I frantically look around until my eyes meet them. The mother who claimed she had loved me only to abandon me to survive on my own. The boy who had shattered my heart into countless pieces by abusing my trust. They whisper something - the same word, over and over again:

"Monster, monster, monster."

I shake my head, only to gaze at my sister. Surely, she would understand. She looks back at me in shock, like she was looking at the most hideous thing that had ever crossed her eyes.

I can't bear it.

I look around me, for something that would soothe my mind, something that would confirm I'm not like that. And I see just what I need - my friends, who I held oh, so dear, and my family who I loved more than anything. A brief moment of relief, until the chant grows louder. All the people I had adored, joining into it:

"Monster, monster, monster."

My eyes widen in disbelief. My heart races like it had never before. No. I was done with this ever since I left Ellador. I couldn't be a monster, right? I've been so good!

My gaze turns back to my sister. The look of horror is replaced by the lifeless eyes of a corpse. She is dying, by silver waves of magical light. My own magic.

Tears fill my eyes. I try to run away, only to trip and fall. I quickly realize I have nowhere to go. As the figures around me approach, their chants keep growing louder, like I'm being shouted at:

"Monster, monster, monster!"

No. I scowl. Surely, that couldn't be me. I couldn't kill her. I'm not like this!

I cover my ears, squeezing my tear-filled eyes shut, hoping for an escape from this horrible reality. I speak, louder and louder, until I realize I had been screaming my lungs out:

"I'm not a monster."
    "I'm not a monster!"
    "I'm not a monster!!"
    "I'M NOT A MONSTER!!!"

It all fades. All I see is darkness. All I hear is the deafening silence around me.

Light. The first rays of the sun shining into the clinic. Had this all been a dream? A nightmare? No, it felt far more real, far more personal. But who could I tell? I can't afford anyone thinking I'm some monster after all. I put on a happy face, and get out of the clinic bed. I have lots to do after all.

The visions this story is based on were the idea of the lovely @Saaber !

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Powerful Powerful x 1