Archived A New Tpa Idea To Hopefully Suit Most People :)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

operationguard

British Merchant
Reaction score
Faction
Farmlands
Ok, so as many older players know, we use to have access to /tpa to get to other people. We also know that this was abused, trapping people and also used to bring too many people to raids. Well, hopefully this system I have thought of will solve the issue, but, please, if you don't agree, I'd love to here your side of this idea below!

/TPA Usage

Player should be able to pay a NPC near spawn somewhere to buy "Magic Powder". For example sake, lets say 100 Regals for 1 "Rare" magical powder. This will not be an item, but the same sort of a scale like MCMMO. A player can also get magical powder from killing other players who have it. When you are killed, you loose all of it, and the person who killed you gets the powder. A player needs 10 magical powder to be able to use a /tpa once.

Not only does this take some money out of the economy, increasing the value of items etc. But it will also stop people from being able to /tpa to often.

/TPA usage #2

So, this idea is a bit more simple, but not as friendly to role-play. I suppose you guys can come up with some better ideas to suit role play needs. Each player gets 2 /tpa energy a day. But, when, lets say, BOB wants to /tpa to BILLY, BILLY can see the following msg in chat.

BOB wants to teleport to you. BOB is in NEUTRAL faction and is wearing ENCHANTED DIAMOND armour. /tpaccept or /tpadeny

This may seem pointless, but this could really help out with the whole "He wants to kill me" type deal. We can see that BOB is neutral to BILLY, so he COULD kill him. He is also wearing a good set of diamond armour, which could lead to suggest he may be trying to kill him. So, not only does this help people know if something is going to happen, but also limited to 2 /tpa a day makes things a lot more wanting to do something, and not just /tpa to raid someone.

-------------------------------------------

Well, thanks for reading that way overcomplicated and badly spelt excuse for a idea :P
All feedback is welcome below V V V V V V V

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Compared to most Roleplay servers, Massivecraft is actually pretty lenient with their teleportation as-is. I know there's also the PVP community to tailor to, but compared to some PVP servers they are too. The fact that we can go to /f home and /spawn, as well as set a home bed, gives us three places we can teleport to. Giving people the freedom to constantly teleport about can cheapen raid and roleplay quality, in my opinion.

Though it's really difficult for me to speak on behalf of the PVP community, so I'm basing this off past PVP/raid servers I've been on.

I'd like to say no to this because it would ruin the fun of watching people running after each other during raids... also, it makes raids more interesting to actually need to muster the troops and walk/run/ride to the location, rather than just sending one guy out and having the rest tp to him at their own pace.

Ok, no worries, thanks for the feedback :)

But, dont forget you would need to buy the magical powder, which would be capped at two teleports.

Well, we should be happy transportation isn't restricted by foot, ship, airship, caravan, and horses like many other RP servers..and at least armor/weapon doesn't weigh you down either.

hmmmm
-cough- number2 -cough-

Quote from the in-game announcements:

• "Try not to build a town too close to another. Walk 256 blocks away (16 chunks.) We want the game to be about traveling!"
  • We encourage travel!
Allowing any form of /tpa or /tp between players completely contradicts the two prior statements. Not to mention the amount of abuse that would result. Imagine, one enemy entering your territory, and then receiving ten or more /tpa request. Or imagine the raider sneaking into a building within your faction, and ten other people magically appear with him.

Not to even mention the RP/lore incompliancy.

I disagree with both, but the first especially.

You need 10 magic powder to teleport once. 1 magic powder costs 100 regals. That is 1000 regals to teleport once.

The cost of half a faction to teleport to someone once. No way.

@Mecharic

With portals all we have to do is send one guy to set up the portal and then we all pile out

As far as transportation on this server goes. I believe it could be improved by more airships like ellador or paved roads like ellador.

Its only an idea...:P
Also, your on about how it will ruin RP. Well, for the people who have actuall been on the server a while we use to have /tpa. And if you remember, EVERYONE went mental because it was removed.

My second day on massive was the day it was removed, wasn't a fan of it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.