Archived A New Nether.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imboring56

Seasoned Runner
Reaction score
Reasons for Adding in a New Nether:
  1. Many items, such as ghast tears, blaze rods, and nether quartz have been extremely rare for quite a bit of time now - and it's not just expensive to get, but it is literally impossible to get, unless you managed to get stockpiles somehow or you got a little bit of it through voting. This heavily impacts building(Quartz, nether brick, and nether rack) and brewing(Regeneration, Fire Resistance, and Strength).
  2. Would give MassiveCraft another world, even if it is only temporary. This could improve our image by releasing multiple worlds like this. Also, it would seem weird to a new player that we have no nether as it is a simple vanilla feature that is not hindered on other servers.
  3. As time passes, the demand for this will increase. As far as I know, construction or real planning on how it will be created has been put down the priority list. Eventually, players will start to ask more and more for a nether, and I want the World staff to have ample time to design, edit, and build the world.
  4. In terms of many of the items found in the nether, we simply don't have enough methods of getting the items anymore. The only way to get most of these items is through voting, and since then it is still difficult to get a significant amount of it.
  5. More evil or demonic factions could move there and build different themed structures, which could be interesting for RP and PvP. I remember when Thaelyn had a base in the Nether, and we would fight some of Alamut's members there(I may have terrible memory though). It was interesting to fight in a nether, and their build was interesting to move around.
  6. Gives more land space, even if some of it can be unnecessary, to new people wanting to either expand a faction or to simply start one there. It would definitely help draw some out of the existing worlds, or lead them to start RP outposts and bases in the new world.
  7. Backups can now be saved, and as a result it is easier than ever to restore the nether to its original, ungriefed form.
  8. It gives Dakkar a bigger sense of acknowledgement, as this is their home world. It would make RP more interesting, and it would help them survive by living in this world, unlike in Regalia where it is snowing all the time.
Reasons for Not Adding in a New Nether:
  1. It may lag constantly under duress, leaving the player unsatisfied and rubberbanding in his/her current environment.
  2. It may reduce the current value of the items that are uncommon to get at the moment.
  3. It may become too griefed by a possible influx of new players at an early point in its life.
  4. It may divert attention from the time of the World staff as well as others who want to help out with the project and might ultimately sideline the other existing investments that the MassiveCraft staff are putting their time into.
Possible Workarounds:
  1. Giving some of these items their own crafting recipes(Separate suggestion thread).
  2. Manually flooding in many of these items to postpone the need for a Nether.
  3. Increasing the probability of these items as voting rewards.
  4. Giving the items to the player as a possible quest reward.
  5. Make admin shops selling these items.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This should happen, just getting them from voting occasionally isn't really enough. I heard the staff were already working on a new Nether map, but that was quite a while back (like, right after they removed the old one and Kelmoria) so I'm not too sure...

There are enough of these items in existence as it is, by doing so this will make those items nearly worthless again.
Think about the future for the economy. Prices need to increase, not the other way around

I don't care if these items are high-priced. In fact, I would love that to happen.

The problem is that these items simply do not exist in quantities necessary for the entire server to use. Because of that, there simply won't be any. It's not like other things such as god armor, which has a high price but isn't impossible to get. These items are literally impossible to get. Only way to get them currently, on a regular basis, is from voting. And it simply won't be enough for the community.

Here is an idea. Have it so the nether has one spawn like all other worlds. But have mobs for people making potions and such. Just get rid of building perms.

And the farther you get away you can dig as much as you please.

I don't care if these items are high-priced. In fact, I would love that to happen.

The problem is that these items simply do not exist in quantities necessary for the entire server to use. Because of that, there simply won't be any. It's not like other things such as god armor, which has a high price but isn't impossible to get. These items are literally impossible to get. Only way to get them currently, on a regular basis, is from voting. And it simply won't be enough for the community.

Its sad when you have to dig dirt for the hope you get some quartz. I support another nether but aren't they already working on one? I thought they were working on a new Kelmoria and Nether.

Zero_oo,
From my last discussion, it seemed like the nether was not such a high priority for them to finish as some other projects that are currently in development. I simply want to try and push this up their list.

Zero_oo,
From my last discussion, it seemed like the nether was not such a high priority for them to finish as some other projects that are currently in development. I simply want to try and push this up their list.

Ah fair enough. Good luck :)

1. Many items, such as ghast tears, blaze rods, and nether quartz have been extremely rare for quite a bit now - and it's not just expensive to get, but it is literally hard to get, unless you managed to get stockpiles somehow. This heavily impacts building(Quartz, nether brick, and nether rack) and brewing(Regeneration, Fire Resistance, and Strength)
Quickly destroy all portals in his storage, and silently looks at his chest of brewing materials O_O

I support this. I haven't been able to get ANY new quartz since Kelmoria was deleted. We Demand Quartz, We Demand Quartz! :P

I have two double chests full or quartz.
-Readies Army-
And I will defend it!

I agree with this. Although I am one of the weird people out there that enjoy digging and mining to a high level, I do not really enjoy spending a vast amount of time doing so just for one or two stacks of netherrack, sometimes less on a less lucky occasion.

Not to mention without quartz, people will have to resort to excavation for quartz. Then when they start to level their excavation, what happens? World griefing. Another thing is some very cool redstone circuitry needs comparators and daylight sensors, which need quartz.

YES. OH MY GOD YES, IMBORING. YES.

SUPPORTED. I'M SUPPORTING THIS HEAVILY.
kermityayplz.gif

Hm. I would definitely love a new nether, but I'd rather it be more of a map. Like, the nether, but with less of a cave feel to it. Also, I haven't been a Dakkar in forever because of the closing of the nether. I would like to make a Dakkar-exclusive faction in the nether and have an ARMY. Plus, Dakkar are cool and there aren't enough of us! Very few people RP as Dakkar as it is, and not many are going to join or continue if there is no nether. :( I just hope the map doesn't take fo'evah to make.

Reviving this thread again for any new suggestions.​

This really should be done, not having a nether world frankly seems quite odd to players old and new. I feel this should really be put high up on the "to do" list.

I agree with this post, but maybe you can make a world thats not the nether, but has most of the supplies in it?
Like say... Old Ceardia covered with the Baver curse...

I agree with this post, but maybe you can make a world thats not the nether, but has most of the supplies in it?

I like this idea. I know one of my characters has so much reason to be there. Exploring the remains of the arch demon's curse...

That would be amazing! I guess there would be no roof, but always be dark, and have a slightly flatter feel.

I now support Joseph Marini's idea, since it is a refined version of the main idea :P

I also agree with Joseph's idea, however I believe it is already in the planning stages. I don't know how far away from development it is, but it will eventually be made, from what I understand. That said, I don't know how much of the nether was planned for it, although I whole heartedly agree with it having nether aspects and quartz.

I will apply to become a World Staff if thats what is needed to get a new nether. Full support.

1. Many items, such as ghast tears, blaze rods, and nether quartz have been extremely rare for quite a bit of time now - and it's not just expensive to get, but it is literally impossible to get, unless you managed to get stockpiles somehow or you got a little bit of it through voting. This heavily impacts building(Quartz, nether brick, and nether rack) and brewing(Regeneration, Fire Resistance, and Strength).
  2. Would give MassiveCraft another world, even if it is only temporary. This could improve our image by releasing multiple worlds like this. Also, it would seem weird to a new player that we have no nether as it is a simple vanilla feature that is not hindered on other servers.
  3. As time passes, the demand for this will increase. As far as I know, construction or real planning on how it will be created has been put down the priority list. Eventually, players will start to ask more and more for a nether, and I want the World staff to have ample time to design, edit, and build the world.
  4. In terms of many of the items found in the nether, we simply don't have enough methods of getting the items anymore. The only way to get most of these items is through voting, and since then it is still difficult to get a significant amount of it.
  5. More evil or demonic factions could move there and build different themed structures, which could be interesting for RP and PvP. I remember when Thaelyn had a base in the Nether, and we would fight some of Alamut's members there(I may have terrible memory though). It was interesting to fight in a nether, and their build was interesting to move around.
  6. Gives more land space, even if some of it can be unnecessary, to new people wanting to either expand a faction or to simply start one there. It would definitely help draw some out of the existing worlds, or lead them to start RP outposts and bases in the new world.
  7. Backups can now be saved, and as a result it is easier than ever to restore the nether to its original, ungriefed form.
  8. It gives Dakkar a bigger sense of acknowledgement, as this is their home world. It would make RP more interesting, and it would help them survive by living in this world, unlike in Regalia where it is snowing all the time.
Reasons for Not Adding in a New Nether:
  1. It may lag constantly under duress, leaving the player unsatisfied and rubberbanding in his/her current environment.
  2. It may reduce the current value of the items that are uncommon to get at the moment.
  3. It may become too griefed by a possible influx of new players at an early point in its life.
  4. It may divert attention from the time of the World staff as well as others who want to help out with the project and might ultimately sideline the other existing investments that the MassiveCraft staff are putting their time into.
Possible Workarounds:
  1. Giving some of these items their own crafting recipes(Separate suggestion thread).
  2. Manually flooding in many of these items to postpone the need for a Nether.
  3. Increasing the probability of these items as voting rewards.
  4. Giving the items to the player as a possible quest reward.
  5. Make admin shops selling these items.
Heyy thaelyn I remember you also an awesome idea I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.