A Meeting Long Over Due

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Peachici, May 15, 2021.

1. Peachici

Peachici Key goblin

The day was as sunny as ever with summer around the corner, there was barely a cloud in the sky. Elena was doing her usual shopping, she was wearing her summer dress as she overlooked a batch of fresh strawberries, when a man, rocking a similar platinum blonde hair just like herself.

"Are you an 'Elena Aduro' i have been searching for?"

As Elena turned to the strangers voice, looking at the stranger with a confused look as she readjusted her glasses.

"Y-yeah? Do i know you?" She asked like she didn't already have an idea."

The tall and rather thin male lifted his hand to brush through his hair, he looked down at her with eyes covered by a thin pair of glasses.

"I guess i have a lot to explain, but you are definitely the right person i'm looking for, and kiddo... I have a lot to explain."

The stranger motioned Elena to follow him over the river side, and after taking a final glance at the strawberries, she hesitantly followed after. Once they got over by the river side he leaned onto the railing and looked at the water with a small smile on his face.

After an awkward silence between the two, he finally started to speak. "The name is Zephyra and im your biological dad..."

Elena stood there, a bit confused, but mostly dumbfounded at hearing this. "Wh-why did you come back? And where have you been? And why did you leave me behind?!"

Zephyra took in a deep breath, before looking back at her with a big grin.

"Well i was out in the world, you should have seen everything that i have, outside here is such a big world with everything wonderful sights to see!" He seemed excited to see her, before his expression went back to a blank one. "And I came back because I heard the words of a girl with white hair and big glasses running around and doing crazy stuff here, and so when i had the chance to travel here, i took it... But sadly I can't stay for long, I have a bunch of science to do."

Elena didn't seem bothered by this, seeming a bit intrigued by what he was talking about.

"But what about mom? Is she here too? Or is she doing something interesting too?"

Zephyra’s expression turned grim at the talk of her mother. "I really don't know, but i think she has passed already... The only reason you are here is because i got drunk and went to a brothel, outside of that i never talked to her again, i only heard she passed when i returned a year later."

Elena gently patted him on the back, even though she wasn't the best with emotions she still wanted to help. "W-well at least you are here? And maybe soon you can live in Regalia, and you can meet my family... They aren't related to me by blood, but they are still family to me..."

Zephyra let out a chuckle. "Well at least you got your life under control, and I guess I have mine a little under control, despite being the worst father ever. I bet you must have all kinds of adventures I have missed out on, but I'll try to return someday. I'm not sure when, but i think i'm definitely going to stay in this town before it's too late."

Elena leaned onto the railing in a similar stance to her father. "I really have... For the better or worse..."

Zephyra reached up a hand to ruffle his child's hair, before another stranger ran up to him.

"Professor! The boat will leave soon, you need to come back now!"

Zephyra let out a sigh, before leaning down and hugged his daughter for the very first time. "Elena, i will come back and raise you properly, i know you are an adult, but its not too late yet, just give me some more time and i will come back and we can have our own adventures and travels together."

Elena embraced the hug, as a stream of tears ran down her face. "I'll be waiting for you, there is still so much I need to talk to you about."

Zephyra leaned back and used his finger to dry away the tears. "I know i haven't been the best, but ill give back the years we lost together."

The stranger gently tugged on Zephyra’s shoulder. "Professor we need to hurry!"

And at that, Zephyra stood up and patted Elena on the head. "This is our goodbye for now, just be sure to always live, even if you are scared." He then ran off as he waved his goodbye to his daughter, with a reassuring smile on his face.

(OOC Note: This is the first time im writting a story like this so i welcome any feedback)
    (OOC Note 2: I doubt anyone would be intrested, but if anyone would want to play Zephyra then the position is open)

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 Peachici, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
  2. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

A good story but the had adventures being Zeph’s answer is kinda vague. Some short examples might help especially to contextualize what kind of professor he is. ​